30g Fiber - Too Much Effort

[quote]steinnes wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
nagarelli wrote:
Typical daily meal:

B - Cranberry, Macadamia Nut Cereal w/ 1 TBSP ground flaxseed, 1 TBSP psyllium husk, low-fat milk

L - 2 proteins (baked, fried, boiled, either…) 1 high fiber rice (14g). 1-2 fats.

After this time I am full. I no longer need to eat until the next day. I have a whey shake after workout M,W,F which consists of 1-4k run, light dumbbell work, abs and some kickboxing (3 rounds).

But I eat 1 more cereal for a snack and a 1 more meal similar to lunch for dinner just to eat.

As of today, 170lbs. All flab, nothing hard. In other words, same…

Thanks again!

Well THERE’S yer problem, lol.

Jesus, you eat crap for breakfast (almost any commercial cereal is guaranteed to be shit - sugar, salt, fat), Nothing midmorning, then a below-average lunch.

Then you repeat this shoddy intake later on.

You have a crap workout - too much cardio, and some ‘light weights’. The kickboxing is OK, provided it is done with sufficient intensity…

You have your protein intake AFTER training, when in actuality, you need protein BEFORE (to prevent muscle catabolism), DURING (BCAAs), and then AFTER but coupled with some carbs.

I see little or no fat intake, besides the crud that comes attached to your cereal.

Sorry to blast you, but the above is NOT a plan for developing a hard body, sorry.

Thats my opinion.

bushy

thanks for saying this.

I read through the diet, but just didn’t know where to start.

bushy you nailed it!

To the OP: stop fuzzing about fiber, fiber is the last of your worries, try the t-dawg diet, or get precision nutrition, use ground flax seed. Do not try and take what you’re doing now as some sort of “base”, it’s about as good a base for developing a physique as fresh cow manure is for building sky scrapers. The only thing you’ve got right is the ground flax seeds.[/quote]

I doubt that a sky scraper built of cow manure would hold up in an earthquake or heavy winds. Just as the OP’s diet won’t hold up against the demands of working out.

The cow manure analogy works well.

Definitely fix the diet! T-dawg 2.0 is a good start.

Looking at what you’re eating now, there were probably more calories in my last sneeze.

Others have suggested following some of the diets which can be found on this site and that may be a good place to start (providing the diet isn’t intended for fat/weight loss).

I think you would benefit greatly from developing a basic knowledge of food. Knowing that you should take protein and simple carbs after a workout is one thing, knowing WHY you should take protein and simple carbs after a workout is another. If you rely too heavily on any template I feel that you run the risk of being unable to accommodate unexpected situations and that’s not beneficial to anybody (except for the person who’s selling you the template).

Many thanks to all!