300 Theatrical Trailer

[quote]mrl179 wrote:
nice looks good, but overly and highly inacurate of the time period.[/quote]

Shouldn’t you be busy eating the cheetos that fell between the couch cushions?

[quote]mrl179 wrote:
nice looks good, but overly and highly inacurate of the time period.[/quote]

Did anyone else read this in the voice of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons?

[quote]harris447 wrote:
skaklight wrote:
Anyone read the book?

Frank Miller’s graphic novel, or the history book?

The graphic novel is amazing. Mostly told in splash pages on an oversized, horizontal page. Actually really cheap for a hardcover GN – $19.99.[/quote]

Yeah, I meant Frank Miller’s novel. Thanks.

[quote]harris447 wrote:
skaklight wrote:
Anyone read the book?

Frank Miller’s graphic novel, or the history book?

The graphic novel is amazing. Mostly told in splash pages on an oversized, horizontal page. Actually really cheap for a hardcover GN – $19.99.[/quote]

Where you at? All the sellers here have it for $30!

[quote]Jesse22 wrote:
check out the training they used. I saw this about a month ago. Mark Twight (www.gymjones.com) is their trainer. He’s a monster, but I know some of you won’t like the stuff he does. Oh well. He’s accomplished a lot using his training and I’ll be happy if I ever reach his level of accomplishments.[/quote]

Accomplished athlete, yes. “Monster”? No.

5’-5" at 155 lbs is no monster. Unless an endurance/conditioning monster is what you meant.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
A little of thread topic but, has anyone else read Steven Pressfield’s “Gates of Fire?”

It’s also about the 300. I read somewhere that George Clooney had bought the rights and wanted to make the movie.

[/quote]

That’s the last I read to.

Did you know every American soldier wounded in Iraq is handed a copy of that and the Bible? And that the marine corp have to read it as a matter of routine?

Great book - wish it had made it to the screen first - not sure it will now…bit like the other version of Alexander…

[quote]Irish Daza wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
A little of thread topic but, has anyone else read Steven Pressfield’s “Gates of Fire?”

It’s also about the 300. I read somewhere that George Clooney had bought the rights and wanted to make the movie.

That’s the last I read to.

Did you know every American soldier wounded in Iraq is handed a copy of that and the Bible? And that the marine corp have to read it as a matter of routine?

Great book - wish it had made it to the screen first - not sure it will now…bit like the other version of Alexander…[/quote]

I didn’t know that about the soldiers in Iraq. Thanks for the info.

I still hope it makes it. I heard he wants to do the movie HUGE like how they did Spartacus.

Looks good.

Does Frank Miller use the term “Molon Labe” in his graphic novel?

Is it in the movie?

I got a go ahead to put this up so check out some scans from the graphic novel. You’ll be amazed at how true to it the movie will be, you can even see some of the exact scenes in the trailer