3 Week Cycle Log

And here’s 500.

29 January 2014
Wednesday
HRV - No measure

Cardio - Elliptical Level 12- 5:00/C2 Rower 500m - 4 rounds (approx. 30:00)
Front Squats - 135 X 8, 185 X 5, 240 X 5, 5, 5, 5, 5;

Today is normally an off/cardio day, so that is what I did. Since I am still doing the daily front squat thing, I hit those too. However, I did about 30:00 of cardio back and forth between the elliptical (easy to medium pace) and the C2 rower (500m fairly quick, under 2:00) before doing the front squats. Not a good idea. Cardio didn’t seem REAL hard when I did it, but it definitely snuck up on me. And I got horrendous back pumps in spite of 5g Taurine before hitting the gym. Which is always fun.

Note: Didn’t realize until after posting the squat videos that there is a DING sound right when I start to go back up. My wife video’d it for me on her phone, and apparently received a text while doing so. Awesome timing though, I couldn’t have planned that one better.

30 January 2014
Thursday
HRV- No measure
Weight - 221 naked, after pre-workout shake and cup of coffee (so probably 220 right out of bed)

1A. Band Pull Apart - 20, 20; Motorcycle Row - 160 x 8, 170 x 8, 180 x 8, 190 x 8;
1B. Bench - 135 x 10, 165 x 5, 200 x 3 / 250 x 5, 285 x 3, 320 x 2 / 335 x 1, 350 x 1*PR / 250 x 8-4-2;
2A. 1 Arm Cable Row - 100 x 10, 110 x 10, 10, 10;
2B. Incline DB Bench - 60 x 10, 10, 10, 10;

Might as well call this PR week. Set yet ANOTHER PR today, 350 x 1 on bench. Well above previous PRs, and it just seems to keep going up. It was a bit of a grinder, but I got it without lifting my butt off the bench. Felt pretty psyched after that one, I was nervous going in honestly. After 320 x 2 (which is a rep record at that weight, I’ve never gotten more than a single over 300) and then 335 going up pretty well, I had to try it.

Went ahead and dropped the front squats. Was getting kind of burned out on them, and the last few days have added a good 10-15 minutes to my gym time each day. After dropping those, I was able to burn through today’s workout in under an hour. Inclines felt good as well, so next week I’ll probably jump back up to 65’s.

Four PRs in one week. Not friggin bad.

31 January 2014
Friday
HRV - No measure

Snatch Grip Hang Pull - 170 x 3, 3, 3, 3, 3;
Deadlift - 175 x 5, 225 x 5, 265 x 3 / 330 x 5, 375 x 3, 420 x 3 / 440 x 1, 465 x 1, 485 x 1PR;
1A. Close Grip Bench - 135 x 10, 185 x 8, 8, 215 x 4, 4, 235 x 3, 245 x 2;
1B. Screw Curl - 40 x 8, 45 x 8, 8, 55 x 4, 4, 65 x 2, 2;
1 Arm Pressdown - 60 x 8, 8;

Okay, so make that 5 PR’s this week. I typically only do two joker sets, but after hitting 500 a couple days ago squatting, I decided to go a little higher this time. 485 x 1 is definitely my all-time PR, and I was pretty psyched after that one. Back was pumping up like crazy in spite of the taurine, thinking 60mg ED of tbol is a bit too much for comfort. Probably won’t combine that with the injectables again, don’t think I really saw any benefit over the three weeks. Didn’t see any increased aggression, and definitely didn’t see any benefit to 60mg over 40mg. Think I’ll save what tbol I have and do a slightly longer tbol-only cycle in the future.

After hitting 485, my back was done. I skipped the First Set Last drop set, and did some arm work. Haven’t done a lot of close grip pressing in the recent past, so I could probably have gone a bit heavier. I usually do weighted dips when I do arms, but I’ve been avoiding that since the bicep tendon has been bothering me. Finished up with some 1 arm pressdowns and kicked rocks.

