T Nation

3 meals Vs 6 meals. Which is better?

Hello all!
I am now confused as ever. Which is the best way to gain muscle? Is 3 meals per day good or bad?

I have heard that eating 6 times per day (which I do now, btw) is BAD.

Like.

• You use carbs/fats/protein you eat for energy instead of bodyfat. Thus loosing bodyfat may be
    slightly harder.

• Your body becomes inefficient. (It throws carbs/protein away because it has no need to use it, body knows that it will get next batch 2 hours later)

• Eating protein every 2-3 hours is nessesary as body will not use it all (see above).

Studies have shown that muscle can grow in as little as 15 minutes and thus no need to hold imaginery ‘anabolic window’ 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

So what? 3 big meals will do enough??!!!

Anyone has any opinions on this issue?
Remember 6-8feedings comes form Flex and bodybuilders who dont know what they are doing.
Pro’s like to put max effort , even if it is useless effort. (working out 6 times per week 2x a day for example)

!reply please!

From the last two questions you have asked, I can tell you are getting your information from less than credible sources. I appreciate that you are trying to learn, but honestly you are taking the lazy route. Don’t just ask us what we think - read the older issues of this magazine. As for your “how many meals” question, read anything by John Berardi.

20 huge meals a day is best if you can handle it. Spend all the money you can spare on food & eat as much as possible while training incredibly hard. Do lots of squats, bench presses, deadlifts, overhead stuff & olympic lifts, no more than 6-8 reps in a set.

What stuff are you reading? Only bloodtype 0 can work out? Muscles grow in 15min.? Whatever. Try it if it sounds convincing to you. Seriously. Also try this: Bench 3 sets of 12 to failure. Wait 15 minutes. Then try the same again and see if you got stronger.

Yes, it is a very bad thing to be eating more than 3 times per day. In fact, I would highly recommend that you only eat 2 times per day - once in the morning and once before you go to bed. That’s what I do for my dog and he’s muscular as hell. But, you have to keep in mind that you still need to take in adequate calories. Things like hot dogs and ice cream are great for this. And, they’re both great sources of protein, fat, and carbs. Oh, and be sure to stay away from those gimicky products like Mag-10 and Androsol. Good luck!!!

hahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahah ahahahahahhahaahhahahah!

About the 15 minutea

muscle can grow in 15 minutes AFTER recovery period has ended(which can take weeks up to 6 weeks or more).

SOrry, that point was confusing. However no one has tried to answer the question

3vs6!!! Lets hear the answer~!

More is better. Eat 5-8 per day. Read T-mag to find out why and stay away from Flex.

I get hungry every 2.5 hours, so I eat every 2.5 hours, cept when I sleep, unless I wake up in the middle of the night, then I drink milk.

You are right tho the real bodybuilders don’t know what there doing, there all on roids and they grow no matter what (they don’t even work out they just sit in the gym adjusting their bandanas and look at the chicks on the stair climbers). Seriously tho… there is no best way to gain muscle… there is only struggle and pain.

i dont think six meals a day is neccesary for muscle growth ne way. u grow when u sleep and how many times do u eat when u sleep? All that hog wash about not eating being catabolic muscle wasting etc. etc. I dont beleive ne of it. How much muscle could u possibly lose after not eating more then 2 hrs? If u think its gonna effect muscle size to ANY extent then u have some sort of psycological disorder body dismorphia syndrome disease. Im 6 ft tall 242 lbs 15% bf 18yrs and I have no trouble gaing and maintaining muscle(lets hear it guys its cause im 18 right?). Plus eating so many times keeps insulin raised thus creating a resistence problem. but IF u are doing some HIIT that shoudnt be a problem.

HUH, man, 12 meals a day would be even better than, 3,5 6, or 8. As long as your still getting your required amount of calories each day. The reason nobody reccomends eating 12 meals per day is because it is obviously impractical. But the more meals you can get in per day the better. Just remember to keep track of calories, protein, carbs and fats.
Hope that helps.

Huh are you ssalexss from the other boards? Are you really gonna have the same damn argument where you constantly get the same responses to? If you want 3 meals tryit - I along w/ most others will stay with more and get results.