32, Update: Back to Normal Levels, but High TSH and CK (Had High SHBG, Low Free T)

Age=32
waist size?

Elevated E2 + lower FT increases SHBG that then reduces FT and increases TT with non-bioavailable SHBG+T so that TT overstates your status.

Source of E2 is FT–>E2. As FT is low, FT–>E2 is low, so the reason for high E2 is then reduced liver clearance which can be from some meds etc or a liver condition. Was AST/ALT tested?

With low FT, FT–>DHT will be low.

Progesterone is below reporting threshold. But not undermining your cortisol production. progesterone–>cortisol in the adrenals. DHEA-S also shows decent adrenal function. Low fat diets can shift hormone levels.

You seem to have deep hypothyroidism.
Now why? Prolactin is not causing this.

FSH is often a better indicator of LH status than LH lab results. Your FSH is not low and I think that the problem is with your testes? Do they ache? Hanging OK? Smaller?

Have you used any oral 5-alpah reductase inhibitor drugs for hair loss? In a few guys, that wrecks everything quite fast.

You could feel better now taking 1/4mg anastrozole now twice a week. But this will not fix your low T.

You have a lot of reading to do. Nothing below is trivial.

TSH better near 1.0
fT4 should be near midrange ~15, 12.98 is too low.
fT3 better nearer to 5.0
Problem can be from an iodine deficiency caused by not using iodized salt. See below re “oral body” temperatures to learn more. Post your temperatures and history of sources of iodine etc.

Do not test GH directly as it move a lot minute to minute. IGF-1 indicates your GH status.

Exercise with low T plus low thyroid function requires adrenalin to overcome natural energy and adrenal fatigue can result. See the thyroid basics sticky and see references to starvation diets, rT3, stress, adrenal fatigue and Wilson’s book.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

1 Like