T Nation

2nd Meet Results/ Thoughts

Extremely happy with how things went yesterday. (There is a video in my training log)
I met some awesome people, one notable was Brian Carroll. The dude was super helpful, shared his experience in the sport, and offered some great advice. I got his 10/20/life program book. Read half of it last night. Anyone familiar with his approach?

Also watched Allen Pilley take down 1030 in a squat suit. Couldn’t come back up, but it was crazy to watch. There is a clip of his successful 1003 at the end of my video.
He was the only geared lifter there. But also very friendly and a blast to watch.

I weighed in 13lbs heavier than my last meet in November, and totaled 58lbs more, making all 9 lifts. After watching the video, and my thought immediately after all my thirds, I realized I could have pushed it a bit more, but I’ll save it for next time(November again…) and hopefully break 1200 in the 198 weight class.

On Saturday, I had a dude lifting that I have been programming for, which was a cool experience. I HAVE A LOT TO LEARN. He did great, being it was his first meet. He was super anxious all day, and went 5/9. This probably bummed me out more than him, but I let him pick his thirds without too much influence. This is where I will probably do things different next time. He weighed in at 163 and totaled 1030.

All in all, it was a great day.