So, to sum up the third week of this particular shorty:

PR weighted pullup - 120 x 1 (+ bodyweight, obviously)
PR military press - 160 x 1 (might have gotten a little higher several years ago, but would have to go through old logs to find out)
PR Squat - 500 x 1
PR Bench - 350 x 1
PR Deadlift - 485 x 1

I’m sure the gear has contributed somewhat, but in this short a time period it’s hard to say. I personally put most of the credit on 531. The test will be this next three week 531 cycle while going through PCT. All my weights will go up, since the training max is increased by 5lb for upper body and 10lb for lower after each 3 week micro-cycle. If things go smoothly, then in 3 weeks I will go for new PRs again with the increased TMs in each move.

Today was the last injection for this one, I will continue the winny and tbol through the weekend (probably drop the tbol to 40mg per day), as well as the adex. After doing some reading, I am considering lowering my adex dosage to 0.25mg per day for the next 3 days, before starting the nolva PCT. Since adex is a type II inhibitor, I think I got some estrogen backlash last time (little bacne and face acne). My thinking is if I taper down to 0.25mg ED for the next three days, it might help prevent that. Thoughts? I will be ordering more AI soon, probably go with aromasin instead so I don’t have to worry about it in the future.

01 February 2014
Saturday

Travel day, and I don’t really have much to say today. But that 485 deadlift kicked my ass. Lower back has been tightening up at random times over the last couple days since. It was so bad earlier, I couldn’t even get comfortable when I was sitting in the car. As soon as I stood up again it went away, and has (mostly) stayed loose this evening.

Thinking I need to get back into the inversion boots. I was using them 3-4 times per week for a while, and really felt they were helping (I have some issues with pinched nerves in my lower back/hip area, radiates down into legs occasionally). I stopped doing it at some point, don’t recall why.

02 February 2014
Sunday
HRV - 64, Green
Weight - 217

Woke up Sunday and did my HRV measure, score starting to come back up. Weight was at 217, and I looked a little soft (at least I thought I did). Didn’t do measurements, since we over slept a bit and had to take off. Last day of winny and tbol, as well as arimidex.

Cycle Over - PCT Begins

03 February 2014
Monday
HRV - 70, Green
Weight - 220

1A. Pullup - BW x 10, 50 x 5, 60 x 5, 70 x 3 / 80 x 5, 90 x 5, 100 x 5 / 110 x 1, 115 x 1 / 80 x 5-2-1;
1B. Military Press - X, 65 x 10, 80 x 5, 95 x 3 / 105 x 5, 120 x 5, 135 x 5 / 145 x 1, 150 x 1 / 105 x 10-5-3;
2A. Neutral Grip Pullup - 10, 10, 9; 1 Arm Pulldown - 110 x 10, 120 x 10;
2B. Lateral Raise - 35 x 8, 8, 8, 8, X;
Matrix Calf Press Machine - 215 x 12, 12, 12;

Today was the first day of PCT, starting 40mg Nolvadex ED, as well as L-Glutathione and LIV-52 for the liver and no-flush niacin for the lipids. Haven’t had any panels done, just kind of assuming and playing it safe. Didn’t take any of this on previous short cycles, but I plan on making them part of the mix from here on out.

Pullups felt like crap, but they usually do on 3x5 week. Military press strength is coming up nicely, and I have the shoulders to prove it:) I had intended to throw Tabata swings in as a finisher on upper body days, but the lower back is still a little tight. Hoping I can loosen it up enough to do the full squat routine tomorrow. I plan on at least doing the work sets, even if I skip the Jokers.

After weighted pullups, the rest felt pretty good. Neutral grip pullups after the weighted ones used to be pretty easy. I could knock out 4 x 10+ without too much trouble - then I gained about 15 pounds. Added the 1 Arm Pulldowns as a way to get a little extra volume with strict form that I can’t quite get on the NG pullups now. Also added the calf machine, going to try and do some form of calf work every lifting day. I’ve never focused on my calves, and it shows. That was always the first thing dropped from leg day when things got too heavy or ran out of time. Not going to obsess about them, just want to start getting in more volume and see if they grow at all.

