I originally wanted to do 10 bodyweight, 10 weighted for just the pull/push/squat and 10 Rx, however after a couple with the weight vest I realised that I was more than likely going to burn out or get hurt.
Anway I do and also don’t recommend it.
I DO because you’ll find out all sorts of things about yourself.
- I have excellent discipline, basically most nights I didn’t feel like doing it, and it was cold at wet but those were the nights I crushed it.
- I have good recovery, I got sore but never injured and my performance improved until about workout 20 then held constant
- I don’t have “a dark place” that many lifters talk about, in fact quite the opposite. I often found myself just feeling so grateful for the ability to do these workouts, and with that came a massive feeling of happiness. I also have a very loud, very confident inner voice.
- I’m a much better athlete than I give myself credit for
- My legs grew for the first time in ages
I DON’T because
- you can easily overdo it
- I was sore all the time
- it is very repedative
- shin splints…enough said
- you end up having to plan around it, which eats into your life a bit
Some of the cool stuff that happened
(I was also in the final few weeks of the police academy and doing the regular PT there)
I PRed my mile time at 6.15 around mid way in
I PRed my beep test at 12.4 at the academy
I PRed my 2.4km time at 9.26 at the academy
I stayed at 82kg but recomped my body a lot
I think everyone should, at some point, do something that really pushes them for 30 days straight.