3 Day Upper/Lower vs 3 Day Full Body

I’m back into lifting after about 4 years and I’ve been using a 4 day upper lower split with good results but due to to my new job I can only train 3 days per week. I was going to train upper/lower Monday Wednesday Friday each week but I would like to squat and deadlift once per week instead of once every 9 or 10 days. I squat on one lower day and deadlift on the other.

So my other idea would be 3 full body worlouts with squats on Monday, bench on Wednesday and deads on Friday. Other movements would folow these. What are people’s opinions or experinces with this would I be better sticking with upper lower or trying full body. My goal is both size and strength. Cheers for your help hope it makes sense it’s my first time posting here.

Check out Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5, depending on your experience and lifts. One of those is likely exactly what you’ll need and there are apps that can crunch the numbers for your progressions for you.

Hope that helps.

I think this is exactly what you’re looking for: Strength Training: College Edition

Solid layout imo

3 Likes

Thanks alot I checked them out I’m doing something similar but not in a 5x5 manner thanks alot

Good read that thanks for posting.

1 Like

Yeah if size your main goal split the training up a bit -go with that “college edition article”