Monday morning’s picture - we’ll call it the ‘after’ shot.

This is a great read I remember seeing it when you first posted, but I have a couple of questions:

1. what HRV system are you using and how much did it cost you (the two I’ve seen are pretty expensive)
    1a) do you notice a difference overall on your green days?

2. How much water weight do you think you’ve accumulated? Given you had an AI and tren/mast I personally don’t think you would get much but you never know

3. Have you considered increasing your inj. dosages? I’ve read some people recommend running close to 1.5-2x what you would normally consider for a long cycle on a short -blast- style 3-on-2 off etc.

All in all you’ve made some great progress in a short time, I wouldn’t mind seeing your nutrition, my stats are pretty much identical to yours currently so I’d like to see what you work with during the blasts and especially on your off weeks.

Pretty cool log man. I’ve enjoyed reading it. I wish more people would do this–it’s interesting.

So you gained about 6 pounds or so if I am not mistaken, right? It looks like you tightened up a bit in the mid section and your strength went up. Sounds like it was fairly successful.

Im not yet convinced it was a success personally. While on he made ok gains I suppose but lets see how he retains it. That’s been the only problem I have seen with these type of cycles. Maybe he has a secret and I hope he does seems like a good guy and I hate see some one just piss their money away but, hey not my money.

Claron - I am using the Bioforce system. I took a little tax money two years ago and dropped the 200 for it. I’ve been using it pretty religiously since (until I went on cycle), and have to say I’m mixed. The longer you use it consistently the more accurate it is supposed to be. That having been said, there have been quite a few high-scoring green days where I just felt worn down with no motivation. There have also been yellow and red days where I have felt great, and still hit the gym with no issues. I keep using it partly because I dropped so much cash on it, but I honestly can’t say I’ve seen a lot of benefit from using it.

1. First short cycle with the injectables, I felt like I gained a little water toward the end. I didn’t take an AI that time, until right at the end when I was seeing some sides I thought were prolactin based but turns out (through reading more and taking the adex) were actually E related. This time, I took the adex straight through and don’t feel like I put on any water weight. However, there were days in both cycles where I just felt ‘bloated’, but didn’t look any smoother than other days.

2. If you add up each of the hormones in the mix, I am injecting a total of 1950mg over 13 days. This second one, I was also taking 60mg/day of tbol and 100mg/day of winny. Next cycle will be just the injectables again - I am out of winny, and I saw no added benefit from adding the tbol. But no, I haven’t really considered increasing my dosages. Funny you asked, because on a previous thread someone thought 150mg/day was too much.

As far as nutrition, I’ll admit I don’t follow a really strict diet. I increased calories when I started cycling again, while trying to keep them clean. I don’t count my macros, but I prioritize protein in every meal/snack. I suppose if I really dialed in my macros and calorie count, I would do better but I have been happy with it so far. Like you said, I would definitely say I have gained mostly muscle. The electrical impedance scale in my bathroom has me at 13%BF, though I know those are not the most accurate measures.

VT and Reed - I started the first cycle at 207 and ended at 217. After 5 weeks PCT and off, I started this most recent one at 211 and finished at 220. I’ll weigh tomorrow to see where I am, but only time will tell how much I keep. I am pretty sure I am beyond my ‘natural max’, so any weight kept at this point will be difficult. I’ve got enough for I think 3 more short cycles, and I am kind of curious how this will continue.

