$300 Supplement Challenge

[quote]robz0r wrote:
Jeez, this is like the most insane board there is here… give me some [edit] damn products to cash in on.[/quote]

We gave you plenty of options. You’re not going to convert everyone to your side on this issue, but you have at least a few different pretty good suggestions on this “insane board.”

Ok heres what to take :slight_smile:

1)Flameout
2)Surge Recovery
3)Superfood
4)Metabolic Drive
5)Creatine

Optional: Spike, Surge Workout Fuel, ZMA

That should keep you busy.

Go ahead FLAME ME :slight_smile:

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
robz0r wrote:
Jeez, this is like the most insane board there is here… give me some [edit] damn products to cash in on.

We gave you plenty of options. You’re not going to convert everyone to your side on this issue, but you have at least a few different pretty good suggestions on this “insane board.”[/quote]

Yes, I just was shocked why everybody took so personally to my situation, I can blatently afford to supplement for a few months while I bust my ass.

Thanks for the supplement aid:
redgladiator
time2getbig
BulletproofTiger
Invictica

You guys all pretty much suggested the same thing, with some other interesting reading i picked up a few things I wanted to dip into on the side so:

Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion, 5 Lbs., Strawberry & Cream
Optimum Opti-Men, 180 Tablets
Higher Power Chromium Picolinate, 200mcg/100 Capsules
Prolab Metabolic Thyrolean, 120 Capsules
BSN NO-Xplode, 2.25 Lbs., Orange
NOW Super EPA, 240 Softgels

200$ Shipped to my home.
All of this will do about 60 days on recommended servings.
I was having problems with getting some stuff shipped to Canada( HOT-ROX/Flameout just wont ship here or is sold out everywhere) for a decent price, I would have paid easily 300$ if i went to the city to get it.

Thanks for the help though guys, even those who said just fix your diet, I’ll keep my diet tight as hell as well for you all who said I should just spend it on food. I’d buy that food anyway, I really wouldnt go outside what I’ve been eating lately which includes a lot of veggies some fruits, good solid lean protein meats/fish, some nuts. I havent touched chocolate/chips or a cola(i’ve had maybe 5 diet drinks out with friends) in about 2 months.

The only thing outside a fairly strict regiment is like 2 subs a week @ subway cause I love that place. Always 9 grain, always a turkey/chicken and I go lite on the sauces, so I generally keep the caloric intake as minimal as possible, and the nutritional value as high as possible.

I thank you all for your input though, Hope I can see double digit loss for each of the next 2 months, I want to be Sub 250 for Canada day as a more specific goal.

[quote]Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion, 5 Lbs., Strawberry & Cream [/quote] Solid Choice

[quote]Optimum Opti-Men, 180 Tablets [/quote] Poor choice. I wouldn’t take a multi-vitamin/multi-mineral. Even a quality one. But that’s just me. I think there are plenty of nutrients in a diet that you should be eating. With the exception of a few key elements like Vit D, Omega 3’s, and possibly Zinc/Magnesium, it’s safe to say you get enough of everything else from food.

[quote]Higher Power Chromium Picolinate, 200mcg/100 Capsules [/quote] Undecided, but it’s cheap. I see no harm.

[quote]Prolab Metabolic Thyrolean, 120 Capsules [/quote] Waste of money.

[quote]BSN NO-Xplode, 2.25 Lbs., Orange [/quote] Solid Choice

[quote]NOW Super EPA, 240 Softgels[/quote] Solid Choice

I did not give you nutrition options because other more qualified people already did

I just don’t want to see you hungry and having to sell your car in december just to eat, then regretting your choices later. I’ve been there in '03 had to sell my mustang convertible for food and rent money, due to not being smart enough during a 1.5 year span with no income, I burned through all my savings before selling the car and had to cash in my 401k. My business never took off and eventually folded. So in '04 when I started my new job I had only a few $k to my name actually I had some credit card debt by then too.

I got laid off in '08 and due to my previous experience realized finding a job had to be the number one priority.

So we are just trying to help you out not make mistakes some of us have made.

BSN NO-Xplode, 2.25 Lbs., Orange Solid Choice

[/quote]
You people have too much money.

[quote]robz0r wrote:
BulletproofTiger wrote:
robz0r wrote:

BSN NO-Xplode, 2.25 Lbs., Orange
[/quote]

DEM CRAZY PUMPZ!!!

[quote]Da Vinci wrote:
Because I consistently see beginners getting side tracked by being worried about whether they should be taking no-xplode or which fat burner is going to burn the most fat in the quickest amount of time before ever having a solid understanding of nutrition or training. They’ll pop a HOT-ROX then go to wendys to get their protein. My issue isn’t with supplements, it’s with the order in which I see beginners managing their priorities to reach their goals.[/quote]

I stand corrected and good point!

I didn’t even need to read this whole post to know I would love every word.

