31 Y/O w/Low T but Still in Range

Height: 6’1"
Waist: 40.5" by tape / 36" by pant size
Weight: 235
Body / Facial hair: sparse and patchy
Carry most fat on stomach, butt, and thighs pretty much always been this way.
No health conditions.
No Rx drugs, claritin during allergy season.

Lab Results:
Total T: 364.6 (249-836 ng/dL)
LH: 3.3 (no range given)
FSH: 1.6 (no range given)
E2: 22.4 (no range given)
SBHG: 27.85 (14.5-48.4 nmol/L)
Free T: Getting test later this week.

Diet: Typical day - Oatmeal w/ peanut butter + protein shake for breakfast, in n out 4x4 for lunch, salmon or chicken w/ broccoli and rice for dinner.

Training: 5/3/1 mon tue thu fri. My total for the big 3 is about 1300 pounds.

Testes only ache upon release after a few days with no release.

Can’t remember ever having a nocturnal erection and morning wood only occurs 1-2 times per month, down from every day when I was in my mid 20’s.

I’ve been feeling mostly unmotivated and wake up most days feeling like I’m running on a half tank. By 5pm I’m ready to go to sleep and can barely concentrate enough to make the 30 min drive home. I’m a computer tech so my job isn’t really physically demanding. I’m having a really hard time progressing in the gym and it seems like I need a deload week every 2 weeks or I start developing tendon and joint pain. I can’t squat more than once a week or my whole body just starts falling apart.

Went to the doctor about 6 months ago with these issues and discovered a vitamin D deficiency, which has been resolved. We then tested my total T and got the above results. Doctor wanted to start TRT but I wanted to find out what was causing it so I saw an endo. The endo said everything was in range and told me I was just depressed and sent me back to my doctor.

What would you like to know?

There should be more info soon in an edit…

Basically I just want to get some feedback. I have 1 doctor that just wants to jump straight to TRT and an endo that thinks everything is in the “normal range” and attributes the way I feel to depression. I’m looking for a way to feel better but want to use TRT as a last resort.

Do my levels seem low? Do you think I’d benefit from TRT? Am I looking in the right direction?

If I were you I might start with an hcg challenge and see where I end up after that.

Once you edit and add more info we may be able to comment further.

Have you read the stickys?

Your lab ranges are different and a couple hundred lower then I’m use to on the top end usually.

Your T is on the lower end but if that’s the only test you have done I wouldn’t conclude anything on one set of labs

What time did you take these labs?

How long do you train for in a day.

You need more labs bud. Trt is for life.

Thyroid should be checked and adrenal fatigue should also be considered

Morning wood is a nocturnal erection.

Thanks for the reply aces,

Yes, I’ve read the stickies. Was there something in particular I should re-read?

I got my tests done at Kaiser and also noticed the ranges are lower than a lot of what I’ve read on the internet.

These labs were done at 9 am.

I’m usually out of the gym in 60-90 minutes.

The doctor did some thyroid tests as well
– TSH: 2.03 (0.35-4.00 uIU/mL)
– Free T4: 0.9 (0.8-1.5 ng/dL)

Adrenal fatigue makes a bit of sense to me based solely on the fact that I’ve developed a sensitivity to caffeine and for the last couple of years I get air hunger after a Monster or strong cup of coffee. I’ve stopped pretty much all caffeine for the last 6 months because of it. What tests should I request to see about adrenal fatigue?

Drop your training down to 45 minutes exhausting yourself is no good for T score.

Working out will raise testosterone but only for a short period of time what you read about this is a bunch of shit…:slight_smile:

You have a subclinical thyroid problem. Ft4 is getting real low so tsh is working harder to keep up.

Ft3 needs to be tested along with the other two.

the adrenals

Cortisol

ACTH

C peptide

Insulin.

Rt3

yes read the lab work sticky. If you pay for your own labs when you do the thyroid throw In tgab and tpo. Lef.org has a ultra sensitive E2 and sometimes has sales on lab work.

Do not jump on 50 mg of iodine before u test these and even still I personally will never again do 50 mg

So, I got the results for my Free Testosterone today 8/2.

Total T 462 (249-846)
Free T 129.2 (31-155)

I requested the other thyroid and adrenal labs, but the doctor says there’s no reason to test those and refused to order them. So, I’m shopping for a new doctor. I have an appointment with a DO on 8/22. I’ll update again when I have more news.

I don’t think depression is the issues but also testosterone is not concerning to me…

Thyroid is suspect…

Where is your joint pain? Everywhere?

Any tingling in the extremities? Feeling like something crawling under the skin?

Brain fog!

Muscle spasms?

Stomach problems?

Please list all symptoms even the ones you don’t think matter