T Nation

3-Day Power-Building

Looking to study a 3-day powerbuilding program. A heavy main lift and volume supplemental and assistance work. I cannot commit more than 3 days in the gym. I could do 2-3 days conditioning. Any articles?

Assuming by powerbuilding you mean a routine that gets you bigger and stronger, a lot of Jim Wendler’s 5/3/1 variations are 3 days of lifting with 2-3 days of conditioning. Check out “Building the Monolith”.

I love the approach layed out by Dave Tate in “The 8 Key’s to Progress,” and “The Periodization Bible, Part 1&2”

Warm up
Main lift
Secondary lift
Assistance

Because you’re not a powerlifter, just skip the ME and DE stuff. Use “main lifts” like inclines, close grips, stiff deads to target your small areas like a body-builder would.

Then hammer on your lats, hamstrings, tri’s and rear delts/traps.

Also, C.T. puts out some cool concepts in " Zombie Apocolypse Workout."

You could follow his lead, and get into high pulls instead of dl’s for awhile.

You could use his “growth factor” ideas for your assistance work.

lol, here we are again!

I’ve seen this book.

Oh stop whining. Who’s going to open your jar of peanut butter for you if everyone trained like a bodybuilder?

laugh it up, asshole. When I finally conquer those 15k 'bells there’ll be no stopping me!

What? Why bother with such feats of strength? I, for one, am relieved that I can always count on the Starting Strength trainees weighing 50lbs less than me to open my peanut butter jars.

Btw, OP, we’re just joking around because we don’t have a better answer than this.

Amir Rapid, Strong Bodybuilder

Their squat maxes are impressive, and they do drink a lot of milk. Handy guys to have around. Can’t really count on the big guys at the gym for anything.

It’s Amit Sapir, Flaterfamer!

lol, yeah sorry for fucking around in your thread OP.

A 5/3/1 version would be my recommendation also.

Sensible Training- A Logical Approach to Size and Strength, by Dr. Ken E. Leistner

The Development of Muscular Bulk and Power by Anthony Ditillo

John McCallum Routines, Part 1

I have become a pretty big fan of Paul Carter’s routines. He has a bunch of three day routines.

Waterbury Method with deadlifts and ramping up and down the 10x3 excercises to close to %90 1RM.