T Nation

3 Full Body Workouts Per Week vs 5 Days 5 Muscle Groups

Can someone please help me choose between workout styles. I am not a novice body builder. i have been hitting the gym regularly for nearly a year with scattered appearances before that. I have the time to be at the gym close to 10 times per week. I have made some gains by separating my muscle groups. like monday-chest, tuesday-back etc. I also go back to the gym at night to do arms and cardio... is this bad? But everything im reading now is pushing towards these full body workouts and minimizing time in the gym.

I really want to grow bigger arms and chest without gaining much body fat. Im willing to put in whatever time is required. what would people recommend for me? im about 165 5'10 8% body fat. thanks

Just eat and lift according to your results and enjoyment.

Spend 3-4 months doing each with other factors remaining constant and see which works better for you.

Show some initiative with regards to your lifting goals instead of asking a question that has been asked over 1000 times.

It wouldn’t have killed you to use the search function. But I guess it’s easier to be spoon fed information…

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Just eat and lift according to your results and enjoyment.

Spend 3-4 months doing each with other factors remaining constant and see which works better for you.

Show some initiative with regards to your lifting goals instead of asking a question that has been asked over 1000 times.

It wouldn’t have killed you to use the search function. But I guess it’s easier to be spoon fed information…[/quote]

You displayed far too much restraint. Next time try using expletives. THHHHERRRE GRRREAT!!!

There are far too many signs of troll in this thread. I recommend carrots and bosu balls.

Dude you obivously have no idea how to train…So I’m gonna help you with the search function.

Try this http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/classic_vtaper

and later this

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/labuff_how_do_you_train

Read whatever that guy LaBuff has to say…It’s what we all do around here and we are all functional.

Bosu ball squats and soy milk.

Has anyone seen Professor X’s new avatar? Fucking sick! Wonder who made it? X wanna chime in here, may as well talk about ur avatar rather than this shit going on in this thread, so?

i just dont quite understand. just vote 3 day full body or single muscle group isolation

[quote]jamdill wrote:
i just dont quite understand. just vote 3 day full body or single muscle group isolation [/quote]

I’m for ten times a week half-body.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
jamdill wrote:
i just dont quite understand. just vote 3 day full body or single muscle group isolation

[/quote]

With no leg work.

jamdill wrote:

[/quote]

Half body? Like right side and left side?

Hmm. Wait. Make that “quarter body”.

You rotate between: Upper right, lower left, upper left, lower right.

Yes, in that exact order or you will not be able to make amazing gains such as 5-10 lb of muscle per year.

Lanky: Leg work is done unilaterally at all times, like a one-legged leg extension, for example.

Yes, in that exact order or you will not be able to make amazing gains such as 5-10 lb of muscle per year.

Lanky: Leg work is done unilaterally at all times, like a one-legged leg extension, for example.

[/quote]
Would you recommend drop sets or rest-pauses with the one arm wide grip pullups?

[quote]elusive wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

Would you recommend drop sets or rest-pauses with the one arm wide grip pullups?

[/quote]

Drop sets and pre-fatigue, of course.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Monday AM- Left arm, Right Ab
PM- Right quad, left calf
Tuesday AM- Rhmboids, Right Forearm
Tuesday PM- Quadratus Laboratum, neck extensors

Wednesday- off

Thursday AM- thumb flexors, adductus longus
THursday PM- right intercostals, orbicularis oculi

Friday- left sternocledomastoid, left pectoralis minor

Saturday- Active recovery with bosu ball and carrots[/quote]

Well now, that’s a shameless rip-off of my grand program which I based on studies and science…

Anyone have any advice on unilateral vs. bilateral masterbation? Will the arm I normally use get too large and be out of proportion if I never switch it up? Will I be able to recruit more muscle fibers if I jack it bilaterally instead of unilaterally? Please respond ASAP because I am not gonna do anything till I have at least 3 studies or articles that say one way is better, and I am sitting here dick in hand with a woody.

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:
Has anyone seen Professor X’s new avatar? Fucking sick! Wonder who made it? X wanna chime in here, may as well talk about ur avatar rather than this shit going on in this thread, so?[/quote]

I haven’t heard anything, but it is most definitely Iron Dwarf. He is the resident graphics artist, and X’s avatar bears great resemblance to his other work.

And yah it is sick :wink:

Some cock pushups added would be awesome.

Remember, more is better, if someone tells you otherwise that’s pure bullshit.

You went to the gym for ONE year with SCATTERED approaches; THIS MAKES YOU A NOVICE!

[quote]jamdill wrote:
But everything im reading now is pushing towards these full body workouts and minimizing time in the gym. [/quote]

Read different things then.