T Nation

29 Yrs Old, 5'8'', 165. Looking for Tips

29/M
5’8"
165lbs

training various ways for appx. 7 years mostly boxing/ olympic lifting, Ross Enamait style stuff.

Looking to start working towards some more physique oriented goals and training for general health/ longevity. seems like some bodybuilding stuff might be appropriate.

I have never done any type of isolation work. lots of heavy cleans, pulls, squats, and various weighted and bodyweight conditioning work.

I would like some suggestions on where I should go from this point and what some programming might look like.

Current PR lifts
Back Squat - 365lbs
Front Squat - 315lbs
Press - 165lbs
Clean & Jerk - 250lbs
Snatch - 205lbs
Bench - 235lbs
Deadlift (clean style) - 405lbs
Sumo deadlift - 435lbs

Front Double-bi

Back Double-bi

Side 1 (sorry for the shitty posing, no idea what I’m doing)

Side 2

looking good you should try bulking to about 200+

You look fairly balanced, legs look solid, just need to add some mass everywhere.

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/do_this_routine_instead_of_that_dumb_one whole lot of good bodybuilding type splits in that thread, give er a read.

I notice you didn’t mention your diet at all. What’s your diet like? That is what will make the biggest difference in your physique.

thanks for the comments. diet is pretty good about 80% of the time. I try to stick to moderate carb paleo type diet. typical day may look something like this…

breakfast:
5-6 eggs
1 slice pepperjack cheese
2 pieces of turkey sausage
banana

lunch:
2 chicken breasts or half a roasted chicken
potatoes or sweet potatoes
salad or steamed veggies with olive oil or butter

Dinner:
10-12 oz of red meat, chicken, fish, or pork
potatoes or sweet potatoes
salad or steamed veggies

post workout:
1 serving powdered gatorade w/ creatine and glutamine
some fruit (figs, apples, etc.)
some meat or eggs
dark chocolate & almond butter or peanut butter

for reference, this is what I looked like a year ago at 174lbs, prior to cleaning up my diet…
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/panhandler#myForums/thread/4649208/

Nice changes compared to the before pics.

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Nice changes compared to the before pics.[/quote]

x2, good work man. Diet looks solid, think you just need to start training like a bodybuilder if your goals are more physique related now.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Nice changes compared to the before pics.[/quote]

x2, good work man. Diet looks solid, think you just need to start training like a bodybuilder if your goals are more physique related now.[/quote]

All that Olympic lifting has made you shrunk an inch, haha.

Nice work so far

What do you mean when you write " Looking to start working towards some more physique oriented goals … "
Do you mean look better ?
You mention goals that are not compatible in my opinion.
Maintaining would be a long term goal in line with your words " training for general health/ longevity "
Just my 2 cents.
All the best!
PS. Maybe your face might use some improvement.

Great job compared to your previous photos. Do what Ross did and just start eating more of the same foods and keep the workouts the same but add weight/intensity. Think he added 12lbs in a few months with little to no fat and stayed just as fast. That’s where I’m at after getting down to 160 from 180 and bf from 18% to 12%.

Love Ross Training too!

Agree with the above, you have a good frame to fill out with some more mass

nice transformation from old pics!