04 February 2014
Tuesday
HRV - 63, Green

Squat - 195 x 5, 240 x 5, 290 x 3 / 315 x 5, 365 x 5, 410 x 7 / 435 x 1, 460 x 1 / 315 x 10;
Snatch Grip Pin Pull - 185 x 3, 3, 3, 3;
Front Squat - 135 x 5, 170 x 5, 205 x 3 / 220 x 5, 255 x 5, 290 x 6 / 305 x 1, 325 x 1 / 225 x 20;
Ab Wheel - 12, 12, 12;

Gym at work was full, so I hit the base gym instead. That was almost a mistake since it was pretty busy as well, and they only have two squat racks (unless you count smith’s and max racks - which I don’t), work gym has 6 double sided racks - 12 total squat stations. Luckily the guy at one of them was just getting started, so I was able to jump in and work in with him. That was odd for me, because it’s been forever since I was forced to share a rack. We both did our own thing, loading and unloading as necessary until he was done. Forget if it was after I did 365 or 410, but he did another set at 275 and then said ‘I scared him off’, haha. Finished my jokers and drop set, and then went through the other moves. Had planned on doing 5 x 3 of the pin pulls, but the lower back was starting to whisper to me so I cut one short. Hit front squats, moved up through the weights and then did my drop set at 225. After 10-12 reps it turned into a breathing set, but I got 20 reps. Funny, whenever I do 20-rep front squats I feel fine as long as I am holding the weight, but as soon as I rack it the spots come out and I get light headed.

Finished up with the ab wheel and some stretching - I have been neglecting this for a while now, and I am definitely noticing a difference. I’ve always been pretty tight, but stretching consistently keeps me kind of limber. Not doing it for a while, plus all the extra weight, and I had trouble getting into some of the positions (hugging knee to chest to stretch glutes/hip). Good day overall.

05 February 2014
Wednesday
HRV - 75, Yellow

Today is an off day from lifting, which I usually use for conditioning work. After I got done with my long, grueling work day at about 1030, I was going to come home and hit the gym with my wife instead of doing it at work. I get home and she is still half naked, and one thing leads to another and I only did about 15 minutes of cardio today.

06 February 2014
Thursday
HRV - 81, Yellow - Second yellow in two days, yesterday’s score was 75. Getting back up into the score range I typically stay in (high 70s to mid 80s, sometimes a little higher).
Weight - 218 straight out of bed. Obviously fluctuating some, but I expect to lose some weight over the next few weeks. I started this last one at 211, and would like to start the next one around 215 or higher.

1A. Band Pull Apart - 20, 20; Motorcycle Row - 80 x 10, 87.5 x 10, 95 x 10, 100(?) x 10; BPA - 20;
1B. Bench - 135 x 10, 170 x 5, 205 x 3 / 220 x 5, 255 x 5, 290 x 6 / 305 x 1, 325 x 1 / 225 x 10-5-1;
2A. 1-Arm Cable Row - 57.5 x 10, 65 x 10, 10, 10;
2B. Incline DB Bench - 65 x 8, 8, 8, 10;

Base gym (again) was busy, but I managed to get in and hit what I wanted. Bench felt good, I used Thib’s advice from a recent article of his and benched thumbless until I got to 290 (I think, forget if I did that set thumbless or not). Felt pretty good at the lower poundages, but once it got heavier it started to feel awkward. Went back to it when I did the FSL Rest-Pause sets at the end. The fatigue from those made it feel awkward as well. Started the third part of the set thumbless, and got stuck at the bottom. Held there for a few seconds, reset to normal grip, and then got it off my chest - ass up, racking it in one of the lower hooks since full extension wasn’t happening. I don’t use a spotter usually, and rarely get stuck like that. New hand position probably didn’t help combined with the fatigue accumulation.

Moved on to assistance, probably could have done a couple more of those incline sets for 10 each instead of 8, but I am just jumping back up in weight after dropping it due to my shoulder. Felt good, but still didn’t do any cardio after lifting, since I am still letting my lower back rest (somewhat). Went and used the gravity boots, and got some odd looks. Chick leading a group fitness class actually called me out, causing everyone to look at me. Whatever. Things do wonders for the ole spine.

