33 Y/O, Just Started TRT. Bloodwork and Protocol Feedback?

Just started week three of TRT. So far, so good. Was just looking for some feedback on my current protocol and my lab results. The doctor I’m going to is very hands-off, so a lot of this I’m having to learn for myself. Any advice on splitting up my Anastrozole and HCG dosages would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Currently prescribed:
-200mg/mL test cypionate weekly
-1500 IU/ML HCG weekly
-0.5 Anastrozole (capsule) 3x weekly

Current protocol:
-100mg test injections 2x weekly IM with 23 gauge 1" needle (Mon and Thurs)
-1500IU HCG 1x weekly SQ with 31 gauge needle (Tues–I realize I need to break this up into more frequent injections after reading the stickies)
-0.5mg Anastrozole 2x weekly (Mon and Wed)

Next checkup isn’t until October.

Changes I’ve noticed so far:
-Morning wood has returned (after years of being gone)
-Increased libido; better erections
-Night sweats and difficulty sleeping
-No change in energy (if anything I’m even more tired than before)
-Minor irritability (could just be the people I’m surrounded by)

Weight: 168lbs
Height: 5’8"
Waist: 32"
Body and Facial Hair: Abundant
Carrying Fat: Mostly around midsection
Health Symptoms: Lethargy, Mood swings, difficulty losing fat/gaining muscle; lack of libido; no energy; depression; no cardio
Diet: Not great. I also usually under-eat. Ratio of clean meals to bad is about 50/50.
Training: I was training BJJ/MMA 3 times a week and weight lifting 3 times a week. Had no cardio and was retaining fat despite all attempts otherwise. Now I’ve just started back lifting after a seven month layoff.

LUTEINIZING HORMONE 4 (6.0 - 19.0 mIU/ml)
FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE 6 (4.0 - 10.0 mIU/ml)
DHEA-S 2116 (1419 - 3867 ng/ml)
SHBG 22 (10 - 55 nmol/L)
FREE TESTOSTERONE-CALCULATED 6.88
ESTRADIOL 3 (0.5 - 5 ng/dl)
TESTOSTERONE LEVEL 283 (200 - 1000 ng/dl)

ALBUMIN 5.5 (3.5 - 5.2 G/DL)

DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE 283 (112 - 955 pg/mL)

PROLACTIN 4.9 (3.0 - 30.0 NG/ML)

SOMATOMEDIN-C 210 (77 - 250 NG/ML)

HEMATOCRIT 42.4 (37.0 - 49.0 %)

HEMOGLOBIN 15.1 (13.0 - 17.0 G/DL)

CHOLESTEROL 196 (<200 MG/DL)
TRIGLYCERIDES 245 (<150 MG/DL)
HDL 35 (>39 MG/DL)
LDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 112 (<100 MG/DL)
LDL/HDL RATIO, SERUM 3.20 (<3.55 RATIO)

Way to high in your dosages. Start with the stickies which lists the protocol by KSman. Your SHBG is scary, is it really 2 or a typo?

I’m not sure what to make of some of your labs as the ranges are strange to me. Hopefully ksman will jump in.

200mg of T cyp is a high dose for TRT. That will most likely put your TT and FT well above the high range. This can cause health issues in the long run. Most on here take around 100mg/week give or take. Also, with 1mg of Adex your E2 is likely to be elevated which can ruin all the good effects of TRT. Lastly, you need to inject the hcg much more often. EOD is recommended. I do E3D.

You can and should consider injecting the T sq also.

The SHBG showing 2 is definitely a typo. Thanks for catching it! It’s been corrected in original post.

Ah… much better and a good spot to be at by the way. Natural blessings LOL. Below is a cut and paste from the stickies.

TRT: Protocol for Injections
•100mg test cypionate or ethanate injected per week with two or more injections per week.
•250iu hCG SC EOD [every other day]
•1.0mg Arimidex/anastrozole per week in divided doses.

1 Like

Almost a month later.

Current protocol:

100mg test Mon
100mg test Thurs

500iu HCG Tues
500iu HCG Thurs
500iu HCG Sat

I’ve been taking maybe .25mg AI a week. Haven’t noticed any gyno or sore nipples or other symptoms. Wondering if I should be taking it anyway.

Energy levels are still very low, but libido has increased exponentially. I’ve also moved to doing subQ test injections with 27g 1/2" syringe (1cc since I can’t find .5cc locally) for the last two weeks.

Get follow up labs in another two weeks. Your doses are too high for T. You may not be a strong E converter. I am not either. Most recommend 1mg Adex per 100mg Test. I take half that. You probably are taking less than needed.