T Nation

3 or 4 Days Timing?

I have a strange question I guess. I was wondering if it mattered when your 3 or 4 days a week were. Because of work schedules, and my gym times (its open from 9-8, closed on Friday) I can only go Mondays, Tues, Wed and Sunday, so that leaves 3 days off in the middle, will that terribly effect my training or is it ok to get 4 days of excerice three off?

[quote]davidh019 wrote:
I have a strange question I guess. I was wondering if it mattered when your 3 or 4 days a week were. Because of work schedules, and my gym times (its open from 9-8, closed on Friday) I can only go Mondays, Tues, Wed and Sunday, so that leaves 3 days off in the middle, will that terribly effect my training or is it ok to get 4 days of excerice three off?[/quote]

3 days would be more than enough

As long as you don’t work the same muscle group two days in a row you should be fine. Typically people spread it out throughout the week to avoid that issue altogether.

I personally have a similar schedule to yours. I do an Upper/Lower split, with Upper on Wed and Sat, Lower on Fri and Sun. I take Mon, Tue and Thur off. So I have three days in a row and am having great progress.