30, Low Free T, Should I Start?

TSH should be nearer to 1.0 and your thyroid function will be low, see “oral body temperatures” below. Post your temperatures and history of using iodized salt.

Low thyroid function can wreck energy, libido and mood, even when TT, FT and E2 are optimal. And thyroid can also mean that TRT makes one feel worse because with low thyroid function your body cannot keep up with the increased/restored metabolic demands of TRT.

TRT will bring on the facial hair, thicken arm/leg hair and body hair may come on over a period of years.

Total cholesterol would be better near 180. I am concerned that you are harming yourself with an extreme low fat diet.

Labs should be LH and FSH. LH is released in pulses with a short half-life. FSH with its long half-life is often a better indicator of LH status than LH itself.

If FSH is quite high relative to LH, testicular cancer is suspected and it is a young man’s disease. So something to keep in mind. A few have had this indication here.

Start reading and working on these issues and search for a TRT doc in parallel. Avoid 200mg T per week, not right for your body type and age.

Self inject 50mg T twice a week subq over upper legs, not IM, #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringes

0.5mg anastrozole at time of T injections, further reading required…

250iu hCG subq EOD to protect testes and fertility.

Dull ache above testes might be prostatitis [increases PSA] or hernia. Ask doc to check this out and examine your testes. PSA=1.4 seems high for your age. Watch over time typically not looked at at your age. Any urine flow problems or ache after ejaculation? Ache can also be vascular problems that are often surgically corrected.

Do not do labs soon after ejaculation as this can shift PSA upwards.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

1 Like