07 February 2014
Friday
HRV - 66, Green Score dropped back down, but gave me a green. Don’t know what to make of it.

Snatch Grip High Pull from the Hang - 175 x 3, 3, 3, 3, 3;
Deadlift - 185 x 5, 225 x 5, 275 x 3 / 290 x 5, 335 x 5, 385 x 7 / 405 x 1, 425 x 1 / 295 x 10;
A. Close Grip Bench - 135 x 8, 185 x 8, 205 x 8, 215 x 6, 6;
B. Screw Curl - 40 x 8, 45 x 8, 50 x 8, 55 x 6, 6;
C. Single Leg Extension - 100 x 8, 8, 8, 10, 115 x 8, 8;

Decent day, was a little slow at first since I was getting the wife going on her lifting. She hasn’t lifted in a while, but she’s getting started back up. I put her on the Strong Lifts 5x5 program, it’s a pretty good basic program for beginners. She’s starting with just the bar, so it will be a while before she is moving any real weight. I figure that’s a good thing with her history (shoulder and ankle issues, etc).

Lower back tightened up a little while I was deadlifting, but I got through the whole thing with no issue. Did some arms and some leg extensions as quad work to finish up. I’m getting back into the gravity boots to decompress my spine - had pretty good results when I was using them a lot before. Stopped, and started having issues again so I am getting back into them.

09 February 2014
Sunday
Weight - 216
HRV - 81, Green

Cardio - 500m Row/5:00 Elliptical Machine - 4 rounds (plus 2:00 warmup on elliptical) - 30:00 total

Hadn’t planned on doing anything today but the wife wanted to hit the gym while she had me to coach her, so we went. Since I was there, figured I’d get in some cardio as well. I made this one up a while back, not real hard but decent routine. Row gets my HR up to low 160s, then it slowly drops back to 120-130 over the five minutes of elliptical. So, decent work without beating up my knees (they were getting to the point of always being sore from running and sprints).

Already down 4 pounds, though there is obviously some fluctuation in there. Trying to keep my calories up to preserve gains, without overeating and putting on fat. Actually doing my cardio and throwing in some finishers should help with that as well.

10 February 2014
Monday
Weight - 215.5
HRV - 76, Green Expected a Yellow, or a much lower score. Usually get that whenever I do cardio or lift in the PM.

1A. Pullup - BW x 10, 50 x 5, 60 x 5, 70 3 / 85 x 3, 95 x 3, 110 x 4 / 115 x 1, 120 x 1 / 85 x 6-3-1;
1B. Military Press - X, 65 x 10, 80 x 5, 95 x 3 / 115 x 3, 130 x 3, 145 x 5 / 150 x 1, 160 x 1 / 115 x 10-5-2;
2A. Neutral Grip Pullup - BW x 10, 10, 10; 1 Arm Pulldown - 57.5 x 10, 10;
2B. Lateral Raise - 35 x 8, 8, 8, 8;
Delt Finisher - 50# x 6 - clean and press, swing, lateral swing, 25 x 6 - bent over lateral swing; - 2 rounds

Felt GREAT in the gym today. Didn’t even realize it was going to be that good of a day till I was part way through my warmup. Weights felt good, was moving quick between sets. Really pounded through the main portion of my lifting (weighted pullups and military press), then switched over to assistance moves and felt like I got stuck in mud. Still was able to get the reps I wanted, just seemed to move a little slower between sets; breath didn’t come back quite as easily. Still hit the finisher though, it is done circuit-style. 50# in one hand, alternating sides for the 6 reps as you go through the different moves. Then drop the big one and grab two smaller ones, to get the bent over lateral swings. Should have gone with a 30 or even 35 on the bentovers, but still felt good. It is supposed to be a delt finisher, but so much of the work is done with the hips that I felt like I actually flushed out the pump I had in my lats and delts. Got the heart rate up, but really didn’t feel like I did much to my shoulders with that.

Still trying different things, looking for a good finisher for upper body days. If you have one, throw it at me.

