3 Months In, Should I Stop TRT?

Hi everyone

I decided to start TRT about 3 months ago. Since that time I feel really uncomfortable because sometimes I feel myself better and sometimes it’s a nightmare. Fatigue and insomnia are getting worse. Can’t see any changes in my body weight. I’m taking some meds for my insomnia and anxiety for a long time and not sure if it’s the reason.
In my state (RI) I cannot order lab tests online and check the levels by myself and need to wait for my doc appt for about a week.
So the questions are: is it possible that TRT caused all those symptoms? Should I stop TRT immediately w/o my doctor advice?

No. You really need bloodwork to make a decision. There could be a multitude of reasons you are having issues…most likely related to estrogen sides.

Describe your TRT protocol in detail with mg’s etc. Not volumes.

When are labs done relative to injections? Example: on day 7 after weekly injections…

TRT does not seem to have problems if done correctly.

• E2 needs to be monitored and managed
  • RBC, hematocrit, hemoglobin, PSA [age dependent] need to be monitored
  • Thyroid must not be the weak link

There can be other health issues at play. Please list your sleep aids as there might be a “zombie” effect.

Please list all available lab results in list format with ranges.

Do note the section below re oral body temperatures and post these ASAP along with your history of using iodized salt.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.