31 YO Male with Low Testosterone

I started on 120 mg of test cyp a week split into 60 mg twice a week subq with no AI. Also on hcg, 20 mark on insuline syringe. After three weeks my test is 540 and e2 is 49. Doc told me to take .1mg trochee of anastrozal twice a week.

Anastrozole is very bio-available. So I do not see the point of a trochee.

.2mg anastrozole/week will not be enough unless you are an anastrozole over-responder.

TRT does not create any liver issues.

What should I tell my doctor? I had told his assistant that .1mg seems low and she said that’s what every patient is on. The most she sees is .2mg. Does anastrozal come in liquid or pills? How much do you think I need per week? Is there somewhere else I can get without a prescription that is just as good?

In USA? google research chemical anastrozole which will be a liquid, preferred as dosing is flexible.

Typical is 1mg anastrozole per 100mg T ester.

“anastrozal” is a spelling problem

Your target should be E2=22pg/ml. Perhaps your doctor’s office has something different in mind.

Some are anastrozole over-responders, read up in the stickies, you should be aware by now.

Thanks for the input. Gonna try and talk to doc about upping the “anastrozole”

I have been reading and trying to figure out anastrozole dosing. But it seems like dosing is all over the board. My estrogen last tested was 49. Taking 140 mg test twice a week and 250iu of hcg twice a week. I feel like I’m holding water and my blood pressure is up. I’m contacting doctor to up the mg in anastrozole pills to .5 mg per pill. I’m thinking of cutting them in half and taking .25 mg mon-tues, thurs-fri. How does this sound? Should I do something else? Any help is appreciated

Is the E2 test sensitive or ultra sensitive? If so, it’s Way too high. 0.5mg twice per week will be a good place to start. Then re test in 4 weeks. Needs to be sensitive or ultra sensitive to be a good test.

It’s labcorp ultra sensitive. Would it be better to space out smaller doses. I’m just thinking e2 levels would be more stable. Or it doesn’t matter

I’m not sure it matters, but you can try it. That is really high for that test. You’ll start to feel better pretty soon. Re test after four weeks and post labs then you can make a definitive dose change.

Ok on 9/29/16 I had a blood draw. I was taking 120 mg of test split into 2 doses per week. 250iu of hcg at the time of shots. My labs were T:581 and estradiol at 48. I take my shots every Monday and Thursday.

My doctor told me to up the test to 140mg and take .1mg of anastrozole at each shot of test. I did this for 2 1/2 weeks and the day before my blood work I took .5mg of anastrozole to control high estrogen. On 10/20/16 I had blood work done. My T:546 and E2:13.1. My question is am I sensitive to anastrozole? Also I’m kinda confused as to why my T level would be lower when I increased the dose from 120mg to 140mg

Hard to comment on the E2 because you altered the protocol right before the labs! Can’t make educated changes in protocol without consistency.

As far as T goes, that is low for the amount of T your injecting. Whatever you do, stick with a protocol for 4 weeks then retest.

I know I screwed up but I wanted some kind of relief. I am taking .5mg twice a week since last blood work. Should I stay at .5mg knowing I have low e2 at this point or try .25mg instead

I have been on trt since September. Assuming e2 is in good range what else should I look at for sexual health. I hear some guys feel like they’re 18 again and have flashbacks to the good ol days. I really don’t have any libido at all and suffering from ED. No morning wood either. I was hoping this was the magic bullet to improved sexual health but I was wrong. Is there something else I need to look at or supplement with to help? Thanks

Personally I dont even think you need an AI. I cycle with much more and have no E issues.

Before every body says I am lucky when I front loaded my first cycle my shit went bonkers and then I had to use armidex rest of the cycle. But since that my doses have ranged from 250 every 6th day to 250 every 4th day and I have not needed an AI. I am now dropping my dose from 250E4D to an actual TRT dose of 100mg every 4th day and I might need an AI during this period of hormone readjustment.

High E levels on cycle only matter if the test ratio is low. When you are taking such a low dose of test armidex should not be needed or even ideal.

Hashtag dotadoctor

Getting your body fat in check will probably help a lot in both E levels and T levels naturally. This should have been your first step IMO.

Question about your test levels. I’m taking 160mg a week and my latest labs showed my levels at 611. E2 is good as well. What levels are you guys getting and is my level fine?

Need some guidance here BC I’m getting frustrated. I been taking 80 mg of T twice a week and my latest.blood levels of total T are 461. E2 was 24. Can someone explain why my number is so low? Also taking 200 you of HCG twice a week