3 Day Workouts

There recently has been a lot of talk of 3 day a week workouts on this website that focus on total body training. I was very interested in this, so I went out and bought Dr. Ellingtons book “The New High Intensity Training”

I decided to give this type of workout a try because my old program was getting boring.

The parameters of this program are 2 sets of evrything, where you take the first set to 10-15 reps and the last to failure ( anywhere from 8-15 reps).

exercises:

Mon. 9/27/04
Squat
RDL
Bench
CSR
Hammer curls
Skull Crushers
Shoulder Press
Traps
I was thinking of adding in a forearm routine, but I will give the program about a week to see how I fell.

About half through this workout today I felt like I was going to puke! This program is tougher than I thought. If you are looking for a change give this program a try, IT will kick your ass!

I am going to continue to write my log with the weights and reps in the future.

If anyone wants to add anything or their own expirence please feel free.

Joe Kenn’s tier system is way better than this HIT program. Period. CW’s 3 total body work out program is also better. I don’t see the purpose of HIT anyway.

[quote]Tungsten wrote:
Joe Kenn’s tier system is way better than this HIT program. Period. CW’s 3 total body work out program is also better. I don’t see the purpose of HIT anyway.[/quote]

What is joe kenns program about. What are the parameters.

This is what I did for three day workouts for the past few weeks:

Monday:
OH Squat (6s of 3r)
Heavy Dead (Work to 1)
Hanging Pikes (3*6)
Weighted Dips (Triples, plus 5 reps immediately after the triple)

[same protocal for rest of week]
Wednesday:
Drop Snatch
1 Arm Snatch
Ballistic Bench
Weighted Pullups

Friday:
Full Clean
Push Jerk
Jump Squat
Military Press

Got me pretty damn strong. I feel great coming off of it.