3 Reps in 1 Attempt, What Are The Rules For This?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3cZGYogPDg/?igshid=1npzjc26impfg

Lol

1 Like

Thats an easy one…he didn’t follow the commands on the last two reps.

1 Like

IPF…Lifelong ban

I don’t know why he was so upset at the red lights, surely you are going in knowing you are going to get smashed if you rep your lift out.

I like how he got ONE white light. Like, one of the three judges figured, fuck it, it’s good.

2 Likes

Its equipped no one cares anyway

1 Like

Wash your mouth out!

2 Likes

*rinse and spit it out on equipment

Unlikely to make it any more gross if it’s being used properly.

1 Like

Oh… okay. That’s what we’re doing now.

goes to corner and cries

I saw that video yesterday, apparently he was mad as the judges for something that happened earlier and decided to mess with them. It seems weird, and I don’t understand why he would choose such a light weight for his 3rd attempt. But I also don’t think he actually broke any rules - is there anything in the IPF rulebook that says you can’t rep the weight? In the IPF they err on the side of red lights.

Maybe violates putting the bar down with control after the down command

K bai :c

But he did put it down, he just lifted it again after. If there’s no rule then on what basis to they give him red lights for a good lift (initially)? That’s probably why the one judge gave him a white light.

1 Like

It’s judge intimidation. Or violating the safety of the loaders. ( Probably their reasoning anyhow )

1 Like

I saw 2 downward motions without receiving a down command there.

Also, why do the commentators sound like they are covering a golf game?

1 Like

I feel like technically this should have been a good lift. He lifted the weight after the first command. He lowered the weight after the down command. Once the weight hit the floor that’s a good lift, end of story. There are no rules about what you do after the lift are there? I suspect he is just getting a DQ for being an asshole.

2 Likes

It’s an interesting question. You are only allowed 3 attempts at each lift and you are only allowed one lift per round but this is really an implicit rule. The explicit wording is the 1st lift in the 1st round, 2nd in the 2nd and 3rd in the 3rd.

Now the deadlift rules are pretty clear - any upward movement of the bar counts as a lift. I think the judges can fairly say he had 3 attempts in that round.

Should that red light the lift? Well, to me the rules around number of lifts and lifts per round are about maintaining order (it’s not your lift yet Steve, get off the platform) than they are about judging the lift.

IMO the judges probably should have called it a good lift if you go entirely by the stuff written in the book but then had grounds to disqualify the lifter due to the 5 deadlifts lol

The IPF will probably write a new rule in now :laughing:

Anyway, love a debate about technicalities to start the day.

Likely something like that, I was once warned at an IPF-affiliated meet about that after asking a judge why he gave me a red light. I got 2 whites so the lift was good, they said I’m not allowed to question it. It’s like questioning the laws in China or Cuba.

That’s the sort of atmosphere they typically have at IPF meets. If you fail your opener and get it on the 2nd attempt it’s a birdie.

Pretty much, but if that’s something to get DQ’d for then the whole IPF should shut down.

2 Likes

That is the biggest load of bullshit I’ve ever heard. If one of the judges thought you were high, you have every right to know that’s why you almost got red lighted. In my fed they encourage you to go and ask about every red light you get that you dont immediately know the reason for.

1 Like

You compete in a WPC affiliate, right? Last two meets I did were WPC and they said the same thing, you’re more than welcome to ask what they think you did wrong. I seriously think you have to be some sort of masochist to want to compete in the IPF.