3 or More Shakes to Get Past Plateau?

what are you daily cals at?

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:
I drink shakes like that all the time man, how you could think that whey, oats, and bananas are somehow unhealthy? this is far past illogical in my opinion. if your 6’4 you have a long way to go in terms of size in order to look filled out even so I wouldn’t sweat the small stuff [/quote]
Good point, and yes I have so much more muscle to gain to look filled out!

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
what are you daily cals at?[/quote]
Approximately 3500+. I don’t really count them, I just guess att the end of the day basedd off each meal.

[quote]eyegainweightbig wrote:

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
what are you daily cals at?[/quote]
Approximately 3500+. I don’t really count them, I just guess att the end of the day basedd off each meal.[/quote]

IMO…if you are training properly…at 6’4" and 235lbs you need at least 3,500 cal. from solid food with two of those shakes in addition to, but never in place of the solid food.

Well, technically, it is solid food. It’s just blended up! Oats, pb, and banana. (and whey but thats a supp)

Well, technically, it is solid food.[/quote]

LOL…I read your post and know what a shake is. Of course you should do what you believe is best. If you are able to support 235lbs of BW and continue to progress drinking your meals that is exactly what you should do. You technically don’t know how many calories your consuming daily, so it probably doesn’t matter where they come from anyway. Shakes are so easy too, little shopping, little preparation, no plannming, even the most undisciplined lifter should be able to handle that and stay on track.
Plenty of us have tried what you suggest. Most met with some level of success. It is generally short lived (strength levels are usually the first to go) and results in constipated progress, if any. It works fine for dieting, fine for conditioning/endurance work, but if size and strength are your goals; solid food is the shortest distance between where you are, and where you claim you want to be.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

Well, technically, it is solid food.[/quote]

LOL…I read your post and know what a shake is. Of course you should do what you believe is best. If you are able to support 235lbs of BW and continue to progress drinking your meals that is exactly what you should do. You technically don’t know how many calories your consuming daily, so it probably doesn’t matter where they come from anyway. Shakes are so easy too, little shopping, little preparation, no plannming, even the most undisciplined lifter should be able to handle that and stay on track.
Plenty of us have tried what you suggest. Most met with some level of success. It is generally short lived (strength levels are usually the first to go) and results in constipated progress, if any. It works fine for dieting, fine for conditioning/endurance work, but if size and strength are your goals; solid food is the shortest distance between where you are, and where you claim you want to be. [/quote]
Well said. I guess I’ll just buckle down and eat more solid food. I have found that ground beef chili is easy to make and convenient, which I have been eating 2 or 3 times a day

By the way, why do you considered anything that is blended to not be solid food? Your body breaks it down anyways.

what if I blended up tuna or steak and chugged it? (not saying I will)

are you serious? whey protein = a supplement, and therefore not real food. Even though the bioavailability of whey concentrate or isolate is very high, there’s no substitute for meat, eggs, etc.

By the way, why do you considered anything that is blended to not be solid food? Your body breaks it down anyways.

what if I blended up tuna or steak and chugged it? (not saying I will) [/quote]

Your body would treat it like a steak.

You are really confused about this?

Dude, your body doesn’t care how finely chopped up the food is. It will mean your body will have to do less to break it down itself, that’s about it.

Many bigger bodybuilders will rely on a protein shake or meal replacement as a “real meal”. However, they are also usually eating several times a day on top of that.

You don’t hit 250+ without being real acquainted with a fork.

[quote]nikoV wrote:
are you serious? whey protein = a supplement, and therefore not real food. Even though the bioavailability of whey concentrate or isolate is very high, there’s no substitute for meat, eggs, etc. [/quote]
Did not mention whey…

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Dude, your body doesn’t care how finely chopped up the food is. It will mean your body will have to do less to break it down itself, that’s about it.

Many bigger bodybuilders will rely on a protein shake or meal replacement as a “real meal”. However, they are also usually eating several times a day on top of that.

You don’t hit 250+ without being real acquainted with a fork.[/quote]
Agreed

[quote]Professor X wrote:

You don’t hit 250+ without being real acquainted with a fork.[/quote]

Yeah this is true for sure. at the end of the day chicken consumed is still chicken consumed even if its liquified lol

Bluecollartr8n was referring to your shakes, which contain whey protein, so yes he was.

[quote]nikoV wrote:
Bluecollartr8n was referring to your shakes, which contain whey protein, so yes he was. [/quote]
i did not mention whey.

i did not mention whey.[/quote]

I love to make a shake with whey, oats, natural pb, and a banana.
[/quote]

thank you, tveddy. Is this guy for real?

No problem. It makes it easy to pad the post count without having to contribute to the thread

i was referring to the oats, pb, and banana. stop sweating the small shit

i was referring to the oats, pb, and banana. stop sweating the small shit[/quote]

So you’re worried if oats, pb, and banana are unhealthy and I am supposed to stop sweating the small stuff?