T Nation

3 Weeks Without Lifting

Hi everyone!

I've been lifting for a year right now, going from 125 lbs to 155 lbs (I'm 5'6). My bench has gone up from 95x1 to 195x1, and my best DL is 245x3. I don't squat because my college gym doesn't have a power rack, only a smith machine and it sucks for squats.

I need some advice because today I had a Lasik surgery to correct my vision, and the doc told me that I can't lift heavy stuff for 3 weeks. I know that isn't a very long time, but I hope that you guys give me some tips to avoid muscle loss during this period.

I was thinking in keep my protein high, but is this enough ? Maybe raise my protein intake a little ? Right now I Consume around 200 grs of protein per day, most of it come from whole eggs and chicken, plus 2 protein shakes around workout.

I hope that you guys could help me. Thanks In advance!

PS: Sorry for my English, I'm from Chile, in SouthAmerica!.

Raising protein would be a good idea, also do "pump" workouts with light dumbbells/barbell to keep a good blood flow going.

3 weeks is nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I had Lasik surgery several years ago, you can still do light workouts. Mainly you just don't need to do anything that would cause you to strain really hard and raise pressure on your eyeball. Light workouts will be fine though.