3 Weeks Into Cycle, Injection Location Advice?

Im 3 weeks into my first T only cycle. I have successfully administered 5 injections.

The 6th today, ultimately got done, but not without some drama.

So I injected into the upper outer quadrant on my glute and promptly hit a nerve. Which felt awful, so much so It was a real struggle to resite needle and have another go.

I was fairly confident I was injecting into the correct place and was no where near my sciatic nerve

Are there other lesser nerves that I could have bumped into. Or have I come very close to damaging my
sciatic nerve

Your opinions please!

delt with insulin needle. Painless and quick

2 Likes

There isn’t nerves that run in the upper outer quadrant unless your using a 3inch needle and going at a massive angle.

Often times what I see happening is guys think they are in the upper outer quadrant but in reality they are still way to far down.

I guess I’ll watch a few more videos for next time. Has anyone else tried their Delt. Not seen it mentioned befire

Does look like a safe bet for avoiding nerves

I use delts for small injections. If I’m injecting 1ml or less of oil I pin my delts with an insulin syringe as @weightliftingwithoutlimits mentioned above. Just back fill the insulin needle with a drawing needle and pin. I prefer my lateral delt as opposed to my anterior or posterior.

If your pinning more then a ML of oil I would reccomend using a larger muscle then the delt. I have fairly large shoulders and have found even for me if I pin more then a ML in my delt it can cause some pip issues altho it’s nothing horrible. But then you also have to either use a larger needle and a 3ml syringe or stick yourself multiple times with a insulin syringe.

Zeek, just a quick question: best ways of getting the last ml of test out of a vile?. I tried with an insulin syringe but it won’t suck it up. Even if I try to angle the vile

Try warming the vial in a water bath (don’t completely submerge the entire vial) for 10 minutes and then attempt to draw. Warming thins the oil and makes drawing into a narrow gauge needle easier.

I never use insulin syringes on vials I find it takes way to long to draw up and small gauge needles will dull quickly so even going thru the rubber stopper makes the injection more painful IMO.

I use a drawing needle I stick just the tip in on the side of the stopper then angle the vial to get the oil on the side where the tip is while angling the needle and pull on plunger as I remove the needle from stopper. If done right I’m left with almost no oil in vial.

What size insulin needle would you recommend, would like to try this option

I make a few snips in the metal cap with a small pair of wire cutters to remove it, pull the rubber stopper out, pull the plunger out of the syringe, then pour the oil in the syringe.

2 Likes

Just use an 18g drawing pin for every injection. Pretty easy to get a vial empty, leaving no more oil than you would lose in the pin barrel every time you inject.

1 Like

As far as what you feel during the botched injection, provided that you were upper outer quadrant then you just might have been right in the spot you previously injected in and you just happen to be sensitive combined with virgin or fresh muscle leading to extended tenderness/soarness.

Everyone is recommending the insulin needles for Delta and shoulders, I also suggest you explore this. Even if you have to break down your shots into two shots so they are 1 ml or less it’s better than going into tender muscle. I have also used my quads this is a bit more tricky, you definitely need to watch and look at as many diagrams as possible. If you decide on doing this then when it comes time to inject you can get the needle and just lightly poke it around the quad until you are in this little spot with little to no sensitivity. I assume everyone has some version of this spot because I definitely have it. Also I would only use 1 inch needles for this or just use 1 inch of the 1.5 inch long needle. Now even going into the desensitized spot you can still get close to surface nerves once in the skin. Your leg will probably twitch, just pull out and move over a tiny bit and go in again at a slightly different angle and you shouldn’t have issues. I always do quad sitting down so the muscle is relaxed.

So now with the glutes, quad, shoulders and delts you have eight spots to rotate around. You could also even try traps but this in my opinion is another level of skill requirement but it is do able.

Now if all that doesn’t work, explore subcutaneous injections.

The very easiest sites are (imo) ventro glutes and quads.

Rotate them something like right ventro, right quad, left quad, left ventro etc.

Ventroglutes arent used all that much I believe but they couldnt be easier. Stand up and located pretty much in line with the top of your pubic mound they are on the sides of leg. If you put your hand on the area, keep your legs about shoulder-width apart and rock side to side you should quite easily be able to feel the muscle contracting and moving, so you can find your target.

The more you inject into the same sites the more scar tissue will build up and the harder it will be to inject in the future. Also tends to build up more blood vessels in the area, which are not fun to accidentally inject into.

If you have someone to assist you, delts are another great choice, but can be quite difficult by yourself. Especially if you are using a thin needle which is much harder to push the oil through. Glutes as well are much easier if you have someone to do it for you.

Inject with a 23 gauge or at max 25 gauge. Draw with a 20.

I find the 23 is a sweet spot between pain and ease of injection, even the 25G can be tough to push cold oil through. Don’t use an insulin needle, whoever mentioned that is pure stupid.

I agree with everything you said until this part.

Insulin needles for delts and quads if lean enough and injecting less then 1ml in my opinion are absolutely the best.

Suprisngly it’s not anymore difficult to push oil thru a insulin needle then it is a 25g. Actually it’s about just the same resistance on the plunger. Especially 27g insulin needles

1 Like

Look, honestly I’ve never actually tried it, so I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt I guess.

The harder it is to push the oil through the needle though, the longer it takes, the needle moves around causing more damage and risking nicking a blood vessel. The 23G is basically painless, but each to their own.

Thanks all for your replys

I tried it again in my glute and it was fine. I had previously put all injections in the one cheek because of flexibility issues and from what was said above that could have been an contributing factor.

I use insulin needles for delts because it’s a trt dose, so .3ml twice a week. It’s a small amount of oil and doesn’t take terribly long to push it smoothly. But with larger volumes I like 25g and VG.