T Nation

30 Days on FX Steroid Episode

Did anyone else catch this?

They had a former swimmer go on HRT with HGH and Testosterone, and in my opinion it completely put the use of these in a bad light. Actually, I believe it was an anti-aging therapy type thing, and the guy was put on more supplement products than anyone has any right to. The trainer he was with seemed knowledgeable enough, but I felt that they had little clarification as to the true reasons for what was occurring to the guy and emphasized the emotional response that resulted from that lack.

The guy’s wife freaked out when he had an extremely low sperm count, but is this not a side effect of using exogenous testosterone?

i just watched this… i hate the guy that hosts that. He is so full of shit…

The show itself was weak, the wife was an unsupportive jealous bitch and wasnt helping things. He wasnt doing anything right before… so he could have just trained and ate right and achieved the same result.

The people writing the episodes don’t know jack shit and the audience knows less, so of course they will just hammer out some crap.

Why bother putting any time and effort into it? That costs money. Besides, I’m sure it makes all the fat and lazy assholes watching it feel better about themselves.

Oh, present company excepted… I hope.

[quote]vroom wrote:
The people writing the episodes don’t know jack shit and the audience knows less, so of course they will just hammer out some crap.

Why bother putting any time and effort into it? That costs money. Besides, I’m sure it makes all the fat and lazy assholes watching it feel better about themselves.

Oh, present company excepted… I hope.[/quote]

The only thing that really bothers me is that the general public actually relies on shows like that, including political “entertainment” debate shows, as a source of knowledge. I guarantee there are fat housewives all over the nation who think they are more informed because of that one show. When that stupidity bleeds over into policies and laws created, the country as a whole is no better off.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
vroom wrote:
The people writing the episodes don’t know jack shit and the audience knows less, so of course they will just hammer out some crap.

Why bother putting any time and effort into it? That costs money. Besides, I’m sure it makes all the fat and lazy assholes watching it feel better about themselves.

Oh, present company excepted… I hope.

The only thing that really bothers me is that the general public actually relies on shows like that, including political “entertainment” debate shows, as a source of knowledge. I guarantee there are fat housewives all over the nation who think they are more informed because of that one show. When that stupidity bleeds over into policies and laws created, the country as a whole is no better off.[/quote]

Exactly.

I saw it and that guy’s wife was a total jealous bitch. She definitely wore the pants in that family. So damn worried about his sperm. They already had what 4 kids? Do you really need more?

I hate that host when he did the 30 days on minimum wage show. The guy went to the emergency room with no insurance and logged a $700 bill because his wrist hurt. Just wrap it up and wait for it to heal you big baby.

Of course we had to feel sorry for the 22 year old father of four who supports his family on minimum wage. If you’re only capable of making $5.15 an hour then do you have no business making four kids?

$5.15 is what most people in this world make in a month.

[quote]johnny_law wrote:
Of course we had to feel sorry for the 22 year old father of four who supports his family on minimum wage. If you’re only capable of making $5.15 an hour then do you have no business making four kids?

$5.15 is what most people in this world make in a month. [/quote]

Now as a libertarian I’m not one for government control and minimum wage laws etc. I have to disagree with the above though, not on some moral basis, but that they are misnomers.

Paragraph 1: Ostensibly yes, however you can’t really tell what the circumstances of the guy is. I haven’t seen the show so don’t know if his case was fully fleshed out or not, however a guy can be hit hard in life. Maybe your wife dies, maybe your wife is a bitch. Maybe you get injured, maybe you aren’t the brightest post. Maybe you shouldn’t have had four kids. I’ll still help you out if I can. I think society should help out the needy, however I don’t believe state sanctioned theft is the answer, nor is forced charity.

Paragraph 2: The economy of the Philippines is not the same as the economy of Australia or USA. ‘$5.15’ in USA doesn’t mean the same thing in other countries. For example, you guys think $10 US is cheap for a book. I think its fairly standard to high for a book. People in the Philippines could buy 10 of those books for what would be the equivalent of $10US. THAT’S why they only earn 5.15 a month.

Are you guys talking about that 30 days show with morgan Spurlock the ‘super size me’ guy? They showed the first couple of episodes in Aus then it disappeared. I only watched one, some yank christian who didn’t like muslims lived as a muslim. Now he realises they are people too! YAYAYAY!!! Lame.

[quote]jacross wrote:
johnny_law wrote:
Of course we had to feel sorry for the 22 year old father of four who supports his family on minimum wage. If you’re only capable of making $5.15 an hour then do you have no business making four kids?

