T Nation

3 Day Split

Can anyone please tell me where I can get a good 3-day a week split routine? I have had a look on here but can’t seem to find one. Maybe I?m not looking hard enough.

[quote]almost wrote:
Can anyone please tell me where I can get a good 3-day a week split routine? I have had a look on here but can’t seem to find one. Maybe I?m not looking hard enough.[/quote]

You can adapt [u]some[/u] of the routines here to a 3 day split. For example, you can make day 7 an active recovery day and shift it to day 8 (and the rest shift in week 2 as well, obviously) in ABBH I

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459341

Also, I think there was one that was full body 3x/week a while back, but I don’t recall the name. I’m sure someone will know which one I’m talking about.

You would keep the same set/rep schemes and exercises, of course. Just move give yourself one extra day of recovery.

Matt

Try Total Body Training by Chad Waterbury. I think it is a three day split, and it seems like a good program.

Why a three day split?

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
Why a three day split?[/quote]

I don’t know about “almost”, but for me, it works really well with my work schedule and such. It also makes planning for other events or family obligations much easier 'cause it gives the family a good idea of what is on my plate besides work for the day.

Finally, when I’m doing it, there’s a diet called the “Zig-Zag” diet where you would eat for what activity is planned that day, so planning meals with the family works out well.

Family comes first, of course, but you can more easily work within well known and established parameters.

My long-winded opinion,
Matthew

I like three-day splits and have had my best success on those types of splits versus a 4-day-a-week plan.

Total Body Training, Triple Total Training, Westside for Skinny Bastards, and the Strength Focused Mesocyle are some good three-day-a-week programs. Also, you can do as suggested and take a four-day-a-week program and do it on an 8-day rotation, so that you can still train Mon, Wed, Fri (or Tues, Thurs, Sat) by pushing the fourth workout to the following week. If doing something like this, I highly suggest ABBH or the variation I posted in another thread (Building a Better Body Section, post about Waterbury’s Methods).

Also, Renegade Training is set up on a three-day split, and I’ve had good success with those programs in the past.

It depends on your goals and what program is best suited for you.

There is a great program by Christian T. called Part time beast. type it in the search and look it over. I am currently using this program while on the velocity diet. One of my favorites for a time saving, but kick ass workout.

Forgot to say Thanks for all the feedback and program suggestions. I have found a good program and have been using it for a couple of weeks now. All seems to be going ok. Thanks again.