315X1 Front Squat

Good squat OP. Agreed with what someone else said: you definitively had 5 more in you.

I’ve been doing the plates under the heels thing for a while now. I find I’m a bit erratic (read: daft) at times and will sometimes be three sets in and say “shit, forgot the 10s”.

Good points by everyone, I just never worked in the heels elevated element, so foot in mouth there. The guy kicked ass with it, as I said earlier, lots of respect for the accomplishment, was merely suggesting something…sorry for pissing everyone off, was definitely not downing the guy at all.

And just to close it out, failed attempt at 315x1 for me…got up 285 x 1 1/4 (feet flat breaking parallel)…I know for sure at this point I wouldn’t have gotten 315 past parallel feet down. Haven’t gotten ~300 since college baseball training days…oh well.

So, fail on my part, you guys have your win, no need to try and video an attempt cause I won’t cut it. Flame on.

Nice OP what’s your height and weight?

thx for the response fellas…

i definitely could have gotten 5 more reps. i use the elevated heels for more quad stimulation. i got it from an article on here. i was back squatting 425 for reps before i switched to front squats. My butt was getting huge and my quads were lagging. The elevated heels just fells better because of my height.

im currently switching over to powerlifing…but with a twist. i want to get as strong as possible on every lift while staying under 5% bf…i got electronically measured at 3.8 last week.

here is another on my lifts

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
Nice OP what’s your height and weight?[/quote]

im 6’2 191…at about 3.8% bf…checked last week at the gym…i was 2.8 a month ago…i just chuck it up to genetics…cuz my diet is decent…not great.

Nice work. But you really should get some weightlifting shoes with a heel instead of using the plates, it doesn’t look very safe.

I don’t see why the guy suggesting mobility work got such a negative response… ignoring mobility is beyond stupid, especially for a powerlifter.

[quote]Dsmoove wrote:

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

im 6’2 191…at about 3.8% bf…checked last week at the gym…i was 2.8 a month ago…i just chuck it up to genetics…cuz my diet is decent…not great.
[/quote]

You know that the electronic measuring is wrong and you are actually no where near 2.8-3.8% BF right?

.greg.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Dsmoove wrote:

[quote]pumped340 wrote:

[/quote]

You know that the electronic measuring is wrong and you are actually no where near 2.8-3.8% BF right?

.greg.[/quote]

x2

Take a picture holding up a shoe and we will determine what your bf% really is.

Mr. O’s aren’t down to that kind of bodyfat. you don’t need to worry about your bodyfat

[quote]Dsmoove wrote:
i definitely could have gotten 5 more reps. i use the elevated heels for more quad stimulation. i got it from an article on here. i was back squatting 425 for reps before i switched to front squats. My butt was getting huge and my quads were lagging. The elevated heels just fells better because of my height.
[/quote]

Could you post a link to that article? I’m having the same problem as you, my ass is getting huge and it’s pissing my gf off. I might have to try this raised heals business.

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]Dsmoove wrote:
[/quote]

Could you post a link to that article? I’m having the same problem as you, my ass is getting huge and it’s pissing my gf off. I might have to try this raised heals business.[/quote]

Get a new GF.

[quote]A Ninny Mouse wrote:

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]Dsmoove wrote:
[/quote]

Could you post a link to that article? I’m having the same problem as you, my ass is getting huge and it’s pissing my gf off. I might have to try this raised heals business.[/quote]

Get a new GF.[/quote]

QFT

Great squat man

That’s an impressive squat for your size, congrats.

Those electronic tests really are BS though, it’s like how all the wrestlers back in my high school had it read 3-5%…lol, I remember mine read as 4.5 or something and I was about 12% at the time. Judging from your profile pics I’d say around 8-10%

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]Dsmoove wrote:
[/quote]

Get a new GF.[/quote]

QFT[/quote]

Yeah, ok, I’ll just dump my gf and keep squatting normally. As long as you come round and give me blowjobs… no homo :wink:

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]HiFiBoy wrote:

[quote]Dsmoove wrote:
[/quote]

Get a new GF.[/quote]

QFT[/quote]

Yeah, ok, I’ll just dump my gf and keep squatting normally. As long as you come round and give me blowjobs… no homo :wink:
[/quote]

If you post enough videos of yourself squatting, I think we can get together a fund to buy you an anal vibrator.

…and I just crossed the line. This exchange is OVER.

EDITE: I’ve been completely off-topic. Kudos to the OP! That is a damn narrow stance you’ve got there.

best o quads

This thread progressively became hilarious…

The front squat was decent.

I’m not a fan of squatting with such a narrow stance, nor squatting on plates.

Neither am I a fan of walking several paces outward with a heavy ass load on my person (exerting the energy needed to accomplish that seems illogical to me. I’d rather conserve it and use that potential energy for one more rep).

In addition, as others have already chimed in, your bf number is utter nonsense. There is no way you’re at 3-4%, thus you’re goal of getting “as strong as possible on every lift while staying under 5% bf” is laughable at best.

…and even if the bf was correct, that goal would still be idiotic to me.

In addition, standing at 6’2" and only weighing 191 lbs. would be something I’d address immediately, especially if your pursuit (as you stated) is to powerlift.

I’m hard pressed to believe you’re going to be putting up significant numbers at that weight in comparison to others your height who actually take the shit serious enough to achieve their potential weight-wise with little regard for a low bf.

Blah…

…I think you’re robbing yourself…