I’ve made this sort of improvement inside of a month before so it might be possible. Here’s what I did :
- Lose as much weight as possible. Low carb works for me.
- Concentrate on hill runs, sprinting and hill intervals. I found a STEEP hill and did 20 mins of climbs at as fast pace as I coudl muster. Prob at least 3-4x a week for the next few weeks.
- Do one slow long run a week just to keep stuff fluid and distance up
- Get a lot of sleep to recover
- Prep like hell the day before. Carb loading is also BS for a run of this short distance, it’s just extra weight you need to carry.
- Go into the race warm and ready to go hard from the start.
- Run hard and don’t let up the entire 3miles.
that’s about it.
If you have a good base already as in you can run at least 2x that distance okay then I reckon you’re in good stead. Otherwise it’s going to be a challenge for sure![/quote]
Right now I’m doing cardio every other day on an ABC rotation.
A: 3 mile run for time, then try to maintain pace for another .5 miles, then .5 mile cooldown very slow jog/walk
B: Bike 10 miles, maintaining heart rate above 160. 5 min cool down
C: 2 mile run at 3 mile pace, last mile is intervals of 30 sec on 1 min off.
probably won’t drop much weight as I’m currently 6’3" ~185 @ around 5-8%