T Nation

3 Months Post AAS Use: LH-FSH Normal Range, No Signs of T Life

Looking for some experienced thoughts on my situation and let me say in advance thank you for any helpful input because this is a rough one:

Quick overview of my situation, 4 years of consecutive AAS use, well aware of the horrendous approach I took, but I was blinded in my progress in the competitive powerlifting world. Anyhow I am 25 years old and have been making a hell of an effort to get off all supps and have now hit 3 months since my last shot of HCG and about 3.5 months since any AAS use. Prior to that I made a few attempts to get off but was not able to function well on basically no T. At this point i’ve had 5 blood tests and the last 2 have been showing signs of life finally but T level has still been dropping.

Feb 1st
Test: 100 (350-950)
Estrogen: Undetectable <5
LH .07
FSH 2.0
SHGB 21

March 1st
Test 73 (350-950)
Estrogen Undetectable <5
LH 2.0
FSH 6.9

At this point my main concern is besides having horrendous levels of T and E, the fact that LH has risen but test is still decreasing. Side note I did do nolvadex after the HCG but the little progress it seemed to create didnt stick. Not sure how much longer I should bother with my natural test before throwing in the towel. Some real time experiences would be great to hear. Thank you.

You need the assistance in the T-replacement forum.

Attempt to restart and if that fails - many in your situation cruise on TRT and blast on cycles and then PCT is not needed.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones
  • HPTA restart
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

okay sorry for posting in the wrong spot, thanks!

V - were you on hcg the whole time or only sporadically?

I did a heavy ass dosage for 3 weeks (8000IU a week) and my T level felt definitely high but then I went back on right after that 3 week period for another year.