[quote]chrisb71 wrote:
wow
"
I have over 4K saved up and banked.

My EI Nets me 1350$ a month. "

You think 4k is a lot? You are actually bragging about having 4k in savings? You are banking on it only taking 3 months to find a job? Are you serious? I know people who’ve been out of work for a year. I know some who took 5 months to find a job, and some who took weeks. I know people in their 30s who had to move back in with their parents.

It doesn’t matter what your expenses are, you DON’T HAVE INCOME. You DON’T KNOW how LONG it will take to find a new job! You are making an assumption and you are threatening your very ability to buy food to live.

Why aren’t you looking for a job immediately? Why are you waiting? If you have extra money and severance, why lose it all when you could get a new job and all that money will be extra?

I got laid off in November, I immediately stopped buying anything I didn’t NEED and started looking for a job the SAME NIGHT that I got laid off. And let me tell you looking for a job takes at least 40 hours a week, it is hard and I was on the phone constantly following up leads.

I had a 6 month emergency fund and an 8 week severance, which meant I could live for 8 months, plus I had unemployment insurance. That’s at least 10 months where I could pay my mortgage and not work. BUT I had no idea how long it would take to find a job, what it took me over half a year but like you I assumed it would only take 3 months to find a job?

I found one and still have severance left over, and THAT money was extra to save some and buy some nice things I wanted. So I had 6 weeks worth of 2 paychecks, which was nice. After I had the security of an actual job, and made sure to build up my savings in case I get laid off again, I could spend the extra.

in short: don’t spend money on supplements or anything you don’t absolutely need to live until you find a job. Just buy food. UNLESS you relish the thought of moving back in with your parents. Just don’t take the chance.[/quote]

Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion, 5 Lbs., Strawberry & Cream Solid Choice

Optimum Opti-Men, 180 Tablets Poor choice. I wouldn’t take a multi-vitamin/multi-mineral. Even a quality one. But that’s just me. I think there are plenty of nutrients in a diet that you should be eating. With the exception of a few key elements like Vit D, Omega 3’s, and possibly Zinc/Magnesium, it’s safe to say you get enough of everything else from food.

Higher Power Chromium Picolinate, 200mcg/100 Capsules Undecided, but it’s cheap. I see no harm.

Prolab Metabolic Thyrolean, 120 Capsules Waste of money.

BSN NO-Xplode, 2.25 Lbs., Orange Solid Choice

NOW Super EPA, 240 Softgels Solid Choice[/quote]

I wasn’t sure on the Prolab Thyrolean, but I couldn’t get HOT-ROX/Lipo6 or anything because of some stupid Canadian Banned substances( i think Yohibime(sp)). I was basically trying to get 150$ since I got a free item of higher value at that point >_> I also really wanted to kick my metabolism to my old level of like 6 years ago, I figured between it and a Multivitamin we will see what happens.

[quote]chrisb71 wrote:
I did not give you nutrition options because other more qualified people already did

I just don’t want to see you hungry and having to sell your car in december just to eat, then regretting your choices later. I’ve been there in '03 had to sell my mustang convertible for food and rent money, due to not being smart enough during a 1.5 year span with no income, I burned through all my savings before selling the car and had to cash in my 401k. My business never took off and eventually folded. So in '04 when I started my new job I had only a few $k to my name actually I had some credit card debt by then too.

I got laid off in '08 and due to my previous experience realized finding a job had to be the number one priority.

So we are just trying to help you out not make mistakes some of us have made. [/quote]

I do appreciate that, but geographically and job market wise, Ottawa is mainly a government town, the job rate is nearly unaffected in my area, Yes my job did off-shore but it was a private company I had been with for 3 years, but I was in that position and got excellent experience at a management level, something that is always in demand around here.
I also have good connections which is why I am not panic stricken, I can call my father tomorrow and go make 20$/hr working something I really don’t want to do but if I had to I will, which is why I am giving myself until mid July before I restart my job search and by August I will start working with him if need be.

Losing weight is something I need to do for my personal sanity, it is like my pilgrimage now. I am sure some of you have been there, I’ve got social skills, funny and intelligent, lots of people love to hang out with me, I get laid every now and then, enough to keep my sanity. I’m just not able to attract a girl and keep a relationship. You just get sick of striking out with girls being overlooked by people with half your IQ.

Shugart has an article up: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/the_rules_of_attraction

I stumbled onto that yesterday, perfect description. Except I’m probably 50 lbs overweight, I hide it extremely well though… I am lucky to have a large enough frame where you know I can say 280 6’3 and people go really? 280? No freaking way…
If I joke about being fat, most people are like dude you aren’t fat, you’re just big… that works wonders until I get my clothes off.

Anyways thanks to everybody for their comments/concerns and help. The only thing for me to do now is to fight the battle.

Pz ~ Rob