3-Year Transformation FTM Powerlifter 28 5'5

Was competititve athlete my whole life. Got out of shape age 18-22. Then got serious into lifting 3 years ago to masculinize my physique.

Started lifting 5x week at a soft 135 pounds. Put on about 20 pounds in the first year. Started HRT in December 2010 to transition female-to-male. Paid more attention to diet in year 2 and 3.

I’ve competed as 74 kilo male in 3 powerlifting contests in the past year. I’m currently 5 weeks out from my 4th.

Squat - 308
Bench - 235
DL - 407
(bodyweight 154 pounds)

In terms of my HRT I take only the dose prescribed by my endo that keeps my levels in the middle normal range for males in my age group. And creatine!

3 years ago - the month before I started HRT. I’d be lifting regularly for a year at this point. I was consistent, but didn’t really know what I was doing.

August 2013

the wheelz of course

Flyer I did this summer

This is interesting

[quote]xenomorph8472 wrote:
Wow…good job. You were a woman?[/quote]
that’s what he said
hormones and training are an amazing thing
can’t hide the hips though

[quote]chrisq wrote:

that’s what he said
can’t hide the hips though[/quote]

oh believe me - if there were a procedure to narrow my hip bones I’d be the first one signed up

thanks guys

[quote]SkinninMacKinnon wrote:

[quote]chrisq wrote:

that’s what he said
can’t hide the hips though[/quote]

oh believe me - if there were a procedure to narrow my hip bones I’d be the first one signed up

thanks guys[/quote]

hips are fine
don’t worry about it

Whoa.

How about a “before”, before pic.

Look pretty ripped.

[quote]AliveAgain36 wrote:
Whoa.

How about a “before”, before pic.

Look pretty ripped.[/quote]

I don’t have any photos online from my teens. I can tell you I was part of the popular crowd, considered “hot”, and had a boyfriend. I was a jock but looked “feminine”.

It wasn’t until after high school I started coming into more masculine dress and demeaner, that was kind of how I realized that was what felt best/made me happiest.

This photo is me in about 2005/2006? I would have been about 20 or 21. I was a decent skateboarder, but snowboarding was my sport. I competed nationally until I was 19. Amateurly sponsored by Burton snowboards.

edited to LOL at my skinny arms!! hah

Wow awesome job, there are plenty who started off as men who haven’t made it to where you are: athlete and model with a good physique.

I don’t see the feminine hips or anything else outside of facial features, but thats subjective.

If you don’t mind the personal question; I’ve only known one transgender person in the past and I was curious if it had any effect on sexual orientation? Feel free not to answer.

The person I knew had been a homosexual female who upon transitioning to male became a homosexual male.

I am sorry for being immature or inappropriate, but I really have to ask. Is there a surgery to attach a penis somehow? If so, can it ejaculate??

EDIT: Great job on your transformation too. You look like you never were a woman.

[quote]c.m.l. wrote:
Wow awesome job, there are plenty who started off as men who haven’t made it to where you are: athlete and model with a good physique.

I don’t see the feminine hips or anything else outside of facial features, but thats subjective.

If you don’t mind the personal question; I’ve only known one transgender person in the past and I was curious if it had any effect on sexual orientation? Feel free not to answer.

The person I knew had been a homosexual female who upon transitioning to male became a homosexual male.[/quote]

Your friend’s experience is very common. There’s really not much research that looks at the affects of HRT on sexuality. My story is fairly similar. I would say bi is the best descriptor for myself. But I lived mostly as a butch les for 4 years before I transitioned. For the past couple years I was more into men. I think most (but not all) FTM guys are pretty flexible.

I currently have a hot MTF girlfriend who is 8 inches taller than me and looks like a supermodel. I am teaching her to squat! She wants a bigger butt :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I know a couple FTM guys who compete in bodybuilding or powerlifting around the world. They aren’t really out though.

[quote]niksamaras wrote:
I am sorry for being immature or inappropriate, but I really have to ask. Is there a surgery to attach a penis somehow? If so, can it ejaculate??

EDIT: Great job on your transformation too. You look like you never were a woman.[/quote]

yes there are surgeries. you can go ahead and google that stuff, lots of information and photos. ridiculously expensive, 30-50k, or if you live in a province with health coverage then you can go on a 2-3 year waiting list and have it covered. even still the majority of guys don’t go down that surgical route. chest surgery is 7-15k

[quote]c.m.l. wrote:

The person I knew had been a homosexual female who upon transitioning to male became a homosexual male.[/quote]

Your friend’s experience is very common. There’s really not much research that looks at the affects of HRT on sexuality. My story is fairly similar. I would say bi is the best descriptor for myself. But I lived mostly as a butch les for 4 years before I transitioned. For the past couple years I was more into men. I think most (but not all) FTM guys are pretty flexible.

I currently have a hot MTF girlfriend who is 8 inches taller than me and looks like a supermodel. I am teaching her to squat! She wants a bigger butt :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I know a couple FTM guys who compete in bodybuilding or powerlifting around the world. They aren’t really out though.[/quote]

Cool, I had wondered if ones sexuality is defined as an attraction to either whats the same or opposite of oneself, and perhaps that definition remains valid even upon changing yourself.

BTW unless there is some regulation where you compete or some health or personal concern I’m unaware of, there is nothing stopping your from just upping your test dose periodically, and running a blast/cruise type scenario like most men on TRT do. As a male steroid user, I gotta say I’d probably do that if I were in your shoes, but again I’m unsure if there are any deleterious effects of high testosterone doses (or other compounds) on a (formerly) female body.

Anyways thanks for the insight and keep up the good work.

You went from being a cute girl to a good looking, strong guy. Good work!

nice work dude, lifts are looking good, keep up the hard work in the gym!

[quote]c.m.l. wrote:

[quote]c.m.l. wrote:

BTW unless there is some regulation where you compete or some health or personal concern I’m unaware of, there is nothing stopping your from just upping your test dose periodically, and running a blast/cruise type scenario like most men on TRT do. As a male steroid user, I gotta say I’d probably do that if I were in your shoes, but again I’m unsure if there are any deleterious effects of high testosterone doses (or other compounds) on a (formerly) female body.

Anyways thanks for the insight and keep up the good work.
[/quote]

Cheers m8.

I don’t know much about steroid cycles. Had a few buddies who ran cycles who would tell me stuff. Not for me, for the foreseeable future anyway.

The powerlifting federation I compete in is tested - so ethically I wouldn’t feel right dosing a higher amount than prescribed if I’m competing against others who are just relying on their natural hormones. Even though I have come in last place in my weight class each time I compete, over the past year the gap between me and the second last guy is narrowing. And I want to know it’s because of the work I put in, and not because I’m taking a higher dose of T. My dose is depo- test .75 of a CC 100 mg/ml once per week. Doses typically range .5-1 CC per week.

I’d also be worried about the conversion to estrogen. I’d like to grow some damn facial hair in the next few years so I can stop getting carded so much!

[quote]The_Jed wrote:
You went from being a cute girl to a good looking, strong guy. Good work!
[/quote]

appreciate the support. thanks man