T Nation

2yr-Old Son Loves Protein Drink

My 2 year old son always asks me for some of my low-carb cheapie-brand choc protein drinks. I usually end up sharing with him. It contains sucralose.

Any concerns with him consuming it from time to time? His diet is basically a T-man diet (oatmeal, fruit, veggies, NO processed food, milk, MEAT, etc).

When I finally get my Low-Carb Grow!, will it be ok for him to have some?

Thanks
Matt

[quote]StrongMan wrote:
Any concerns with him consuming it from time to time? His diet is basically a T-man diet (oatmeal, fruit, veggies, NO processed food, milk, MEAT, etc).

Thanks
Matt[/quote]

You write NO processed food, milk, MEAT, etc. Do you mean you don’t give him any milk or meat or just no processed food?

It seems that the sweetener in Splenda (sucralose) is safe, as it is more natural, at least when compared to other sweeteners. Look it up on Google; there should be some good advice there.

My daughter has been drinking Grow! since she was about one or two years old. Now she’s six and fuckin’ hyooooge!

No, I’m kidding. It’s a great snack. She’d sip on mine when she was little and now she makes her own. Her current favorite is a mix of chocolate and vanilla.

For those wanting their kids to drink a small protein shake as a snack instead of eating junk food, the secret is to let them help make it. That’s the fun part to them.

[quote]StrongMan wrote:
My 2 year old son always asks me for some of my low-carb cheapie-brand choc protein drinks. I usually end up sharing with him. It contains sucralose.

Thanks
Matt[/quote]

Used as an occasional snack, it’s fine.

[quote]ILOVEGWBUSH5 wrote:
StrongMan wrote:
His diet is basically a T-man diet (oatmeal, fruit, veggies, NO processed food, milk, MEAT, etc).

You write NO processed food, milk, MEAT, etc. Do you mean you don’t give him any milk or meat or just no processed food?

It seems that the sweetener in Splenda (sucralose) is safe, as it is more natural, at least when compared to other sweeteners. Look it up on Google; there should be some good advice there.
[/quote]

Yes. He really doen’t eat much in the processed/junkfood category. He’s basically on the T-Dawg 2.0 diet. Except he usually eats 4-5meals/snacks per day.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
My daughter has been drinking Grow! since she was about one or two years old. Now she’s six and fuckin’ hyooooge!

No, I’m kidding. It’s a great snack. She’d sip on mine when she was little and now she makes her own. Her current favorite is a mix of chocolate and vanilla.

For those wanting their kids to drink a small protein shake as a snack instead of eating junk food, the secret is to let them help make it. That’s the fun part to them.

[/quote]

Thanks Chris.
I have a 1/2 dozen bottles of new Low-carb Grow! coming. And if he continues to eat like this, he will be pretty big.

He is pretty meaty, not fat; solid.
Maybe I’ll transition his normal pre-bedtime sippy-cup of milk to one scoop of Grow! and milk =)

BTW, I have reviewed his squatting technique. He has not problem with ass-to-grass, but I need to work on getting his knees out and keeping that back tight!

By definition - isn’t Grow! “processed?”

it beats the doritos, oreos, cake, candy, cookies, soda, “juicy-juice”, and every other starch/corn-syrup/flour based products that most Americans feed their kids.

If you can keep him on this diet 2 yrs from now I’ll be interested. I started mine out eating the same things at 2 yrs old since that’s what I’ve always ate but now that he’s almost 4 he’s in that stage of wanting breaded chicken nuggets (the healthiest kind I can find) vs. my chicken cooked on the barbecue. He’s just getting real finnicky now in his eating habits. He still loves his chocolate whey protein drinks.