30 Percent Body Fat...wth?

I’ve been lifting for about 5 months now and wanted to check my bf so I look online at the navy bf calculater, take a couple measurements and bam, it says I’m 30%. If I am I am but I was thinking I was a bit leaner than that. I was a fluffy 6’2 265 five years ago before starting to watch what I was eating and now I’m apparently a fluffy 6’2 at 190. Do I look 30%.

uhhhhhhhhhhhh…no

No way brahhh

Not even close.

S

Find the sailboat in that picture!

I was approached on the street by some PR guys trying to recruit members for a new gym that had just opened up. They had these hand-held bodyfat reader things and one of the PR chicks was like “care to try?” So I accepted…

27% fucking bodyfat the damn thing said I was! I was close to showing the chick my abs then punching her right in the face.

Soooo I’m hoping some of these comments mean I’m not looking like 30%. Im kinda wondering what to do now? First time I’ve ever seen what looks to be abs. It would be nice to leave them there for the summer but I still am In the trying to get bigger mode. Can I turn my bf I have now into muscle, say the same weight but look tore up for summer or am I to small to even think that?

265 five years ago and never going back unless its at 10% or something crazy like that!

you look 15% AT THE MOST, probably closer to 10-12ish imo

Why are you using the Navy’s method of fat estimation?? It estimates your body fat percentage based on your abdomen circumference minus your neck circumference at whatever height you are. You can “lose” 3% bf by gaining 2 inches around your neck.

You must be doing the assessment incorrectly. Even if you had a 15" pencil neck, you’d have to have a 43" waist. That doesn’t match what I’m seeing in your picture. Try again. Reference pages 47 & 55.

http://www.gwu.edu/~navyrotc/docs/6110_1h.pdf

[quote]tork94 wrote:
you look 15% AT THE MOST, probably closer to 10-12ish imo[/quote]

Definitely not that low, but well under 30% for sure.

[quote]yurdun4 wrote:
I’ve been lifting for about 5 months now and wanted to check my bf so I look online at the navy bf calculater, take a couple measurements and bam, it says I’m 30%. If I am I am but I was thinking I was a bit leaner than that. I was a fluffy 6’2 265 five years ago before starting to watch what I was eating and now I’m apparently a fluffy 6’2 at 190. Do I look 30%. [/quote]

Why are you not showing your legs in the pic… got something to hide? You bodyfat percentage is an average of your BODY fat not your upper body only. It is conceivable that your leg fat is raising your total number. But highly unlikely that it would hike it that much looking at how lean your upper body is. If your serious about wanting to know your BF% then go to a reputable gym and hook up with a trainer for a fitness assessment… it might cost your $100 but you’d be so much better of and have a pretty decent idea what your BF levels are. Doing it yourself doesn’t work, taking online tests don’t work, BMI r bullshit for weight lifters, and asking for people on websites to guess it from a pic definitely doesn’t work…

[quote]kiwiinmn wrote:

[quote]yurdun4 wrote:
I’ve been lifting for about 5 months now and wanted to check my bf so I look online at the navy bf calculater, take a couple measurements and bam, it says I’m 30%. If I am I am but I was thinking I was a bit leaner than that. I was a fluffy 6’2 265 five years ago before starting to watch what I was eating and now I’m apparently a fluffy 6’2 at 190. Do I look 30%. [/quote]

Why are you not showing your legs in the pic… got something to hide?[/quote]

Whats the point of that? I dont think anyone believes this guy is secretly holding back 33" jello thighs…

If you cant tell he’s under 30% from that picture, you yourself are probably pretty fat.

id your high 10’s low 11 %

go to gymgoals.com and calculate ur bodyfat percentage…take the covert bailey one into account

30% body fat? Op understands bodyfat percentage not even once.

brah you are like 14-17%

[quote]nattygainsbrah wrote:

brah you are like 14-17% [/quote]

Why am i not surprised that someone who makes obnoxious use of the word “brah” doesnt know what wrist to wear his watch on?

[quote]audiogarden1 wrote:

Why am i not surprised that someone who makes obnoxious use of the word “brah” doesnt know what wrist to wear his watch on?[/quote]

Why am i not surprised that someone who makes obnoxious use of the word “brah” doesnt know what wrist to wear his watch on?[/quote]

Wait what? A Watch goes on the right wrist now?

I’m confused…

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

Before replying you should post a pic. I don’t listen to anyone over 15% body fat.