T Nation

2nd Cycle, Very Low Gains. What Did I Screw Up?

Stats:
Height: 5'9"
Weight Starting: 80kg
Weight week 8: 85kg

Cycle:
1-12: Test E 500mg per week
1-5: Tbol 60mg ED
3-12: Arimidex Started .25 EOD, bumped to 50mg EOD as was feeling a bit of gyno.

Diet: (I won't bore you with a breakdown, I can if you like)
Protein: 230g
Carbs: 450g
Fats: 110g
Total Cals: 3800
This isn't exact everyday, its what I calculated my macros around but usually end up 4k cals if i'm not flat out working. TBH it could be more but its a fucking struggle for me. (I know you've heard it a million times)

Week 1-5 I shot up the 5kg and now week 8 it hasnt changed. I've tried upping cals but still not reacting at all. I thought the test was fake as I didnt change weight after finishing tbol but i'm 80% sure its real.

So what did I fuck up?

[quote]r3bb wrote:
Stats:
Height: 5’9"

Cycle:
3-12: Arimidex Started .25 EOD, bumped to 50mg EOD as was feeling a bit of gyno.

Diet: (I won’t bore you with a breakdown, I can if you like)
This isn’t exact everyday, its what I calculated my macros around but usually end up 4k cals if i’m not flat out working. TBH it could be more but its a fucking struggle for me. (I know you’ve heard it a million times)

Week 1-5 I shot up the 5kg and now week 8 it hasnt changed. I’ve tried upping cals but still not reacting at all. I thought the test was fake as I didnt change weight after finishing tbol but i’m 80% sure its real.

So what did I fuck up?

[/quote]

How can you possibly up your calories sufficiently and not gain weight? You clearly don’t know your body well enough.

You fucked up by thinking the gear was going to do the work for you.

What are you doing in the gym? How has progress been on your lifts?

[quote]r3bb wrote:
Stats:
Height: 5’9"

Cycle:

Diet: (I won’t bore you with a breakdown, I can if you like)
This isn’t exact everyday, its what I calculated my macros around but usually end up 4k cals if i’m not flat out working. TBH it could be more but its a fucking struggle for me. (I know you’ve heard it a million times)

Week 1-5 I shot up the 5kg and now week 8 it hasnt changed. I’ve tried upping cals but still not reacting at all. I thought the test was fake as I didnt change weight after finishing tbol but i’m 80% sure its real.

So what did I fuck up?

[/quote]

well, you gained 5 kg when you were on T-bol, and haven’t gained since? are you’re eating well above maintenance cals?

you might have fake test… and i half-think your t-bol was actually d-bol.

is your body composition changing?

My training is PHAT.
Upper Power
Lower Power
Rest
Shoulders/Back Hyper
Legs Hyper
Arms/Chest Hyper

I’ll be the first to say my calories aren’t perfect but theres one thing I’m sure is that I’m eating well about maintenance.

I know 5kg might sound ok but thats including water/fat and not a lot of muscle for 2 months. My supplier was busted around the time I actually bought gear (Was online) so maybe there was fake test sent out? Without bloodworks I can’t really tell.

If your goal is putting on muscle do a regular bodybuilding routine. Bloodwork is easy to get www.privatemdlabs.com

If you’re eating above maintenence you would be gaining weight.

If you’re not gaining weight, you’re not eating above maintenance.

How much simpler can I make this?

[quote]dt79 wrote:

How much simpler can I make this?[/quote]

It’s like its rocket science to some

[quote]dt79 wrote:

I am gaining weight but at the rate I would be natty. So my maintenance is 4k calories? lol ok

[quote]r3bb wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

I am gaining weight but at the rate I would be natty. So my maintenance is 4k calories? lol ok
[/quote]

Here’s a far fetched theory that just might work…

Eat more then!!

You’re clearly not eating enough if you’re not gaining on E.

[quote]BUDs wrote:

[quote]r3bb wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[/quote]

Here’s a far fetched theory that just might work…

Eat more then!!
[/quote]

Common sense. It’s becoming extinct.

I wonder how many of the guys that claim 17 bazillion calories a day actually track their calories and macros, measure and weigh everything. Are truly serious about knowing what they are eating and how much of it. I’m anal retentive when it comes to that. I don’t consume anything that I don’t account for with the minor liberties I have to take if we eat out. Even then I try my damnedest to figure out what the counts should be. My guess would be about 10% of them really track their intake properly.

[quote]eatmorefood wrote:
I wonder how many of the guys that claim 17 bazillion calories a day actually track their calories and macros, measure and weigh everything. Are truly serious about knowing what they are eating and how much of it. I’m anal retentive when it comes to that. I don’t consume anything that I don’t account for with the minor liberties I have to take if we eat out. Even then I try my damnedest to figure out what the counts should be. My guess would be about 10% of them really track their intake properly.[/quote]

Let’s not go that far lol.

This is down to the level of:

“I wiped my ass 3 times after taking a crap. Why are there shit stains on my underwear?”

“Fucking wipe your ass 4 times then! 5 times if 4 is not enough!”

“Lol dur ok my toilet paper is bunk dur”

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]eatmorefood wrote:
I wonder how many of the guys that claim 17 bazillion calories a day actually track their calories and macros, measure and weigh everything. Are truly serious about knowing what they are eating and how much of it. I’m anal retentive when it comes to that. I don’t consume anything that I don’t account for with the minor liberties I have to take if we eat out. Even then I try my damnedest to figure out what the counts should be. My guess would be about 10% of them really track their intake properly.[/quote]

Let’s not go that far lol.

This is down to the level of:

“I wiped my ass 3 times after taking a crap. Why are there shit stains on my underwear?”

“Fucking wipe your ass 4 times then! 5 times if 4 is not enough!”

“Lol dur ok my toilet paper is bunk dur”[/quote]

Lol! One day i’m gonna use that one