3 Best Biotest Supplements?

[quote]scan7 wrote:
progressive1 wrote:
Salabasha wrote:
Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Instantized Whey Protein …

Are you kidding here? You take full advantage of the endless amounts of top notch, FREE information on this site then use, and also encourage others to use, a product from another company? Especially when Biotest offers a superior whey product? Your $$ should go to Biotest, that is until Optimum provides a free website with cutting edge info, writers and products. Look up this word- “reciprocate”. Sorry to be harsh but this issue has been discussed more than once on this site.

Biotest’s strategy has been to draw attention to their products by providing awesome articles for free.

But don’t make them out to be saints, cause they ain’t.

Earlier on the supplement pimping/praise was contained to certain columns. Now every article (more or less) contains praise of their products.

I am not saying this to bash Biotest. They should make money from this site. But being loyal to them because they where smart enough to choose a novel buisness strategy is naive.[/quote]

I agree. I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing for them to plug them every article, it shows how much they believe in them. But as an open forum, when someone asks the question “what are your staple supplements” then people should be allowed to put their choices. If that isn’t a Biotest product then that’s fair enough IMO as it obviously suits that users needs better than the Biotest products.

Fair enough they asked for Biotest supplements in this thread, but saying that someone should be morally obliged to buy their products is like saying you should buy Cheesy Poofs because they sponsor your favourite sports team. I know it’s not an exact analogy but my brain is tired.

BCAA
Spike
Alpha Male (you probably don’t need this, because you are still young, though I love it.)

I like
Flameout
BETA-7
Spike

Flameout is not a supplement, nor is Metabolic Drive Complete, Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, Grow!, or the Metabolic Drive bars. That stuff is food, and it should be budgeted as food.

Do the math: Salmon is around $12/lb. You’ll get less DHA in a pound of salmon than in 8 Flameout caps (around 2 bucks) and less protein than in a few scoops of protein. So why buy salmon when you could get the same effect of an entire pound for around $4.

I once determined how much protein costs per gram (relevant to food source). Whey protein (whether you use Biotest or another brand) was the cheapest. Cheaper even than frozen chicken breast from Costco. (I realized how cheap even Low-Carb Metabolic Drive was when I went on the V-Diet. Even though Metabolic Drive is somewhat pricey, I saved at least 25% on my food bill. Protein-based foods are a lot mor expensive than I had thought.)

So don’t think of stuff like EFAs and protein powder as supplements. Those are dietary staples that are as important as cottage cheese and broccoli. They’re part of your diet.

Supplements are non-food-based aids to your progress.

Spike is the best suplement ever made. If you haven’t tried it, you are missing something special.

Flameout
Spike
Power Drive

Power Drive is so underrated!

To comment on the supplements plugging thing… over the past 2-3 years RARELY do I mention a supplement strategy in my articles. Some of my early stuff did mention supplements, but only to show what I was personally using.

My articles are about training. If a supplement can enhance the program, than I’ll give it a quick mention. But it’s not a plug, rather a tip (that you can choose to take, or not) to take full advantage of the program.

The thing is that the ideal supplements strategy will be determined by your goals and the type of program you are on. For example, a powerlifter training in the 1-3 and 4-6 rep ranges most of the time will only mildly benefit from a supplement such as Beta-7, BUT Spike and Power Drive will be ideal in his case. On the flip side, a bodybuilder using a hefty training volume will greatly benefit from Beta-7 since it will increase his work capacity.

I just completed an article explaining the pros and cons of most type of training systems, and I do mention what supplements work best for each system. It’s not a plug, but it will help those who decide to use supplements to select the ones that will give them the most bang for their buck.

That having been said, there are supplements that I consider effective for most programs and objectives:

• Flameout
  • Surge
  • BCAA

Damn you exclude some great choices. LOL

Mine Flameout, Spike, and HRX

Thanks for posting your rationale CT. I think most understand why you mention the supplements in articles, but as you know, you’ll never please everyone.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
Am I crazy or is this completely insane?[/quote]

Little bit of both… :slight_smile:

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Flameout is not a supplement, nor is Metabolic Drive Complete, Low-Carb Metabolic Drive, Grow!, or the Metabolic Drive bars. That stuff is food, and it should be budgeted as food.

Do the math: Salmon is around $12/lb. You’ll get less DHA in a pound of salmon than in 8 Flameout caps (around 2 bucks) and less protein than in a few scoops of protein. So why buy salmon when you could get the same effect of an entire pound for around $4.

I once determined how much protein costs per gram (relevant to food source). Whey protein (whether you use Biotest or another brand) was the cheapest. Cheaper even than frozen chicken breast from Costco. (I realized how cheap even Low-Carb Metabolic Drive was when I went on the V-Diet. Even though Metabolic Drive is somewhat pricey, I saved at least 25% on my food bill. Protein-based foods are a lot mor expensive than I had thought.)

So don’t think of stuff like EFAs and protein powder as supplements. Those are dietary staples that are as important as cottage cheese and broccoli. They’re part of your diet.

Supplements are non-food-based aids to your progress.[/quote]

I’ve tried telling people this, they don’t get it. It’s the same guys who say “I’ve been on Metabolic Drive for 3 months now” like its some sort of chemical.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
To comment on the supplements plugging thing… over the past 2-3 years RARELY do I mention a supplement strategy in my articles. Some of my early stuff did mention supplements, but only to show what I was personally using.

My articles are about training. If a supplement can enhance the program, than I’ll give it a quick mention. But it’s not a plug, rather a tip (that you can choose to take, or not) to take full advantage of the program.

The thing is that the ideal supplements strategy will be determined by your goals and the type of program you are on. For example, a powerlifter training in the 1-3 and 4-6 rep ranges most of the time will only mildly benefit from a supplement such as Beta-7, BUT Spike and Power Drive will be ideal in his case. On the flip side, a bodybuilder using a hefty training volume will greatly benefit from Beta-7 since it will increase his work capacity.

I just completed an article explaining the pros and cons of most type of training systems, and I do mention what supplements work best for each system. It’s not a plug, but it will help those who decide to use supplements to select the ones that will give them the most bang for their buck.

That having been said, there are supplements that I consider effective for most programs and objectives:

• Flameout
  • Surge
  • BCAA

[/quote]

Also, before the writers started including the little supp recommendations at the end of their articles, every 5th post on the discussion thread was “What supps should I take?” So the little 4 sentence “Take Surge and Spike” recommendation was to combat that a little I think.

1. MAG-10
  2. MAG-10
  3. MAG-10