11 February 2014
Tuesday
HRV - 73, Green
Weight - 213

Squat - 195 x 5, 240 x 5, 290 x 3 / 340 x 3, 390 x 3, 435 x 5 / 460 x 1, 485 x 1 / 340 x 10;
Snatch Grip High Pull from Pins - 190 x 3, 3, 3, 3, 3;
Front Squat - 135 x 10, 170 x 5, 205 x 3 / 240 x 3, 275 x 3, 305 x 5 / 325 x 1, 345 x 1 / 240 x 17;
Reverse Crunch - 16# med ball x 12, 12, 12;

Another great day in the gym. I used to love hitting it first thing in the morning, but I am finding if I wait a little later I tend to have better training sessions. Didn’t have to work today, so we slept in (longer than I would have preferred, in spite of my previous statement). I dropped almost 3 pounds from yesterday, so I think I am not getting the calories I need to maintain weight. That, or I am just too far above my natural max to keep it on.

Hit one of the base gyms in the area, which was a little busy since it was lunch time already. Got the wife through her squats while I was warming up and getting ready to start, then plugged in and got going. When I am lifting - and especially when I am squatting - I tend to focus on what I am doing so much and stay withing my little box that I don’t usually notice if guys are watching me. Unless they happen to stop and stare while in my line of sight. The funny thing when my wife is with me is she can sit back a little and watch the guys around me while I am lifting.

As I was progressing up through my working sets, some short fat guy jumped in the smith machine next to me. He did a couple sets of upright rows, getting in my way once or twice while he tried to load his machine while I was already standing there loading my bar. Kind of annoying, but he moved away pretty soon. I didn’t think much of it, till my wife said he did a couple sets there, watching me in between. Then he suddenly stripped his weights and moved a couple down - for some reason this gym has one squat rack, one power rack, and 2-3 smith machines. I’ve never understood that. Anyway, his buddies show up and try to get in the one next to me, and he’s like ‘no, no, let’s use the next one over’. Probably just trying to stay out of my way, but my wife thinks the weight intimidates people - that, and she says when I get into lifting mode I look intimidating. Whatever, but kind of funny. She also said a few guys would stop and watch while I was squatting and either shake their heads and walk away, or continue to stand there and watch me instead of doing whatever they were doing. I’ll admit, I do get some satisfaction from causing guys to stop and stare at the weight I’m moving. But at the same time, I am smart enough to realize I am the big fish in a small pond and my weights would mean nothing in competitive powerlifting.

Finished the squats, and did the high pulls from the pins. Not sure what is going on there, but I have been increasing the weight by 5 pounds every week with no need to back down at all. The bar just seems to fly up on every rep. Guessing I dialed in the technique, not sure. I’ve also never really pushed the weight on those, so I can’t really compare to previous lifts.

Front squats felt great as well. Worked up through the weights, and then dropped back down for the final set. Ground out 17 reps at 240 - wanted 20 and probably could have gotten it, but whereas I normally don’t feel light-headed until after the set is over, I was starting to feel it around 14-15 reps. So I called it there. I was looking at my weights, and suddenly realized where I am with front squatting. I did a single at 345 today, and next week will peak out at 355. Assuming no setbacks or injuries, I could be front squatting over 400 by the end of the summer (I am estimating here - might be later into the fall, but should happen this calendar year).

Can’t say enough how much I am loving 531. Great progression built into the system, a ton of different ways to modify the system without completely departing from it. Obviously the gear is probably helping some, but I am making good, consistent gains in strength even when off so I don’t think the short cycles I am doing are having too big of an effect here. I could obviously be wrong (it happens occasionally), but who knows. I guess once I stop repeating these short cycles I’ll find out.

