29 Yrs Old, Borderline Low Test, Thinking TRT

Hello,

height: 6’0"
waist: 36"
weight: 200lb

I grow body hair all over, except my back which is very minimal, though lower back hair grows more plush. With facial hair, I can grow a full beard. However a typical 5 o’clock shadow occurs after 2-3 days.

I carry fat around my abnomial and I have puffy nipples. I have fat on my cheeks and jawline is somewhat pronounced.

I only had issues with allergies in the past. Nothing else serious.

OTC: Diphenhydramine 12.5mg almost everynight for sleep for about 2 years now.
Rx: none long term

Diet: About 2000 calories, 200g Carbs, 70g Fat, 180g protien. 4 meals per day. Genetric multivitamin. Eggs with salt, chicken breast, tuna fish, white rice, legumes, red meat: beef, pork, lamb. Vegetables and fruits.
Training: strength based barbell - squats, bench press, deadlift

No testes ache with fever, EVER!

Occasional morning wood, nocturnal erections. Nothing that reminds me I have it alot.

I have social withdrawal. I might be depressed, I just don’t care about anything, no joy, no motivation, no reward. Low sex drive. Morning wood occasional. Not much energy to be motivated to do things.

Should I go on trt in canada? Heard it is quite difficult here.

Doc wants me on anti-depressants but I urged blood test for hormone panel. He didn’t add in E2, pregnenolone, dhea-s, cortisol after recommend tests on sticky

Bloodtest: Result (Normal Ranges)

LH: 2.3 (1.0-7.0 IU/L)
FSH: 1.6 (1.0-8.0 IU/L)

FT: 248 (196-636 pmol/L)
TT: 10.2 (8.4-28.8 nmol/L)

E2: N/A
Prolactin: 7.2 (4.0-19.0 ug/L)
DHT: N/A
PSA: N/A
DRE: N/A

TSH: 1.7 (0.32-4.00 mIU/L)
Free T4: 14 (9-19 pmol/L)
Free T3: N/A

Cortisol: N/A
Pregnenolone: N/A
DHEA-S: N/A

B12: 678 (138-652 pmol/L)
Ferritin: 285 (22-275 ug/L)

Hours after meal: 15 hours
Triglyceride 2.17 mmol/L
Cholesterol: 5.60 mmol/L
HDL Cholesterol: 1.49 mmol/L
Non HDL Cholesterol: 4.11 mmol/L
LDL Cholesterol: 3.12 mmol/L
Cholesterol/HDL Cholesterol: 3.8

ALT: 22 (<50 U/L)
ALT/AST: N/A

CBC: N/A
Glucose (urinalysis): Negative

Thank you!

Problems from what I believe have occurred since as long as I can remember for probably 20+ years. Just thought it was just my personality.

I have been drinking min: 2 drinks max: 12 drinks 4 times a week for about 4 years.
I have smoked cigarettes for about 2 years now

Your TT of 294 ng/dL is way too low for a 29 year old, you also what SHBG tested as well. I’m 45 and mine was a few points below yours and your 16 years younger!

CBC, cholesterol, glucose, AST/ALT?

Typically FSH is a better indicator of LH status than LH itself as LH changes so much. So you have secondary hypogonadism, E2 unknown, prolactin is not a cause.

With low FT, FT–>E2 will be low, if E2 is not low, liver clearance of E2 is suspected. Your FT:TT ratio does not suggest anything abnormal about SHBG.

When and how did problems start and was there a blow to the head prior to that?

TSH should be closer to 1.0
fT4 is just below mid-range
fT3 is the active hormone and not tested
Please see last paragraph to eval overall thyroid function
Please provide long term history of using iodized salt.

At your age, DRE, PSA not called for.
DHT is not important.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

Thank you for y’all replies. I edited my original posts with information KSman put out

Not good for long term. Wears off during the night.

See if you can get time release melatonin 5-6mg.
MUST be time release. Fast release will wear off and wake you up.
Melatonin is a natural human hormone that regulates sleep.

Well I use it to GET TO SLEEP, not really to stay sleeping. I normally have a good 8 hours of sleep. Will look into melatonin, thanks!

I used Diphenhydramine a lot years ago, later was not working well for me.
Then years of Doxylamine - Wikipedia

• more years of antihistamine

Glad that you can sleep, that is golden.

So do I make a final verdict on whether to push for trt, after evaluating overall thyroid function, and E2?

I feel alcohol could be a major factor. However I merely began drinking at age of 19 because of low T symptoms. But then again I’m bias since I never checked my T levels before this recent one. Alcohol saved my life, made me enjoy it.

My trt journey started like most guys, bad doctors and lots of misinformation. It wasn’t until I found this forum until I started understanding the basics.

Starting trt is not something to rush into. If you decide to move forward with treatment please understand if done well it’s a lifetime commitment. Lots of significant variables to consider too like long term fertility etc.

Others can help you assess your labs, but I’d encourage you to read everything on this site, find a great doctor which will take time, and be patient because it will most likely be a long process before you’re well informed.

Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Dude I created this account just to reply to you. Your ferritin is high. Most labs say you’re ok up to 300 ng/l but thats the limit and you’re already fucked up at that point. It might be just inflammation raising that ferritin but if it’s not thats fucking high. If you’re of northern European descent and I BET you are, your ferritin is too high at your age and you might have a little Hemochromatosis going. The average dude on the street is rocking 100-150. If you ignore it its gonna get worse and worse and your whole world is gonna go to SHIT LIKE NO OTHER. Go get tested if I’m right, I’m saving your life. The treatment is cake, all you have to do is donate blood a few times a year and you’re golden. If you are on test it’ll push your ferritin down because you’ll have more blood production but now you definitely have to donate blood. If you’re tired and withdrawn with pain in you joints especially in your hands or knees you should know I’m telling you some truth. Ask your doc about Hemochromatosis.

• AK