300 Theatrical Trailer

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/300.html

They finally put the trailer up! That was dead for hours this morning!

I can’t get it to work for me. This movie is going to be insane though.

BAD

ASS

nice looks good, but overly and highly inacurate of the time period.

Looks sweet. Every Spartan is ripped and huge.

[quote]mrl179 wrote:
nice looks good, but overly and highly inacurate of the time period.[/quote]

Thanks Captain Obvious!

[quote]PGA wrote:
mrl179 wrote:
nice looks good, but overly and highly inacurate of the time period.

Thanks Captain Obvious![/quote]

LOL.

check out the training they used. I saw this about a month ago. Mark Twight (www.gymjones.com) is their trainer. He’s a monster, but I know some of you won’t like the stuff he does. Oh well. He’s accomplished a lot using his training and I’ll be happy if I ever reach his level of accomplishments.

I have been waiting for this to come out ever since I saw the trailer about a month ago. It’s supposed to come out in March.

A little of thread topic but, has anyone else read Steven Pressfield’s “Gates of Fire?”

It’s also about the 300. I read somewhere that George Clooney had bought the rights and wanted to make the movie.

[quote]Jesse22 wrote:
check out the training they used. I saw this about a month ago. Mark Twight (www.gymjones.com) is their trainer. He’s a monster, but I know some of you won’t like the stuff he does. Oh well. He’s accomplished a lot using his training and I’ll be happy if I ever reach his level of accomplishments.[/quote]

Shh… don’t let TC hear you saying that… his training is very “Crossfit”-esque. Probably more in line with the way real Spartans would have trained and looked.

[quote]mrl179 wrote:
nice looks good, but overly and highly inacurate of the time period.[/quote]

Yeah, the armour worn by the ogres was a little over the top.

The movie looks very cool and I will go see it in the theaters.

But if there’s a real historical story that does not need embellishing or exaggeration, it’s the story of Leonidas at Thermopylae.

That story is powerful enough to give you goosebumps from just reading about it in a textbook; I think adding all that extra fluff actually takes away from the original story itself.

Go tell Sparta, O stranger passing by,
that here, obedient to her laws, we died.

– Spartan burial ground at Thermopylae.

I wish every movie like this that came out wasn’t about “freedom”.

That being said I am looking forward to this one. It should have some cool moments.

Anyone read the book?

I’m very picky when it comes to dramatisation of history, but I think this will be tastefully done.

I don’t mean that it will be accurate, but anyone who’s studied classical antiquity will know us Greeks loved to embelish tales of military victories (or defeats in this case)

I’ll just suspend disbelief and imagine a bard of the times orating the story to me.

oh thats gonna be bad ass

[quote]skaklight wrote:
Anyone read the book?[/quote]

Frank Miller’s graphic novel, or the history book?

The graphic novel is amazing. Mostly told in splash pages on an oversized, horizontal page. Actually really cheap for a hardcover GN – $19.99.