3-Day Only Bulking

Day 1: Back, Bi’s

Excercises: Deadlifts 4 x 6-8, Lat Pulldowns /or Pullups 3 x 10-12, Seated Rows 3 x 10-12, DB Rows /or BB Row 3 x 10-12, DB Curl 3 x 6-8, BB Curl 3 x 6-8

Day 2: Chest, Delts, Tri’s

Excercises: Incline DB Press 4 x 6-8, Weighted Dips 4 x 6-10, Pec dec /or DB Fly’s 3 x 10, Seated DB Press 3 x 6-8, Leaning Laterals 3 x 10-12, EZ

Bar Skullcruchers to CGBP 3 x 6-8, Rope Pressdowns 3 x 10

Day 3: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves

Excercises: Squats 4 x 10-12, Hack Squats 3 x 10-12, Leg Curls 3 x 6-10, Standing Calf Raise (one big continous dropset), Walking DB Lunges 12 steps each leg (done for 3 rounds)

MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY

whats your opinion on this? can I bulk on a 3 day routine?

IMO if you aren’t using a super high intensity program (such as DC) then hitting your muscle groups 2x a week is a good option (if time permits) because you’re in a calorie surplus and you should be recovering faster if sleep and nutrition is on target.

Also-Check out “Do this routine instead of that” by Kingbeef.

BTW what are your stats/current lifts because that could guide in the advice giving as far as routines.

[quote]luka5z wrote:

Excercises: Deadlifts 4 x 6-8, Lat Pulldowns /or Pullups 3 x 10-12, Seated Rows 3 x 10-12, DB Rows /or BB Row 3 x 10-12, DB Curl 3 x 6-8, BB Curl 3 x 6-8

Excercises: Incline DB Press 4 x 6-8, Weighted Dips 4 x 6-10, Pec dec /or DB Fly’s 3 x 10, Seated DB Press 3 x 6-8, Leaning Laterals 3 x 10-12, EZ

Excercises: Squats 4 x 10-12, Hack Squats 3 x 10-12, Leg Curls 3 x 6-10, Standing Calf Raise (one big continous dropset), Walking DB Lunges 12 steps each leg (done for 3 rounds)

whats your opinion on this? can I bulk on a 3 day routine?[/quote]

Looks good to me. The only thing I would do is add another hamstring exercise to balance out the quad work your doing. Either GHR or stiff leg/romanian deadlifts.

Also, no ab work?

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

[quote]luka5z wrote:

whats your opinion on this? can I bulk on a 3 day routine?[/quote]

Looks good to me. The only thing I would do is add another hamstring exercise to balance out the quad work your doing. Either GHR or stiff leg/romanian deadlifts.

Also, no ab work?[/quote]

oof. don’t neglect direct ab work. even if you aren’t interested in the aesthetic aspect, having strong abs will carry over to pretty much every lift.

i forgot. i will do abs after every legs workout. 3 triple sets:
Hanging Leg raises + Cable Crunches + Incline Bench Leg Raises

Maximum intensity

just do ab wheel rollouts

[quote]luka5z wrote:
can I bulk on a 3 day routine?[/quote]
You can, sure. A bunch of classic bulking plans use just three training days per week. It’s all about how you train and how you eat.

What’cha gonna be eating?

Also, like I mentioned to you a few months ago, make sure you go balls out in every training session, since you’re only hitting each bodypart once a week. Give them a reason to recover and grow.

And again, what’s your current height, weight, and general fat level (not percentage, but pudgy, kinda lean, 12-pack abs, etc.)?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]luka5z wrote:
can I bulk on a 3 day routine?[/quote]
You can, sure. A bunch of classic bulking plans use just three training days per week. It’s all about how you train and how you eat.

What’cha gonna be eating?

Also, like I mentioned to you a few months ago, make sure you go balls out in every training session, since you’re only hitting each bodypart once a week. Give them a reason to recover and grow.

And again, what’s your current height, weight, and general fat level (not percentage, but pudgy, kinda lean, 12-pack abs, etc.)?[/quote]

First, thanks for you attention.

