3/4/5/ Club

hi guys

i know a target for some of you may be the bench 300lbs squat 400 lbs and deadlift 500lbs

in my gym its all kilos and i had been working towards the 3/4/5 target although i count 3 blues each side as 140 kg , 4 blues each side as 180kg and 5 blues each side as 220kg - pretty much the 3/4/5

(each blue in my gym = 20kg , bar = 20kg)

yesterday i squatted 180 kg to the grass which brings my lifts up to

140 x 3 - bench press
180 x 1 - squat
220 x 1 - deadlift

also getting 45kg dbells up for 7 reps on the db shoulder press - full range

i know a lot of guys on here push some serious weight - i just wanted to post my wee achievement - :slight_smile:

thanks

arsey

should say im about 88 kg ??

had dieted down from 92 to 80 for a competition to get on the cover of mens health

being lean is ok but i prefer feeling the size and strength

clothes fit again , woohoo

congrats on the lifts. keep it up. no reason you can’t go 4/5/6 or even 5/6/7.

[quote]dead_lifter5000 wrote:
congrats on the lifts. keep it up. no reason you can’t go 4/5/6 or even 5/6/7. [/quote]

thanks mate

ill keep plodding away and see how it goes

i split my leg workout up in two which i find helps a lot ie

rather than legs day or full body or lower body i go for a quad day of squats , zercher squats and single leg bulgarian squats - following workout ill go for something like chest and shoulders then go for a hamstring calves day of stiff leg deadlifts , calves and good mornings

feel far better doing that

Nice job man, keep up the good work.

[quote]MisterAmazing wrote:
Nice job man, keep up the good work.[/quote]

cheers man - i will :slight_smile:

might switch to 6 rep max training or something along those lines just to stay heavy but ever so slightly increase the volume

did four dips with 60 kg hanging off me so would like things like that to get more reps

good lifts dude, keep it up!

You’re very strong for your weight, well done!
I’m the same weight as you and you have me beat.

Out of interest, how’d you do in the competition? get on the cover? Any shots from it?

Cheers.

[quote]Stuey wrote:
You’re very strong for your weight, well done!
I’m the same weight as you and you have me beat.

Out of interest, how’d you do in the competition? get on the cover? Any shots from it?

Cheers.[/quote]

hi mate - i enjoy the strength stuff - started off as a skinny kid and liked the feeling of beating last weeks stuff - when training i dont see many guys my size pushing my weights with good form

as for the comp i didnt get picked - they had told me before i was too big so i dieted down to about 12 stone

check this pic -

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/talk/uploads/ec0e741f0bb6d07d260c6d37d9bd564f.jpg

in the end i didnt get picked - com pseemed a bit rigged after details came out but hey - not too worry

me a few months back putting weight back on

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/talk/uploads/1da0e0bb18c31be773651ef38217f4f0.JPG

Just wanted to add a great job to your lift numbers. In the last year I have brought them up to these areas except my dead. I can do 400 for reps and I think 500 is around my max. It feels good for those of us who started far from these numbers.

Congratulations,

D

Nice club, I’ll hopefully be there by the end of the year. I’m at about 185/125/200 at the mo!!
Where about’s in Ireland are you from?

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Nice club, I’ll hopefully be there by the end of the year. I’m at about 185/125/200 at the mo!!
Where about’s in Ireland are you from?[/quote]

belfast mate - northern ireland

Congrats - i’m impressed by your bench - what rep/set scheme did you use and any particular technique?
I’m stuck at 130 for a single though its been a while since i did a 1RM.

[quote]Ryu wrote:
Congrats - i’m impressed by your bench - what rep/set scheme did you use and any particular technique?
I’m stuck at 130 for a single though its been a while since i did a 1RM.[/quote]

in the past ive done power routines like kortes 3 x 3

i dont max out on the bench often - i like to try and improve on things like my shoulder press and dips which i find help a lot - also when im lifting well on things like weighted chins / squats my bench is always better

basically just try and get stronger on a routine and vary when u go stale

130 is still a good lift mate , spot on

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Just wanted to add a great job to your lift numbers. In the last year I have brought them up to these areas except my dead. I can do 400 for reps and I think 500 is around my max. It feels good for those of us who started far from these numbers.

Congratulations,

D[/quote]

true - i have kept training diarys for years and remember writing things like - almost benched 100lbs !!

guys that told me i was too skinny to be lifting weights would struggle putting my warm up weights away :slight_smile:

heres to progression :stuck_out_tongue: