3 Words: Turbo Kick Boxing

2008, the year of leaning down and getting flexible. no no no, I haven’t lost my testicles instead I’m gonna start using my brain a little more. No more of being sore after every rec football game, b-ball game or softball game. hell no. Also, I wanna see my abs again, it’s been years.

the plan is 4 parts:

1. for the last 3 weeks i’ve been doin a little turbo kick box! that’s right, it’s freakin tae-bo. lambast me all you want, but this plan is legit! why spend an hour jogging (yogging, if you say it with a soft ‘j’) on the treadmill when you can be moving in every plane of motion and doing some dynamic stretching? On top of that you get to oogle at a lot of fit girls jammin out to some goofy techno/hip hop mix!

2. more stretching and mobility work. after turning myself into a walking pile of sweat at the TKB class (or after hittin the weights), it just makes sense to stretch out. seriously, this ups my stretching time from 15 minutes every day at work to at least 45 minutes on gym days.

3. weights. duh. I like the high frequency stuff, I respond well to it, at plateau time, do something drastically different, bust through it, move on. simple, right?

4. whatchu eatin? cut back on the portion size for the leaning down, not mary kate olson style, but less.

results? 7 pounds lost so far in 2.5 weeks. neat. better yet, I’m feeling better and more limber. i’m recovering better and it’s allowing me to hit the weights with more ferocity, it’s pretty sweet.

I intend to occasionally update this thread and inform y’all of the progress.

Rock On.

Are you taking a class at your gym or are you watching some video?

If you are going turbo ona martial art/contact sport, try doing stick fighting, or Filipino Eskrima (or Arnis or Kali) and focus on the empty-hand techniques vs an armed opponent or the boxing, which is claled Panantukan…also try Kajukembo, or American Kenpo-Karate (Ed Parker’s style) as also try Wing Chung kung-fu on a Sanda basis, and you’ll see turbo kickboxing…that’s exactly what they use on the Jackie Chan movie, “Gorgeous”, go to youtube and check the “Gorgeous: Jackie Chan Vs Bradley Allan James” video

[quote]Garage Gym wrote:
Are you taking a class at your gym or are you watching some video?[/quote]

it’s a “class” at the gym. Actually, it’s more like 50 chicks and and 4 dudes (including me) dancing around with our fists closed. It’s as serious as you wanna take and make it.

[quote]Vandal__Savage wrote:
If you are going turbo ona martial art/contact sport, try doing stick fighting, or Filipino Eskrima (or Arnis or Kali) and focus on the empty-hand techniques vs an armed opponent or the boxing, which is claled Panantukan…also try Kajukembo, or American Kenpo-Karate (Ed Parker’s style) as also try Wing Chung kung-fu on a Sanda basis, and you’ll see turbo kickboxing…that’s exactly what they use on the Jackie Chan movie, “Gorgeous”, go to youtube and check the “Gorgeous: Jackie Chan Vs Bradley Allan James” video[/quote]

nah dude, it’s literally a group of people doing tae-bo, although i have seen a few people get accidentally kicked or smacked, which does provide some good entertainment value.