2nd Meet Results 1/25/14

Heres my 2nd powerlifting meet from this past weekend. The RPS NJ State Championships. I went 6 for 9 and totaled 1120. Feedback will be helpful! Need to work on squat form a bit more.
Squat: 325(good), 365(good), 390(miss)
Bench: 275(good), 290(good), 310(2 reds)
Deadlift: 425(good),465(good) 500(miss)

missing my last two deadlifts, 465lbs and 500lbs, missed 500

HERES THE YOUTUBE VID WITH ALL THE ATTEMPTS RPS 2014 NJ Championships Anthony Carlisi - YouTube

very nice bro

Everything looked damn good. Congrats!

The Benching was great, did you feel you lifted your ass? I saw movement but couldnt tell from the angle if you did or not. As far as deads go, the way the first two attempts went I thought 500 was in the bag.

Im hoping to compete in RPS in May in South Jersey.

[quote]AbsuM- wrote:
very nice bro[/quote]

thanks man

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

The Benching was great, did you feel you lifted your ass? I saw movement but couldnt tell from the angle if you did or not. As far as deads go, the way the first two attempts went I thought 500 was in the bag.

Im hoping to compete in RPS in May in South Jersey.[/quote]

Thanks man!
I honestly don’t think I did, the movement is me tightening my butt, about the same movement in my second lift where I got 3 whites, everybody watching thought I was robbed. It’s no biggie though, its not like I was competing for money so a calls a call. I got 2 reds. Next competition I’ll just have to have my form down a lttle better. To me I nailed the lift, and hit over 300 for the first time in my life so I was happy either way.
And that 500, man I thought I had it too! I was smiling in my head on the way up and I just hit a wall and got stuck, next time I’ll nail it no problem, that was my first time attempting 500 in competition.
The south jersey rumble? Do it up! Thats my next planned meet. It’d be cool to compete with a fellow T-Nation member. This was my 2nd RPS meet and I have nothing but good things to say on how they are run. Gene really puts on a great meet. The equipment is always great too.

Anybody have advice for getting my squat form down? Its the lift I need most work on.

[quote]arc23p wrote:

[quote]AbsuM- wrote:
very nice bro[/quote]

thanks man

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

Im hoping to compete in RPS in May in South Jersey.[/quote]

Thanks man!
I honestly don’t think I did, the movement is me tightening my butt, about the same movement in my second lift where I got 3 whites, everybody watching thought I was robbed. It’s no biggie though, its not like I was competing for money so a calls a call. I got 2 reds. Next competition I’ll just have to have my form down a lttle better. To me I nailed the lift, and hit over 300 for the first time in my life so I was happy either way.
And that 500, man I thought I had it too! I was smiling in my head on the way up and I just hit a wall and got stuck, next time I’ll nail it no problem, that was my first time attempting 500 in competition.
The south jersey rumble? Do it up! Thats my next planned meet. It’d be cool to compete with a fellow T-Nation member. This was my 2nd RPS meet and I have nothing but good things to say on how they are run. Gene really puts on a great meet. The equipment is always great too.

Anybody have advice for getting my squat form down? Its the lift I need most work on.[/quote]

Looks like you may be able to tighten your upper back a bit more and you may also want to focus on strengthening your glutes as your knees buckled inward on your last attempt. Great lifts!