32 Years Old, 220 Pounds, Trying to Get Lean and Shredded

Are you insinuating that 32 is old? :rofl:

1 Like

As an old fart, Iā€™d probably recommend some classes because if youā€™ve been reading and hurt your back doing curls you need one on one guidance. Just me thinking

1 Like

Nah no classes I need to get going, got overzealous. My back is fine now been lifting boxes all day just need a novice plan or an alternative to the full body workout posted. I like having a few options

@shrednation
ā€œNew Old School Circuit Trainingā€

1 Like

Go and actually read the article I linked. It has a novice plan. Its fullbody.

2 Likes

@RampantBadger
I have skimmed that article but never actually read it till now. It was awesome. A lot of good information. Thanks.

This is a great article. Itā€™s kinda pissing me off that this dude wonā€™t read it even though itā€™s exactly what heā€™s been asking for lol

3 Likes

Iā€™m reading it lol

Just want to have a few choices and make a final decisions, thanks for your guys time Iā€™m going to be reading these and making a decision

Dude get some balls and do it. There isnā€™t a buffet in your condition. You have prime rib with people offering you it for free and guiding youā€¦when ā€œtheirā€ knowledge is like dessert. Fucking do it!

The 5x5 one looks interesting
How do I progress it week to week (volume)
Do I keep the same weight on for every set or increase it?
When can I add a new exercise?

That inkā€™s gonna take a while.

1 Like

Just move through the phases/test yourself as outlined

Just stick to those moves and make them really count. After all the phases(about 8 weeks?) move on to another template to get more excercises, like the ones already mentioned above or Dan Johnā€™s ā€˜Mass Made Simpleā€™ if like that approach

1 Like

Just curious because Dan doesnā€™t seem to mention it in the article (but I might very well have missed it): when do you progress from the first 8-6-4 workout to the 5x5 one?
[never mind about this, actually re rear the article and found it.]

Also, did he ever write an article about adapting this program to a single trainee? He says, for example, that rest periods depend on other athletes working with you.

I bookmarked this article and plan on trying the program(s) by the end of summer, so Iā€™d like to understand it first. Also, are all the three sets supposed to be done with the same weight or can I increase it when lowering the reps?

1 Like

Are you cutting right now because that was a lot of food analogiesā€¦haha

1 Like

Dang it. I wasnā€™t going to come back to site but had to respond. Nah, Iā€™m not cutting. Iā€™m just stating it in food terms cuz Iā€™m a recovering anorexic so I appreciate food! Thought it coorelated well.

1 Like