30 Year Old (Steroid) Virgin

Hey everyone,

I’m going to start using aas to supplement my mma training, and I’d like some advice from you guys. I’m not going to ask you for sources, or bother you to write me out a plan. I’ve done the homework, I just need someone to look it over for me, and maybe offer some helpful suggestions.

And, after “lurking” on this site for some time and learning a great deal from everyone here, I thought I should introduce myself and say thanks for all the information.

So, here’s my story. I’m an amateur mma fighter/judoka/kickboxer looking to improve my training recovery, recover from injuries faster, and get stronger. And I wouldn’t mind putting on another 10-15 lbs. of muscle since I’m a little under the middle of my weight division.

I’m 30 years old, 6’2", and 210 lbs. with somewhere between 5-10% bodyfat. Right now, I train judo/kickboxing/jujutsu 2-3 hours a day, and lift twice a week (I’ve been lifting for 15 years now) with ok numbers (clean+jerk 255, snatch 205, full squat 355, deadlift 465, chinup 100+bw, bench press 255). My diet is very good, with most of my protein coming from salmon and game.

But my body’s getting older (and more scar tissue) and I’m feeling it. The little injuries you train through seem to be taking longer and longer to heal these days, and I’d like some more strength to go with that. So… I’m going to get jacked.

I’m going to start with a lower dosage testosterone-only cycle for 10 weeks and see where that takes me: 250 mg. testosterone enanthate a week and 0.5 mg. of arimidex EOD. Finish with a 4 week taper-off: 100, 75, 50, 25 mg. of the test. and 0.25 mg. EOD of arimidex. Followed by a week or two of nolvadex at 10 mg. ED.

As you can see, I’m inclined towards the tapering-off philosophy, just because it makes more sense to me right now. Down the road, after I’ve done a few different cycles, I’ll see what else works for me regarding dosages and pct.

Tell me what you think, I’m here to learn.

My humble thanks in advance,

Jelly roll

250mg of testosterone will do nothing for you, except suppress your own natural production. This is what you would consider a huge waste of time.

If you are conserned about too much androgens, then add some primo, or somthing of that nature to your stack.

Other wise you better at the very least double your weekly dosage, or your gains will be nill.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your forthright opinions. Especially regarding the testosterone enanthate dosage, since that’s the basis of my cycle, and I want to get the most out of it. I was concerned that it would be too low as well, so I’m glad I asked you guys. I’ll try running 500 mg. a week for my first cycle, and then depending on the results, I’ll experiment with some “lower” dosages for the subsequent cycles.

I’ll let you know how it goes, but I’m going to push my start date a little later since I’m going to have to order some more test. and arimidex. I want to have it all on hand before I start.

Thanks again guys. If you have any more suggestions, I’m all (cauliflower) ears.

Jelly roll

Honestly Jelly,
Given your age, amount of training you do and the miniscule cycle you plan, I would scrap that.

You would be much better off with basically mixing up your own lifelong HRT program.

You could start with something like
100mg Test Enanthante Per week
250 IU hCG EOD
Liquid Adex

If you plan on fighting and training hard for the next 5 years, and continuing training after your MMA days, this is a solid idea.

Cycle wise, anything under 500mg/week of Test is pointless for a cycle.

[quote]Jelly Roll wrote:
Hey everyone,

I’m going to start using aas to supplement my mma training, and I’d like some advice from you guys. I’m not going to ask you for sources, or bother you to write me out a plan. I’ve done the homework, I just need someone to look it over for me, and maybe offer some helpful suggestions.

And, after “lurking” on this site for some time and learning a great deal from everyone here, I thought I should introduce myself and say thanks for all the information.

So, here’s my story. I’m an amateur mma fighter/judoka/kickboxer looking to improve my training recovery, recover from injuries faster, and get stronger. And I wouldn’t mind putting on another 10-15 lbs. of muscle since I’m a little under the middle of my weight division.

I’m 30 years old, 6’2", and 210 lbs. with somewhere between 5-10% bodyfat. Right now, I train judo/kickboxing/jujutsu 2-3 hours a day, and lift twice a week (I’ve been lifting for 15 years now) with ok numbers (clean+jerk 255, snatch 205, full squat 355, deadlift 465, chinup 100+bw, bench press 255). My diet is very good, with most of my protein coming from salmon and game.

But my body’s getting older (and more scar tissue) and I’m feeling it. The little injuries you train through seem to be taking longer and longer to heal these days, and I’d like some more strength to go with that. So… I’m going to get jacked.

I’m going to start with a lower dosage testosterone-only cycle for 10 weeks and see where that takes me: 250 mg. testosterone enanthate a week and 0.5 mg. of arimidex EOD. Finish with a 4 week taper-off: 100, 75, 50, 25 mg. of the test. and 0.25 mg. EOD of arimidex. Followed by a week or two of nolvadex at 10 mg. ED.

As you can see, I’m inclined towards the tapering-off philosophy, just because it makes more sense to me right now. Down the road, after I’ve done a few different cycles, I’ll see what else works for me regarding dosages and pct.

Tell me what you think, I’m here to learn.

My humble thanks in advance,

Jelly roll

[/quote]

Your dose must be in accordance with your stats, 250mg/week of test only more then likely is not enough for you.

At least do 500/mg/week

make sure that you have PCT available for when cycle is over

Always good to start off being more cautious see how body responds

good luck mon cheri

250 is probably enough to get you very high normal, possibly slightly out of the normal range. Depending on where your at now this may do alot for your, maybe not add ton’s of muscle but make you feel/recover like you were 10 years younger.

If your looking for something more then that follow the other peoples advice.

Well, the general consensus seems to be that anything under 500 mg. of test. wouldn’t be enough. Again, thanks everyone for the input. I’m really looking forward to seeing how this cycle will affect my training.

With regards to T-Nick’s suggestion on a HRT, I’ll have to do some more reading up on that. I’m just not educated enough on aas yet, maybe after I’ve got some more experience/knowledge with a few cycles under my belt…

Jelly