31 Yrs Old. High SHBG, Normal TT/FSH/LH, Low Free T

hi i am looking for advice on any natural ways if I can to help improve my life.
i have been suffering from the symptoms for many years (depression, lack of sex drive, anxiety, hard to build muscle, very easy to put on fat in woman position, muscle wastage after just a week break) however i do not feel tired all the time like some people report .

i have been taking for 1 year
50mg zing
400mg mg
5000 iu vitamin d
probitoics
multivitamin

Your pituitary gland isn’t the problem and am surprised your doctors said so, your liver is producing too much SHBG and it scavenging too much of your testosterone. We are dealing with the NHS so misdiagnosing is expected as few doctors inside the NHS are knowledgeable enough. The NHS is the last place one should look for hormone therapy.

TSH is starting to indicate your thyroid is struggling a little, healthy young men see TSH closer to 1.0, . Reverse T3 might help explain elevated TSH, NHS will refuse this test do to costs. You can order it privately, suggest you go a private clinic. Men’s Health Clinic is Dorset, Dr Robert Stevens really knows what he’s doing. I think they do telemedicine, not sure though.

Hormone levels within the references ranges does not mean you are normal, however it makes it easier on the doctor since he can look at a number and determine you are normal for the fact that you are in the normal range regardless if your have symptoms. It gets you in and out of the office so the doctor can move onto the next patient, quick and minimal time is wasted and a the patient ends up without a proper diagnosis. This happened to you.

TRT results will depend on thyroid status which you can evaluate by checking oral morning and afternoon body temperatures using a glass thermometer. You want to see waking 97.8 and by 2p.m 98.6, if lower could indicate high Reverse T3 which can block good Free T3 levels. Reverse T3 needs to be less than 15 ng/dL, any higher and it could be blocking Free T3.

You won’t find anyone here on T-Gels, injectable testosterone is 100% absorbed so no need to worry about absorption issues and sweating off the T-Gel and contact with children. Those who have thyroid problems will fail to absorb T-Gels, pellets are problematic and inconsistent.

1 Like

Glass thermometer is all that’s needed.

You will require large injection and likely levels at or above the normal ranges to feel normal, pellet therapy will not work, pellets release testosterone at a slower rate and you require the opposite and I’m certain this will be too complicated for your NHS doctor.

NHS doctors believe in range is fine and dandy and this couldn’t be farther from the truth, it’s more complicated for most doctors to comprehend. The suggestion to do gels or pellets is a give away that this is too complicated for them, injections require the most skill and experience and why it wasn’t offered. The truth is in the details.

In the beginning I told myself there’s no way I’m going private and paying out of pocket for TRT, well I’m paying out of pocket a year later. You start TRT with the NHS and you just might feel worse than you do now.

I think you may have thyroid problems, NHS won’t treat you until your thyroid is all destroyed all to save on healthcare costs.

Hi @challie,

Stinging Nettle Root did not work for me at all. IMO, most of what is available does not have enough “root” in it to actually work. Boron has worked FOR ME, and I tested the results with blood work. Others here have not been successful with Boron.

My journey started exactly as you describe … High SHBG, Normal (to high) T, and Low Free T. My thread is here if you get bored. I am doing a lot of experimentation (with pellets and adjunct medications). I also did not want to start TRT, but all signs pointed in that direction.

Good Luck.