3 Weeks Out from Physique Show, Diet Advice?

Thanks guys. Yeah I cannot believe my luck, but I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. I have no regrets because in the end I did decide to do the show, so from my end I did give it my all. @TrainForPain @strongmangoals

Even though I’m not natural, I worked my ass off for those 8 weeks and I only actually took fat burners during the last 3 weeks, when I panicked that I would not be ready in time. I can safely say, judging by other competitors (also not natural), I worked much harder to get lean as I was not using any thermogenics for my entire cut from 12 weeks out to 3 weeks out. Had I used them from the beginning, just like other competitors, I would not have had to work as hard as I did. You live and learn, but I will always prefer to work harder and diet harder rather than throwing more drugs in to compensate.

SB

Hell of a job on that cut man, you look fantastic. Better luck next time around!

That’s crazy brother. You look fantastic after only 8 weeks. Sorry to hear about your reaction. I would have been scared shitless! Glad you are on the mend.

Thanks my brother! I gotta thank you and the others for the encouragement you offered during my prep, its crazy but the motivation I got from a few unknown guys on the internet half way across the world was insane. More so than those around me. So thanks again! @studhammer @The_Mighty_Stu @mattjp @mr.v3lv3t @tintin35 @Lonnie123 @flipcollar

I will be coming in bigger this time by focusing on LBM gains and trying not to get too out of shape before my next cut. I’m sure those who have competed however know of the post-show binge and how difficult it is to get back onto a diet. I’m 1.5 weeks past the end of my diet and junk food is still very much prevalent in my diet. It’s lessening, but still not gone so I am battling those cravings at the moment. It’s harder to stop eating crap than it is to keep eating bland foods for 12 weeks.

SB

2 Likes

I’m curious about what you said about the fat burners, as I’ve never used them myself (I’ve also never competed in bodybuilding). How effective do you think they were in those last 3 weeks? Would you call them a real difference maker? Or was that not long enough to see significant results?

I can bet that keeping my diet and cardio where it was, had I started with the fat burners (T3 and Clen) from week 12, I would probably have been stage ready 4 weeks out. Now I know how these guys on social media start a cut and get lean so easily where as I put in so much more work. Combining my work ethic with supplementation would put me way beyond most these guys, sorry if that comes across as egotist but I know how hard some competitors around me worked compared to myself, I just didn’t know they took these fat burners, pretty naive to be honest. @flipcollar

SB

3 Likes

That’s wild dude. Honestly, as others have mentioned, the cut you made in 8 weeks is astounding regardless of supplementation. The fact that you believe you could have done it in just 4 weeks is crazy! And I’m not disagreeing with you, I trust your instincts on that. Makes me want to do a show lol.

1 Like

Do it brother. It’s really a great experience and it tells you a lot about yourself, your dedication, discipline and motivation.

Agreed, I do look back now and see a huge change in those 8 weeks, and remember only 3 weeks out of those 8 was supplemented. Had I used the supplements earlier, I would not have needed to drop calories as low as I did (~1300/day) meaning I would have come in bigger and had way more energy and not felt like death every single day. @flipcollar

And not to blow my own horn again, but remember this was all done while on a plant based diet, without meat, fish, eggs, dairy, whey.

SB

1 Like

Cause and effect brother :joy:

P.S. just busting your balls a little there, brother! LOL

1 Like

Haha its all good brother! I get my balls bust by family everyday, I’m used to it. @studhammer

Felt like death because of low carbs though, i can safely say low carbs is no go for me. I just cant survive without my carbs!

SB

Damn dude you really brought the heat those last few weeks. Stage or not you ended up in BBer shape, good work.

2 Likes

Tryna get like you bro

1 Like

Hey @Singhbuilder, what was your weight change during those 8 weeks? Any measurements to go along with the pics?

1 Like

Heck of a cut @Singhbuilder, you look great. Sorry to hear about your food allergy making you miss the comp.

1 Like

Thank you! @littlesleeper @Lonnie123
Haha I think I was still a few percent off from BB stage condition but at least now I know what foods work for my body… and that Seitan does not!

Humbled man many thanks, don’t feel as though I have a physique to be aspiring to, guess you never feel good enough. @SOUL_FIGHTER

My brother the weight change was around -7kg, so around 16lbs between the 2 pics. I didnt take any measurements but I know my waist went down from around 32 to 28ish @studhammer

SB

1 Like

That must have been almost pure fat loss to be that lean only lose 16 lbs.

1 Like

Agreed, I think it was recomp as I felt bigger. But to be honest on the amount of calories I was on, no amount of supplementation can build muscle in such a deficit. @studhammer

SB

I think, in your case, its safe to assume you preserved most of your muscle mass. Cant ask for more than that.

1 Like

For sure @studhammer

And can I just say my average protein intake was around 150g a day at 185lbs. Blasphemy.

SB

1 Like