30 Toughest Seconds In Music

IMHO, the instrumental bridge in “Give it to me” by the J. Geils Band takes the trophy - cocky, strutting, unconventional, defiant, but not deviant or sociopathic like the garbage metal that sounds like the vocalist is puking on the microphone.

Anybody agree, or have a different suggestion?

[quote]WildCelt wrote:
IMHO, the instrumental bridge in “Give it to me” by the J. Geils Band takes the trophy - cocky, strutting, unconventional, defiant, but not deviant or sociopathic like the garbage metal that sounds like the vocalist is puking on the microphone.

Anybody agree, or have a different suggestion?[/quote]

I’ll stick to “My Sharona” by The Knack. The guitar solo is a little bit faster. :slight_smile:

1st verse in brookyln zoo odb

Im a fan of the metal garbage.

The breakdown in “Shevanel Cut a Flip” by Between the Buried and Me.

Pure insanity.

Even moreso if youre at the show in the pit when it happens.

I got kicked in the back to that song, btbam definately one of the craziest, heaviest, and most challenging to copy bands out there.

Yeah, BTBAM is my all time favorite.

I got ko’ed to that song two summers ago.

Where in NC are you from?

The first thirty seconds of Nile’s “Execration Text”. Craziness.

The drums in the breakdown. Talk about syncopation.

Add the fact that this song is talking crap about old mother… I mean L. Ron Hubbard and the whole Scientology scam and it gets even better.

Van Halen Eruption.

The Devil Wears prada (band, not movie) “Texas is South” during the sword breakdown

I havent heard these songs you guys are mentioning, but “dance with the devil” by immortal technique will make you shudder.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea…

[quote]I_am_here wrote:
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea…[/quote]

SPONGE BOB.

…why do I know this?

The opening of “Am I Evil” by Metallica is far tougher than the J. Geils band.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
The opening of “Am I Evil” by Metallica is far tougher than the J. Geils band.[/quote]

This is not just to FightinIrish, but to all that posted

First thanks for getting on board

Secondly,

I guess we have a different idea of what consititutes tough. Mine is shaped more by the 40’s - the 70’s, yours probably by the 80’s on.

Now, if we were discussing what was the most violent, anti-social, or even raging, I would have picked something else.

The urge to maim and cause mayhem is not toughness, it is a dangerous pathology.