300 Lbs Close-Grip Video (and Others)

I’ve decided its about time for me to post so videos to show what i am, or depending on how you feel, what i am not made of.

I had to take some time away from heavy lifting for awhile after herniating my bottom two discs and I am getting back closer to some of the weights I used to be able to do but I have never posted videos so its time that I put up or shut up.

500 lbs deadlift, hitching pretty badly though

I took a lot of time off of back squats and only did front squats. This is my first time back squatting back into back squats. Its slow and I had trouble keeping my back tight, I know you can’t see the weight from this angle which was a stupid mistake but it was 405 for what would be called 5 breathing squats.

This ones was awhile ago, but still after my injury. I have gotten back to 300 for a single like this since then.

that last one did not post correct

Nice work, keep up the hard work.

Couple of things-
Why are you doing your deadlifts touch n go? In strongman comps you aren’t allowed to, so why train that way?
Those are push jerks, not push presses

Couple of things-
Why are you doing your deadlifts touch n go? In strongman comps you aren’t allowed to, so why train that way?

[quote]adam_medic wrote:

Couple of things-
[/quote]

I only called them push presses because my university did not call them jerks unless we were splitting our feet. So we had strict presses with no leg drive, push press with leg drive and front/back jerks with a split so I have always called those push press and i can “jerk” more than i can press so i did not want to say jerk either. And with deadlift I was doing it that way because that day started with rack pulls and then single hand deadlifts and by the time we got to regular deadlift I my hands and low back were tired that i did touch and go to get the reps because i needed a little something extra and the touch and goes were just a little easier

[quote]adam_medic wrote:
Couple of things-
[/quote]

That is just simply not true, it varies from comp to comp. I’d say its about 50/50 if touch n go is allowed or not

[quote]Kalle wrote:

[quote]adam_medic wrote:
Couple of things-
[/quote]

That is just simply not true, it varies from comp to comp. I’d say its about 50/50 if touch n go is allowed or not[/quote]

I see, this must be the case in the USA. I am yet to see a competition in the UK allow touch n go repetitions