2busy's Training Log of Solitude

Yay!!! Congratulations! What a great compliment. There will be no living with you now.

1 Like

20160731 - Hockey

League game - 1 hour

Played the top team in our division. We gave them their only loss earlier in the season.

Lost 3-6. Basically we would score, they would score. Until they scored three goals that we couldn’t answer.

Knees complained until after a couple of shifts. I kept up the the fast kids pretty well.

In other news… I was informed by a vet tech friend she has now seen everything.

Lincoln, Ne. - Two women brought their neutered male French Poodle in for emergency care. They insisted that s/he was transgendered. Wearing a pink dress with a pink bow, “Tiffany” is now recovering from surgery.

20160801 - 531 C28W2 Bench and Squat

Bench Press

95 lbs x 5
105 lbs x 5
135 lbs x 3
160 lbs x 3
180 lbs x 3
205 lbs x 4

Accessory Bench Press

135 lbs x 10 x 4, 9 x 1

Thought I could get out the last 10 but my arms said nope.

Squats

105 lbs x 5
135 lbs x 5
155 lbs x 3
180 lbs x 3
205 lbs x 3
230 lbs x 6

Accessory Squats

140 lbs x 10 x 3

Trying to get a little more volume in.

20160802 - Hockey

Skills Camp - 1 hour

Camp is still not over. Lot’s of edge skating drills, 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 2 scrimmages. 1 on 1 with using angles as defense to cut off the offense.

Ended with a double down and back the length of the rink sprint.

Iced my knees at the rink and went home.

Besides the normal workouts, I’m doing a pushup challenge to bring awareness to Veterans suffering from PTSD. 22 Veterans a day take their life. The challenge is called #22 pushups for #22Kill.

The idea is to do 22 pushups for 22 days straight, and upload the video to one of 22Kills social media sites.

Sometimes I have to do a retake on the video. This is one of the reasons why.

^^That’s hysterical! And while I’m pretty liberal, that dog story is disturbing.

So glad you are doing better health-wise.

1 Like

I was invited to do this 22 Kill thing a couple months ago. Never got it done. Would like to do one set on top of Enchanted Rock. Oliver just wants to help! I face this problem often. Got GT’s tail with the ab roller one day… :joy:

20160803 - Hockey

Wednesday Night skate - 1 hour

Went in concerned about my knees, after a couple of shifts they felt ok. Had enough people on each bench to make it a fun skate. Several good shots on net, one almost got through on a one timer. Needed to be another inch to the right, got stopped by the corner of the goalies leg pad.

Help?

Oliver main purpose in life is to jump up on the sink and meow until I turn the water on for him.

That and eat cat food.

Don’t forget shit cat food too. At least he wasn’t clawing onto your back while doing push ups.

20160804 - 531 C28W3 Military Press and Dead Lifts

Military Press

55 lbs x 5
70 lbs x 5
80 lbs x 3
100 lbs x 5
115 lbs x 3
125 lbs x 4

Super setted with Dead Lifts

120 lbs x 5
150 lbs x 5
180 lbs x 3
220 lbs x 5
250 lbs x 3
280 lbs x 4

Accessory work

Military Press

85 lbs x 10 x 2

Super setted with Dead lifts

165 ls x 10 x 2

Planned on more accessory work, but I stupidly answered a phone call from an ex girlfriend between the two sets.

She asked what I was doing, I said accessory work at the gym. She promptly went on a 30 minute discussion about her life. Meanwhile I had the fan at that end of the gym blowing cold air on me…

Finally got the call ended, went to do the next set and that was the end of that.

In other Omaha news, minor excitement as we sent the baby tornado across the Missouri river to Iowa.

1 Like

She just wants you for your body. Wow! On the waterspout! It seemed pretty happy right there.

Well that’s a given :wink: I’m a hockey player.

I’d like to note that I essentially matched my MP/DL effort in my last MP/DL workout pre-stroke.

MP 125 lbs x 5
DL 270 lbs x 5

MP 125 lbs x 4
DL 280 lbs x 4

1 Like

Congratulations! Glad you are back up!

So happy to hear it, Tom. What a relief that this thing has turned out to be not such a big deal.

The thing was, it was a big deal.

Fortunately, I’m a active healthy person, and I was able to recover very quickly.

It amazes me how my brain was able to work around the damage and in 2 weeks pretty much totally recovered.

I’m also fortunate that the damage was so localized. The ER Docs were convinced for a while all I had was sudden onset vertigo because I had no loss of strength, no slurred speech, and no drooping of facial muscles.

And then the entire 1 cm sized object that was on the mitril valve on Tuesday, and gone on Friday…

I’m thankful every day. :smiley:

So to start off my weekend right, I won 2 passes to a local rock concert next Friday from a radio station. :slight_smile:

Cool! Who ya going to go see?

Fallible
Furiosity
The Beat Seekers
Forever Endeavor
Super Moon

They’re on Youtube.

It was one of the “Caller number 10” contests.

Heard announcement, got out phone, contact list, radio station entry

1st call - busy
2nd call -busy
3rd call - ring…

Thought to myself, well that’s wrong…

Lol

Same station, DJ that I won the tickets that ended up with me being next to Shirley Manson in my pic here.

20160806 - 54th Birthday

Made it through another year. And time for change.

You’ll find my new training log here.

I’m old, not obsolete

1 Like