I weight 180 lbs currently, 5 8 height. Im kinda lean, visible 6-pack when flexing. But obviously there is a bit of fat in lower abdominals. But generally Im rather lean.

When you say go balls out in every training session you mean training with high intensity , going to failure, occasionaly doing dropsets etc?

[quote]luka5z wrote:
When you say go balls out in every training session you mean training with high intensity , going to failure, occasionaly doing dropsets etc?[/quote]
Relative to your abilities, yep. A low frequency plan (hitting bodyparts once per week) allows/requires the use of higher intensity. But I’m not saying to turn the dial all the way to 11 from the start.

This article has a bunch of good ideas on how to gradually, but consistently, increase intensity over the course of several weeks:

so do you think my plan is okaya s long as I have proper intensity?

my diet is 3500 kcal, 200g animal protein(+50 g from veggies), 400 g carbs, rest is fat

[quote]luka5z wrote:
so do you think my plan is okaya s long as I have proper intensity?

my diet is 3500 kcal, 200g animal protein(+50 g from veggies), 400 g carbs, rest is fat[/quote]
That sounds fine on paper, just put it into action everyday.

Make sure your strength is increasing each week and your bodyweight is going up steadily, and you should stay on track.

and the last small question:

do you think it is better to do:

Bar Skullcruchers to CGBP 3 x 6-8

or just Decline skullcrushers 3 x 6-8

and DL rep scheme:

what do you think about sth like this?

1x135x15 1x225x10 1x315x4 (warmups)
1x365x6
1x385x5
1x405x2
1x385x3
1x315x8

you see what I mean?

obiously never going to failure. very careful about good form.

[quote]luka5z wrote:

or just Decline skullcrushers 3 x 6-8[/quote]
Either/or. Not a huge difference.

[quote]and DL rep scheme:

1x365x6
1x385x5
1x405x2
1x385x3
1x315x8

you see what I mean?[/quote]
Well, I wouldn’t call that the “Deadlifts 4 x 6-8” you listed earlier. Ha.

So it looks like some kind of double inverted pyramid thingamajig, increasing weights/decreasing reps to a “max”, and then dropping weights/increasing reps.

But why would deadlifts, rather than another big exercise, get this kind of special set/rep setup?

It’s not a bad idea, but for your current goals, I’d probably actually stick with the 4x6-8. It’ll give you more total volume with still-heavy weights, which is what you want for a bulking phase.

Something like:
Warm-up sets as mentioned (that 15 rep set could just as easily be 8-10 with the same weight)
365x7 or 8
365x7 or 8
385x6 or 7
385x5 or 6

Progress until you get 385x8 for a set or two, then increase each set’s weight and keep everything within that rep range.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]luka5z wrote:

or just Decline skullcrushers 3 x 6-8[/quote]
Either/or. Not a huge difference.

[quote]and DL rep scheme:

1x365x6
1x385x5
1x405x2
1x385x3
1x315x8

you see what I mean?[/quote]
Well, I wouldn’t call that the “Deadlifts 4 x 6-8” you listed earlier. Ha.

So it looks like some kind of double inverted pyramid thingamajig, increasing weights/decreasing reps to a “max”, and then dropping weights/increasing reps.

But why would deadlifts, rather than another big exercise, get this kind of special set/rep setup?

It’s not a bad idea, but for your current goals, I’d probably actually stick with the 4x6-8. It’ll give you more total volume with still-heavy weights, which is what you want for a bulking phase.

Something like:
Warm-up sets as mentioned (that 15 rep set could just as easily be 8-10 with the same weight)
365x7 or 8
365x7 or 8
385x6 or 7
385x5 or 6

Progress until you get 385x8 for a set or two, then increase each set’s weight and keep everything within that rep range.[/quote]

ok got it! thanks a lot.

i was doubtful about 4x6-8 on deadlifts ebcause some people say that dealifts above 5 reps are bad idea

and can you give me some examples on progression on another exercises:

for example inc db press 4 x 6-8 and bicep curls 3 x 6-8

THANKS A LOT