$5.15 is what most people in this world make in a month.

Now as a libertarian I’m not one for government control and minimum wage laws etc. I have to disagree with the above though, not on some moral basis, but that they are misnomers.

Paragraph 1: Ostensibly yes, however you can’t really tell what the circumstances of the guy is. I haven’t seen the show so don’t know if his case was fully fleshed out or not, however a guy can be hit hard in life. Maybe your wife dies, maybe your wife is a bitch. Maybe you get injured, maybe you aren’t the brightest post. Maybe you shouldn’t have had four kids. I’ll still help you out if I can. I think society should help out the needy, however I don’t believe state sanctioned theft is the answer, nor is forced charity.

Paragraph 2: The economy of the Philippines is not the same as the economy of Australia or USA. ‘$5.15’ in USA doesn’t mean the same thing in other countries. For example, you guys think $10 US is cheap for a book. I think its fairly standard to high for a book. People in the Philippines could buy 10 of those books for what would be the equivalent of $10US. THAT’S why they only earn 5.15 a month.

Are you guys talking about that 30 days show with morgan Spurlock the ‘super size me’ guy? They showed the first couple of episodes in Aus then it disappeared. I only watched one, some yank christian who didn’t like muslims lived as a muslim. Now he realises they are people too! YAYAYAY!!! Lame.[/quote]

I agree completely. Not only is the cost of living different in other countries, but it is different in other cities in THIS country. Someone making 30K a year could live “OK” in Texas. I doubt they would get by too well in New York. I used to live in a one bedroom studio apartment with upstairs and downstairs for 420 bucks a month in Houston, 10min from the medical center. I think that buys you a closet in some cities.

Considering all of the people I now know who have been divorced at least once by the age of 35, having four kids as a single parent isn’t really saying much. I know guys right now working lesser paying jobs as their wives go to college. What if they get a divorce later? Do they get grouped in with those who “can’t make more than min. wage”?

I hate the show. I think it needs to be pulled. But one thing that bothers me even more happens to be people who can’t comprehend the life situations of others at all. Now, if the guy is a high school drop out and has 4 illegit kids from 4 different mothers, that is a completely different story.

[quote]jacross wrote:
johnny_law wrote:
Of course we had to feel sorry for the 22 year old father of four who supports his family on minimum wage. If you’re only capable of making $5.15 an hour then do you have no business making four kids?

$5.15 is what most people in this world make in a month.

Now as a libertarian I’m not one for government control and minimum wage laws etc. I have to disagree with the above though, not on some moral basis, but that they are misnomers.

Paragraph 1: Ostensibly yes, however you can’t really tell what the circumstances of the guy is. I haven’t seen the show so don’t know if his case was fully fleshed out or not, however a guy can be hit hard in life. Maybe your wife dies, maybe your wife is a bitch. Maybe you get injured, maybe you aren’t the brightest post. Maybe you shouldn’t have had four kids. I’ll still help you out if I can. I think society should help out the needy, however I don’t believe state sanctioned theft is the answer, nor is forced charity.

Paragraph 2: The economy of the Philippines is not the same as the economy of Australia or USA. ‘$5.15’ in USA doesn’t mean the same thing in other countries. For example, you guys think $10 US is cheap for a book. I think its fairly standard to high for a book. People in the Philippines could buy 10 of those books for what would be the equivalent of $10US. THAT’S why they only earn 5.15 a month.

Are you guys talking about that 30 days show with morgan Spurlock the ‘super size me’ guy? They showed the first couple of episodes in Aus then it disappeared. I only watched one, some yank christian who didn’t like muslims lived as a muslim. Now he realises they are people too! YAYAYAY!!! Lame.[/quote]

I disagree. The guy is only 22 so he clearly didn’t have a six figure IBM job that got crushed due to econmic cut backs. Go to school or learn a trade before you start popping out kids.

The area of living plays a big part because I check the classifieds all the time and I haven’t seen a 5.15 an hour job in years. The state of Florida raised the minimum wage on it’s own. I think it’s $6.75 now.

Now if you live in Miami,FL…forget about it. If you live in Panama City, FL…you’re still ok. You can still get a one bedroom apt for $350 a month there.

[quote]johnny_law wrote:
If you live in Panama City, FL…you’re still ok. You can still get a one bedroom apt for $350 a month there.
[/quote]

Oh goody. I can still achieve my burger flipping dreams some day…