320x8 Powerjerks

Hey Forum, been oly lifting for about 8.5 months. here are some jerks i did a week or so ago. leave me comments. 320lbs x 8 Powerjerks - YouTube

STRONG!!

Very Nice.

1. you are big

2. you are strong

3. you are very explosive

4. I HAVE to get me some of those boxes/platforms.

Great work, that is super strong. What’s your bw?

heavythrower- thanks

my weight is around 138.6kg or 305lbs for the non kilo guys creapin around. i appreciate the comments. ill be posting more since i just became a member

Welcome here mate and very strong!

What are your PB’s?

Koing

koing- my best so far after about 8.5 months of oly lifting are 110 snatch, and 140 c&j. my lifts dont match my strength yet because iam still working on getting my technique right. but it will come and when it does ill have a very competitive total in american weightlifting

Yeah for sure man!

Stick with it and rush slowly as my Gymnastics coach would say :slight_smile:

Koing

seriously… where can you get platforms like that?

all home made…or can you buy them assembled?

these are home made. ill take more detailed pictures on friday and post them for you. they are great. strong, and absorb weight very well. completely adjustable in 4 inch sections. ill have some pics late friday night

[quote]blackbeardoly wrote:
these are home made. ill take more detailed pictures on friday and post them for you. they are great. strong, and absorb weight very well. completely adjustable in 4 inch sections. ill have some pics late friday night[/quote]

Home made? They lookk professionaly built!

Yeah take pics if you can mate :slight_smile:

Koing

If youre lifting strictly for OL, then leave the high reps out. You want to work on execution rather than just getting the weight up sloppily.

thank you for the advice. 8 isnt really high reps. and they have their place. just so you know it was my last set out of 5x3’s. and the set of 8 was just for video. i checked your profile and didnt see any videos… why is that? and i wouldnt even say it was “sloppily” but then again ive never seen you lock out 320 overhead. for a single. let alone 8

dont feed the troll bear…

serious question…

who has a link to a source where I can buy some of those blocks or plans that tell you how to build them?

btw…the best part of the video is how on the last rep…you casually walk the weight still overhead over the platform the drop it…lol

sorry i didnt get any pictures ill get some on monday i swear…

thank you for the advice. 8 isnt really high reps. and they have their place. just so you know it was my last set out of 5x3’s. and the set of 8 was just for video. i checked your profile and didnt see any videos… why is that? and i wouldnt even say it was “sloppily” but then again ive never seen you lock out 320 overhead. for a single. let alone 8 [/quote]

For jerks (and OL in general) 8 is really high (except maybe in LSU where they sometimes do higher rep assistance work but Im not an expert in their training). My profile has nothing to do with the advice, and you need not get defensive because I checked goheavy and Tim Swords said similarly what I said with a less defensive response from you despite saying that the said was sloppy as well. Why the different response?

http://goheavy.com/forums/olympic/index.cgi/read/548176

If you want advice and have been lifting for 8.5 months, then leave your ego at the door. If you have all the answers, then why make this thread?

For jerks (and OL in general) 8 is really high (except maybe in LSU where they sometimes do higher rep assistance work but Im not an expert in their training). My profile has nothing to do with the advice, and you need not get defensive because I checked goheavy and Tim Swords said similarly what I said with a less defensive response from you despite saying that the said was sloppy as well. Why the different response?

If you want advice and have been lifting for 8.5 months, then leave your ego at the door. If you have all the answers, then why make this thread?

this will be my last response to gqartguy on this post pertaining to this subject matter. the problem with your post is answered in your own post “I checked goheavy and Tim Swords said similarly what I said” you checked go heavy and then tried to pass off a knowledgable coaches advice as your own on a different forum. having said that. i did my research on coach tim swords before i wrote the reply, just like i did with you. if you wernt an arm chair expert my response wouldnt have seemed so defensive. i dont have an ego, i just have no tolerance for someone who isnt a known name or can do what i can, calling it sloppy because he read it on another forum. i dont have all the answers and didnt claim to. im all about putting up or shutting up. im sure you can see where thats going…ill be waiting for your video

this will be my last response to gqartguy on this post pertaining to this subject matter. the problem with your post is answered in your own post “I checked goheavy and Tim Swords said similarly what I said” you checked go heavy and then tried to pass off a knowledgable coaches advice as your own on a different forum. having said that. i did my research on coach tim swords before i wrote the reply, just like i did with you. if you wernt an arm chair expert my response wouldnt have seemed so defensive. i dont have an ego, i just have no tolerance for someone who isnt a known name or can do what i can, calling it sloppy because he read it on another forum. i dont have all the answers and didnt claim to. im all about putting up or shutting up. im sure you can see where thats going…ill be waiting for your video[/quote]

Assume what you want (though its interesting you bring the charge after I point out your behavior rather than in my original post to you). Regardless your banter doesnt change the content of the advice, nor does your extensive research of my t-mag profile so you can continue to (illogically) respond differently to the same advice.

I have no interest in getting into a pissing contest with you and doing an assistance movement for 8 reps (good luck finding lifters willing to take time from their training to do something that unnecessary). So go forward doing 8 reps if you think those arent high for OL, keep doing them with subpar form (no didnt have to go on goheavy to make that call), keep avoiding the content of advice and adjusting your attitude to it based on whether it comes from someone with a name you know or who is foolish enough to do what youre doing.