2b and 3 Mix, Program Ideas?

Type 3 should…

• not use more than 3-4 exercises in a workout
  • not use supersets or pairings or circuits
  • stick to few overall exercises in a whole program
  • stick with the same exercises for a long time
  • training every other day

Very few people reading this forum or Tnation will be type 3 as these guys are normally not attracted by serious lifting. BUT a type 2B can take on type 3 traits when Under stress (or dieting).

When under stress, profiles tend to shift to the right. A 2A can temporarily become a Type 2B… a Type 2B can temporarily become a Type 3… a Type 1B can temporarily become a 2A, etc. A 3 under stress normally close up on himself and become depressed.

BUT the longer you stay away from your true type, the worse you will feel.

I’ll give you my own example. I’m a type 2A.

The word that describes 2As is “variation” and the sentence that best describe their training is “everything works, but nothing works for long”… A type 2B’s key work is “sensation” (as in feeling the muscles… but also as being emotional, and being foodies for example) and the sentence that best describe their training is “they get stronger by becoming bigger” (in other words they need to focus more on hypertorphy methods).

When I’m dieting down or am under a lot of stress I become a 2B… I don’t need to change my training, I prefer doing mind-muscle connection work, don’t like to go super heavy, get more emotional, don’t tolerate stress well, etc.

When I’m my normal state I want to change my training all the time, I want to do explosive , heavy and mind muscle connection work, etc.

In my experience people who are into lifting and think that they are type 3s are often 2B with a high tress level or mismanaged stress