13 February 2014
Thursday
Weight - 215.5
HRV - 80, Green

1A. Band Pull-Apart - 20, 20; Motorcycle Row - 87.5 x 10, 95 x 10, 10, 10; BPA - 20;
1B. Bench - 135 x 10, 170 x 5, 205 x 3 / 240 x 3, 275 x 3, 305 x 3 / 325 x 1, 345 x 1 / 240 x 9-3-2;
2A. 1 Arm Cable Row - 65 x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10;
2B. Incline DB Bench - 65 x 10, 10, 10, 10, X;

So. After a marathon day of admin bullshit at work, finally got to the gym sometime early in the afternoon (around 145 or so). After eating just a couple McDonalds (I know) chicken biscuits, a couple Quest bars and a Zero Impact bar, I finally got ready to go and downed my pre-workout shake (again, no stims just protein and carbs with some creatine). Also drank two cups of coffee throughout the day of stupidity, more to stay awake than anything. Ate the McDonalds because I came to work early to do bloods at medical - no test, just lipids but should still be interesting. Unfortunately I don’t have an immediate pre-cycle panel to compare with, since that might raise some eyebrows. This one was just as part of a check up.

Got to the gym, which was busier than I expected considering it was still during working hours for the fleet types. Grabbed a bench and got busy. Probably due to the coffee, but I felt really good and was moving back and forth between rows and bench pretty quickly. I’ve been playing with the thumbless grip Thibs was talking about a while back. I kind of like it, but as I move up in weight I get a little nervous. Still get a couple sets in with it. I think the bars there are bent as well, because even with a full grip it feels like the bar is going to rotate out of my hand sometimes. I only did 3 reps at 305 because of this - probably could have gotten another rep or two if it didn’t feel weird. Did 325 x 1, but was a little shaky so I grabbed some random dude to spot me. I started to explain what I wanted, but turns out we were on the same page already. He says, ‘I won’t touch it unless you fail’. Perfect. Sat down, went through my mental checklist as I set up, and moved it faster than 325 did. Dropped down for the rest-pause cluster, and then moved on.

Switched from two arm rows to single arm (like I always do) supersetted with incline DB’s. I normally do 4 sets of each, but I wanted another set of rowing so I added one at the end. Like I said earlier, felt good pretty much throughout, even as fatigue began to accumulate.

Having some minor issues with sex drive - I normally have a very high sex drive, but I have been noticing that the tren blend I am using has affected that. First short cycle with it, I actually had trouble getting it up and keeping it up. After I started the adex, that went away but still had trouble finishing. No issues through the second one, but seeing some decreased libido now in my second PCT. First week was 40mg Nolva ED, this is second week and I am at 20mg ED this week and next. Suspecting some E backlash, as I saw the beginnings of acne on my chest again today - saw that last time but thought running the adex throughout would help. Apparently not. Going to get some aromasin for next one (or as soon as I can) and see if that works better. Also planning to order some test p and mast p (individually) and do a couple short cycles using just those (plus AI of course). Was going to finish out what I have first, but I am now thinking of ordering some sooner and alternating between the test/mast and tren/test/mast. Conventional wisdom says I should have started out with that ‘milder’ stack before jumping into tren, but the price was just too good - still is, but I’m wanting to see how a cycle works without the tren to screw with stuff (still not sure if it is or if it is all E related).

14 February 2014
Friday
Weight - 216.5
HRV - X (forgot to measure)

Snatch Grip High Pull from Hang - 180 x 3, 3, 3, 3, 3;
Deadlift - 185 x 5, 225 x 5, 275 x 3 / 315 x 3, 360 x 3, 405 x 5 / 425 x 1, 450 x 1 / 315 x 10;
1A. Dip - 75 x 8, 8, 100 x 4, 4, 125 x 3, 3;
1B. Screw Curl - 45 x 8, 8, 55 x 4, 4, 60 x 3, 3;
2A. Single Leg Extension (plate loaded Hammer Strength) - 70 x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8;
2B. Single Arm Pulldown - 60 x 8, 8, 8, 8;

Deadlift day, actually got to the gym earlier than we usually do. Still kind of busy, but not too bad. Definitely picked up while we were there. Worked the wife through some mobility and corrective squatting stuff while I was warming up. Apparently her ITB is kind of tight, and is keeping her from squatting low. After some foam rolling, goblet squats and wall squats, she finally was able to get close to parallel on goblet squats. Going to write up the same warm up I use to help her out. Anyway.

