325x10 Dl Form. 'Does it Count' Check

I hit 325 x 10 (sort of) this week. You tell me if it counted. And I can always use advice on improving my form. My wife is also in the video doing 80 x 10. I think her form is a lot better than mine (deadlift and otherwise), though the view isn’t great. She would probably appreciate any comments you might have too.

That last rep was hella ugly. Rest of them looked okay. Is your wife repping out 165? That ain’t bad either.

[quote]elano wrote:
That last rep was hella ugly. Rest of them looked okay. Is your wife repping out 165? That ain’t bad either.[/quote]

X2

bit reminiscent of diesel wiesel, nah wasnt that bad but yer the form could do with a bit of work, its not bad at the beginning but there is a bit of rounding in your back

That last one would never count, you were hitching. You may have gotten called on not pulling you shoulders back enough on a few of those last ones as well. Also why are you moving your knees after you lock it out, and your shaking your head side to side.
Is your gym in your living room b/c if it is that’s awesome!.
His wife is doing 80x10 reread his post.

Hawk man, what’s with the head twitching and the sneering!!LOL. Dude your legs were locking out at different times. Stop messing around before you jack your back or fuck up a knee or something. Good job on the pull tho. I gotta say if you can do all that shit you can pull more weight!!

Tell your wife to keep her head up when pulling and she’s doing a good job. It looks like she was giving you a little shit after your set for falling down??? LOL

[quote]hachi wrote:
That last one would never count, you were hitching. You may have gotten called on not pulling you shoulders back enough on a few of those last ones as well. Also why are you moving your knees after you lock it out, and your shaking your head side to side.
Is your gym in your living room b/c if it is that’s awesome!.
His wife is doing 80x10 reread his post.[/quote]

Thanks hachi. I didn’t notice my knees. I’ll work on that. I definitely noticed the head thing. lol. That looks retarded enough that I almost didn’t post. I’ll keep it at 325 for a couple of weeks and see if I can get it under control.

Oh yeah, that is my living room. More importantly, that is the woman who lets me keep my living room like that. I’m a lucky man.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:
Hawk man, what’s with the head twitching and the sneering!!LOL. Dude your legs were locking out at different times. Stop messing around before you jack your back or fuck up a knee or something. Good job on the pull tho. I gotta say if you can do all that shit you can pull more weight!!

Tell your wife to keep her head up when pulling and she’s doing a good job. It looks like she was giving you a little shit after your set for falling down??? LOL[/quote]

Thanks. So I think my priority (aside from cutting out the twitching… that has to be #1 because it’s embarrassing, lol) is consistency and timing. I.e. to lock my knees out and shoulders back consistently each lift. I’ve also got to work on my breathing. It’s crazy how easy it is for me to forget to breath. That probably results in many of the problems late in the set.

Your upper back is seriously rounded in almost all of those reps. Focus on pinching your shoulder blades together and keep a straight back. It is understandable if by rep 8, 9, 10 your form breaks down, but you are rounding on even the first rep.

Your wife needs to bend more at the knees when pulling from the ground. It appears to be almost all lower back for her.

Also try dropping your butt down more at the beginning of each lift, and sitting back more. It looks like the bar may be coming away from you a little, in the later reps.
Usually when I do higher rep deads I tend to stiff leg it a bit to though.

That’s some nice fast reps. I feel slow as hell after watching you.

Some feedback, you bend your knees right when you start to lower the bar, so it looks like you’re using your quads to help you lower the bar. I usually start to bend my knees as the bar is passing them.

Also, It’s probably just me and my slow ass, but are you fully deloading?

This is a good link for form, definitely worth reading, rereading, waiting a week then reading again, etc.

[quote]GripAndRip wrote:
Some feedback, you bend your knees right when you start to lower the bar, so it looks like you’re using your quads to help you lower the bar. I usually start to bend my knees as the bar is passing them.

This is a good link for form, definitely worth reading, rereading, waiting a week then reading again, etc.

[/quote]

Great link. As you said, I’ll read and watch the examples. then let it sink in. Then do it again.

About using the quads… I might be doing it wrong intentionally. Deadlift was introduced to me as a leg exercise, and I understand that most people do it on leg day. But it seems to naturally be more of a back exercise for me. So, I thought I was doing it wrong and spent a lot of time trying to adjust my lift to use my legs more and back less.

I now understand it better as a posterior chain exercise. It’s really not right to think of it as a leg exercise. So I probably need to undo a lot of the leg-heavy adjusting I did early on. I’ll review the advice and example videos at your link (and others) to see what I need to do about this.

[quote]GripAndRip wrote:
That’s some nice fast reps. I feel slow as hell after watching you.

Also, It’s probably just me and my slow ass, but are you fully deloading?[/quote]

Man, I think slower is better. I did them fast because I really wanted to reach 10, and it would have been a lot harder if I let it linger at all. I do put the weight fully to the floor (except for one rep where I accidentally started pulling too quickly). But I was taking advantage of muscle bounce (not plate bounce though, lol. That would break my floor).

Anyway, I obviously pushed it to squeeze 10 reps out. For the following two weeks I will try to slow it down as I keep the weight the same and work on my form. It’s definitely a better workout to go slower. But this week it took me right to the limit to even get to the sloppy finish I had.

From my (limited) experience, doing 325 for 10 reps fast and falling apart at the end is probably a good indication that the 1RM is around 380 or 390. But if you can do 325 x 10 with good form at a moderate to slow pace, your 1RM may be as high as 430 or 440. There’s a big difference. So if you do them slow and solid, you should be proud. I’ll get there one of these weeks.

pretty solid dude i love the gym set up in your house. i would probably not have the TV in there but its your thing.

i agree with hachi in dropping your but more and leaning back, i feel that helped me a lot.

PS i really want to deadlift now.

i did 325x4 without straps or a belt like u and felt pretty good now i feel like a girl, im on a mission to do 10 without straps or belt now lol… Good job, your wife is super cool for letting u have that equipment. i hope i have a gym in my house when im married.

Nice i just hit 315x10 a few weeks back but that started some painful headaches for me so ive slowed down a bit