300 Training Routine

Has anyone seen this? Scroll down to “Spartan Training” under “More.”

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809262865/trailer

Help if I included the link.

lame can’t get it to play, just stays on ready.

The trainer is Mark Twight from Gym Jones

Gerard Butler was said to do this.

“300 rep spartan workout”

Without resting between exercises, Butler performs 25 pullups, 50 deadlifts with 135 pounds, 50 pushups, 50 jumps on a 24-inch box, 50 floor wipers , 50 single-arm clean-and-presses using a 36-pound kettle bell, and 25 more pullups.

It can also be found on Youtube. Part of the workout is as follows:

Without resting between exercises, do 25 pullups, 50 deadlifts with 135, 50 pushups, 50 jumps on a 24 inch box, 50 floor wipers, 50 single arm clean and presses using a 36-lb kettlebell, and 25 more pullups. Also they did tire flips, squat presses, gymastic ring work, etc.

During a number of interviews Gerard Butler said he worked out with the film trainer which was Mark Twight and worked out with his own trainer as well. So which trainers workout helped him the most? Who knows?

dammmmmmn.inspirational.it looks tough and their bodies look great. i cant wait to watch the movie.anybody read the comic book?

looks like a crossfit type workout,but you argue with results

[quote]WeaponXXX wrote:
anybody read the comic book?[/quote]

Yes. The story is quite a bit different from the movie. The overall plot is the same, but the event order is different and there is a lot added to the movie (most likely for the sake of lengthening it).

Leonidas’ wife barely makes an appearance in the book. The whole plotline involving the queen and Theron (the conniving council member) is absent. That is the most striking difference.

Previously I had advised people to read the graphic novel before seeing the movie, so as to compare the cinematography style to the drawings. After having seen the movie, however, I have changed my tune. Now I would advise to see the movie, read the book, and then see the movie again. Although we all know how the Battle of Thermopylae ended, knowing exactly how it was going to happen in the movie by having read the book took a little bit of the fun away for me.

The novel was re-released here in the States in 1999 with all five issues of the original series included in a hardbound cover; it’s about $30 here. Not sure how much it will run you across the pond.

I’ve also seen versions of that workout on the gymjones website scaled up, with 185 or 225 used on the deadlifts and floor wipers, and 2 kettlebells (or 53-pound bells) used for the clean and presses. If it looks too easy, you can always make it harder…

My favorite 300 exercise would have to be the “Persian Floor Press”

[quote]Nstruck wrote:
My favorite 300 exercise would have to be the “Persian Floor Press”[/quote]

lol.dude this picture has been photoshoped. no way that skinny dude could bench that guy up.

I’m curious if people believe you really can get that big and/or ripped doing this kind of ‘CrossFit’ style training?

Seems like the look it would create would be closer to what you get in ‘basic training’ in the military.

That gym looked awesome though. Wish I had a huge tire to flip across a room like that.

I don’t know how long a time period they trained for but it seems many were already in decent shape. That training certainly didn’t create any monsters.

Interesting, Dan John is listed under “disciples” on the “Jim Jones” website.

http://www.gymjones.com/disciples.php?id=5

-Matt

I just checked out some of the videos on the Gym Jones website and it looks like Dan John is in a few of the videos working out. Check out the “Intro” video and “One Piece.”