Got started and ramped up the weights pretty quick. Felt good, just kept moving weight and reloading plates. Tried not to stare too much at the scrawny dude who appeared to be trying to deadlift. He had a pair of 5’s on the bar and was basically squatting straight down with his back almost completely upright. This was forcing him to damn near do a front delt raise to get the bar around his knees which were way out in front of him. Considered trying to correct him, but he didn’t look too receptive. Then a couple guys started deadlifting on the other side of me, and one was having the same issue (they were at 135 though). I quietly pointed it out to his partner, and he almost instantly transformed his form - began sitting back really well without even having to point that out. I worked up to 450 x 1, and somehow didn’t scare anybody away. Crazy day.

After deadlifting, I got some dips done. Bicep tendonitis is almost completely gone. Funny thing - when it started to bother me, I took a week off and did a bunch of stretching and mobility stuff to try and keep it from getting worse. What happened? It got worse. So I went back to lifting, and ignored all the stuff you’re ‘supposed’ to do. Lifted through minor pain, didn’t stretch it, didn’t ice it, stopped taking curcumin. Just lifted as close to normal as I could without killing it. And it got better - like I said, it’s almost gone.

531 Week (3rd week off - Last week of PCT)

17 February 2014
Monday
Weight - 219 (at gym after eating with clothes on)
HRV - left stuff at home, so no measures for next couple weeks (might just stop doing it completely)

1A. Pullup - BW x 10, 50 x 5, 60 x 5, 70 x 3 / 90 x 5, 100 x 3, 115 x 2 / 120 x 1, 125 x 1 / 90 x 5-2-1;
1B. Military Press - X, 65 x 10, 80 x 5, 95 x 3 / 120 x 5, 135 x 3, 150 x 3 / 160 x 1, 170 x 1 / 120 x 8-4-2;
2A. Neutral Grip Pullup - 10, 10, 10; Single Arm Pulldown - 110 x 10, 120 x 10;
2B. Lateral Raise - 35 x 8, 10, 10, 10;
Tabata Swing - 70#KB - 4:00

Out of town again, but business as usual in the gym. Starting my third week off (final week of PCT), and just getting stronger. Broke my PR from a couple weeks ago, when I pressed 170 x 1. The little bit of stuff I was able to find from guys who had done short cycles like these, they said they typically still saw gains in the first couple weeks off. I am in the third week, and my weights just keep going up. Even when I’m on, I don’t really feel like the stuff is boosting my strength too much, if at all. Guessing that is due to the short duration, since most guys talk about going total beast mode when they are on tren.

Finished up, and then hit the Tabata swings for a finisher. Went to work, and then after work we decided to play speed ball. For two hours. If you don’t know what speed ball is, the easiest way to describe it is forward pass touch rugby. Constantly moving up and down the field, only real breaks in the game is when someone scores. Started pounding calories as soon as we were done - a meal bar about a half hour before we finished, then a quest bar leaving the field. Headed straight to a pizza place and pounded a half a large pizza. Threw a banana on top of that, and then sat in the hot tub for a while. Feeling pretty good now, and really hoping I’m not too sore and stiff to squat tomorrow. If I have to I can push it to Wednesday, but I’d rather not.

The stuff I cycle on is predetermined amounts in the same vial. I ordered all three hormones in separate vials, so this next cycle I can play with the levels of the different compounds and try to find more of a sweet spot. I haven’t had too much in the way of sides (that I have noticed), aside from some sexual stuff (trouble finishing mainly, as well as some libido loss - prior to these I was a complete horn dog). If I can find a sweet spot, maybe I can prevent those as well.